Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Nocturne of the Tabletop  (Read 17299 times)

Offline RichterBelmont12

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • RichterBelmont12's Let's Play Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« on: July 28, 2017, 04:42:29 PM »
I don't know if there is a topic for this already but I'll make one anyways.

There is a fan made castlevania boardgame out that made by Brandon McCool (He Is known as SimonBelmont on Steam) its called
Castlevania: Nocturne of the Tabletop

http://www.castlevaniaboardgame.com/

I know the maker of this game we talk sometimes on Steam because I've ported the game to Tabletop Simulator

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=444507114

It already has 3 expansions to the game and maybe a 4th to add Efrain Lacarde from Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles 2 (if he gets Premission from MIG).

If you have Tabletop Simulator you can play it or its a Print and Play game you can Print it out and play it.

(The Steam page has some Screenshots of the game)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 07:28:46 PM by RichterBelmont12 »

Offline Sephirous

• Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 06:14:15 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 11:22:01 AM by Sephirous »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Castlevania: Nocturne of the Tabletop
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 10:07:58 PM »
I remember seeint this years ago here, but I don't know if it had a Tabletop Simulator's port at the time. I must give it a try some time now that I have this game on steam. :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline RichterBelmont12

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 10:35:17 PM »
I remember seeint this years ago here, but I don't know if it had a Tabletop Simulator's port at the time. I must give it a try some time now that I have this game on steam. :P

Ya hook me up with a message on steam whenever. we can get a game started and anyone here that has tabletop simulator feel free to add me I may bring the creator of the boardgame to play with us. :D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 10:37:02 PM by RichterBelmont12 »

Offline DarkDiablo1995

• Hunter in Training
  • Novice Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 12:20:47 AM »
I've seen your vids on Youtube of you playing Nocturne of the Tabletop, Richter, and while I'd like a chance to at least try the game out, it doesn't seem like I'll get the funds needed to get Tabletop Simulator anytime soon. At least, not without sacrificing a roof over the head.
"Ignore a Morris at your own peril, pal. We're not Belmonts, but we can still make your plans go awry like it's no big deal."

Offline RichterBelmont12

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 10:15:47 PM »
I've seen your vids on Youtube of you playing Nocturne of the Tabletop, Richter, and while I'd like a chance to at least try the game out, it doesn't seem like I'll get the funds needed to get Tabletop Simulator anytime soon. At least, not without sacrificing a roof over the head.

That is a shame really It will be fun to get a group going again for this boardgame since I haven't gotten a group in a long time :\

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 05:25:38 AM »
I'm willing to play it online, but my mic isn't working and even if it was, my spoken english is very bad.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 12:25:24 AM »
Looks fun. I do have Tabletop Simulator so I'll have to check it out.

Offline RichterBelmont12

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 06:37:47 PM »
Looks fun. I do have Tabletop Simulator so I'll have to check it out.

Hit me up with an Invite or a Chat on Steam and I'll see what I can do.

Offline RichterBelmont12

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 03:55:35 PM »
Brandon McCool is hard at work with another Expansion to the Castlevania boardgame

He is adding a new Hunter with this hint

Also adding in some bosses that are...well unique

You can see his facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/castlevaniaboardgame/

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 06:33:45 PM »
Technically that's two hints with both the gun and glyphs, and I can guess both  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline RichterBelmont12

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 01:47:42 PM »
Brandon McCool added a new mechanic into the Board Game With a new Equipment called Shields

In his own words

SHIELDS!!
Finally, here we go. So, here is how the new shield mechanism is going to work. On all shield cards, and some other new pieces of armor as well, there will be one or two shield icons of a certain color. For each shield icon on your equipped items, you receive a shield die of that color. You roll these dice every time you would take damage in combat, and each color of die has a unique combination of faces, which can produce very different results. Some of the dice have a Karma Coin face, which produces a special effect of some sort, depending on the specific item you are using. Look at the Skull Shield image here for example. It gives you 2 black shield dice, and if you were to roll 2 Karma Coins simultaneously when trying to defend, you not only avoid all of the damage, but this enemy is now weak to absolutely everything until your next turn. Certain types of shields are also a bit risky, and while they can still protect you, there is a potential to put you in greater danger.
As for equipping shields, there is not going to be a designated shield space, but they can be equipped in place of any other type of gear. So instead of wearing a cape or a helmet, you can equip a shield in that space. And as I mentioned, there are some other items that give shield dice as well, but the actual shields will usually be much more powerful.
Edit: I'm still playing around with the distribution of the die faces. Currently, blocking all damage is too common, so I'm probably going to make a few adjustments. Either way, this is the general idea. Each die has a different feel. White is pretty universal, blue gives reliable protection but no special actions, green is good for counterattacks, pink is sort of a weak defense, but has a chance of special actions, black is similar to white, but with some risk involved, and yellow gives some defense, but is ultimately very risky.
There is also going to be a reference sheet for how to resolve different combinations of shield die rolls. Like if you roll a scythe and a star shield at the same time for example.

here are the Pics

Offline RichterBelmont12

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 04:13:23 PM »
The New Expansion - The Morning Sun has Vanquished the Horrible Night Has finished and ported over to Tabletop Simulator

Click here for the Changes in this Version

(click to show/hide)

Screenshots

If you have Tabletop Simulator go ahead and check it out or you can check out his website if you print and play the game

HAPPY HUNTING AND A THANKSGIVING TOO!!

Offline RichterBelmont12

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 06:17:07 PM »
I have some Grave news for everyone..Castlevania: Nocturne of the Tabletop no longer exist...The creator Brandon McCool got an Email from Konami sending him a cease and desist and everything is gone sadly :(. Here is what he posted.

"Well, sad news, everyone. After all this time, I've finally managed to reach Konami, or, rather, they reached me. I received an email from their legal dept. last night asking me to take down the game, and I have no choice but to do so immediately. I appreciate all the support you've shown me over the years, and I'm sorry it has to end this way.

Please follow Roxy Games https://www.facebook.com/RoxyGamesUSA/ for updates on some future games my wife and I have been working on. (Not using unlicensed IP anymore, I've learned my lesson) The page is currently blank because I wasn't expecting this so suddenly and we aren't quite prepared yet, but in a few months when we have some info to share on our upcoming games, I hope to see some of you again!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for playing this game. I know I've said this many times before, but I just made this thing for myself 5 years ago, I never expected even my friends to want to play it, let alone people all over the world. You guys have kept me engaged and inspired me to do so much over the past 3-4 years, I wish I could have continued expanding on it, but I always had a feeling it would come to this eventually. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you.

❤️ Brandon McCool"

Sad day for all of us who played the boardgame.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 08:27:22 PM »
It's disturbing to me that Konami would go after a fan made CV board game now after it's already been out 4 years.

This is sad news.

It's also a sign for anyone working on a CV fan project to be very cautious these days.
The worst monsters are human.

anything