Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Are they ever going to make a CV that directly adapts Bram Stoker's novel?  (Read 2645 times)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
I know we have Bloodlines sort of adapting the novel retroactively. But I want a game where we play as rootin tootin shootin Quincey Morris
(click to show/hide)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
(click to show/hide)

Well that was the case with Bloodlines' John Morris in terms of the whip. To our knowledge Quincy never used the whip. Like, at all. All he had on him was his Lever-action Winchester (or Henry Repeater, depending) and his big Bowie knife. If anything Quincy never had the chance to tell his son about the dangers of using it since he died while his son was only 2 years old so John himself would never know either. A terrible secret that was taken to the grave. If a game was to be made where Quincy was the star then he would probably be using a combination of switching between his rifle and knife. And they could be powered up like what we see with both the whip and Eric's spear. I think it would be the only time where a blooded Belmont descendant doesn't use the vampirekiller. I'm not against Quincy using the vampirekiller whip but it just was never a thing in Bram Stoker's Dracula. You'd think he would have a whip at his side considering that he's a Texan and all that other cowboy stuff. But yeah; nothing in the 1992 movie (any Dracula movie adaption) nor the books ever indicated that he had a whip on him. If he did have a whip on him then it would be incentive enough to say (for a CV game based on the novel) that it was the vampirekiller.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
Re: Are they ever going to make a CV that directly adapts Bram Stoker's novel?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 01:52:17 PM »
Dat bowie knife tho.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 11:58:52 PM »
Yup. Now that's a knoife  8)

Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 03:14:48 PM »
where do I buy one of those

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 11:56:00 PM »
I know we have Bloodlines sort of adapting the novel retroactively. But I want a game where we play as rootin tootin shootin Quincey Morris
(click to show/hide)

Would be pretty cool. AFAIK we know effectively nothing about that episode and the one time they touch on it, Wind goes on a tangent and never answers the question.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 11:35:34 AM »
AFAIK we know effectively nothing about that episode and the one time they touch on it, Wind goes on a tangent and never answers the question.

I hated that part of the game. I chalk it up to two things: bad writing or bad translation. Seriously? 'Your Grandfather was exceptionally strong, but kind.' That does not answer Jonathan's question. This response made absolutely no logical sense what-so-ever. I hope someone can translate the Japanese script so we can see whether or not it was just bad writing or bad translation.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2021, 11:43:03 PM »
I hated that part of the game. I chalk it up to two things: bad writing or bad translation. Seriously? 'Your Grandfather was exceptionally strong, but kind.' That does not answer Jonathan's question. This response made absolutely no logical sense what-so-ever. I hope someone can translate the Japanese script so we can see whether or not it was just bad writing or bad translation.

It was not a translation issue, Wind says the same thing in JP. I have a gut feeling they were trying to avoid saying stuff that would stiffle creativity when they got to that bridge. Anything Wind said would open many questions with no answers coming anytime soon. I'd like a better answer too, still...
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2021, 11:25:57 PM »
Yeah, same here. But a little late in the game now.

Tags: