Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Co-op Metroidvania Indie Game  (Read 7756 times)

Offline NickRidgway

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (PS3/X360)
« on: June 01, 2013, 07:42:36 PM »
+2
Hi, I am making a cooperative "Metroidvania" type of Indie Game.

Endica VII - The Dream King
(link edited by moderation ;) )

You can find more details in the link above, but the game will be coming to multiple platforms including Ouya and hopefully Steam by the end of the year if we meet our goal! The footage is still very early alpha, so try not to be too harsh on the visuals because it's all subject to change! I'm making the game almost entirely by myself right now, and this is my first time in the business! If you are able and willing, I could really use all of the help you can give!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 01:01:56 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 08:39:55 PM »
The hotlink target is encased in quote marks, rendering it invalid. You might want to fix that.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:43:15 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 12:00:08 AM »
Yeah, the quotes messed it up. Still, I copy and pasted the link and got to the kickstarter OK.

From the looks of it, this project does have a few positive aspects...it's good you've set a modest funding goal, because you're already more than halfway there; within 28 days you're likely to far exceed it. However, the graphical style reminds me of Megaman more than Metroidvania, though I do understand it's an alpha...

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline NickRidgway

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 04:06:22 PM »
+1
Cool! I really do appreciate the feedback, and for taking it easy on me since I am just getting started! So, you are correct, hopefully the visuals see an upgrade before the game is complete! I will also try to give the sequels a more castlevania look for sure. The Mega Man style matches this one because this entry is for all ages, and kind of acts like "The Hobbit" does in terms of story, as in it is just a small part of a much bigger picture. Whenever the story advances further and the series gets older, the graphics should mature as well. :D

Anyway, thanks for being so understanding! I wasn't sure if it was okay to post this thread here.
There will be a demo up on June 6th! It will feature Co-op and Versus Modes!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 07:39:57 AM »
+2
I dig the multiplayer and I dig that it's almost MegaMan-ish in its spritework, yet it's Metroidvania.  That's a trifecta right there.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 03:57:19 PM »
Forgive the crude vulgarity, but in my current state of mind I believe this image sums up how I feel:
(click to show/hide)
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 08:00:36 PM »
I am OFFENDED by that picture, Phoenix!

A girl swimming with a top on is a travesty and insult to our dear Lord who made the female body a beautiful sight to behold as part of his grand scheme! To cover it up is a damning act of sacrilege!
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline NickRidgway

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 02:12:15 AM »

Offline NickRidgway

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 09:06:54 PM »
Hey guys, I just launched our Steam Greenlight page, and it's really important that we get as many yes votes, followers, and comments as possible! You can check it out at the following url, thank you so much for your support!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=172529342

Just a recap of the game, it is a 4-Player Cooperative and Versus "Metroidvania" Action RPG! :D
It is still early alpha but it's going to get a lot better soon! A new demo will be available in September!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 09:57:18 PM »
Just a recap of the game, it is a 4-Player Cooperative and Versus "Metroidvania" Action RPG! :D
It is still early alpha but it's going to get a lot better soon! A new demo will be available in September!

Lets do math: Its already really good + it's going to get a lot better = ...

For real, it will be awesome.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 03:10:24 AM »
Huh, wish I knew about it earlier... but i rarely go to off topic. Thought something like this would be in fan or hardcore gaming.

Question, how'd you go from 14k to the amount you asked for? I saw the previous kickstarter. Did you just make progress so you needed less? or did you lower your goals?

Offline NickRidgway

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 12:37:20 PM »
Yeah, I had to launch it once again with a lower goal of $1400. We're also going to do an Indiegogo in a couple of months. I'm basically doing the entire game myself right now, and we just went public recently so the initial fundraisers didn't fair too well, but at least now our following is gaining momentum! :D Our Indiegogo should do a lot better in a couple of months!

Offline NickRidgway

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 05:08:38 AM »
I finally finished it!

It might take a bit of time to load at first, but I'm working on a patch soon to fix it!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/343150/

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 01:38:23 PM »
Holy shit man! I'm gonna have to check this out!
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 07:49:35 PM »
Now I'm felling lucky to return at the right time to this place. ;D
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything