Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: For Sale/For Trade Thread!  (Read 242776 times)

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2012, 04:40:33 PM »
yes to my knowledge there are no official wall scrolls at all..

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2012, 06:16:45 PM »
Oh, I see. Do you think I should pursue with one or try to look for an actual poster? I'm easy either way. However, it seems the posters are a little more spendy.

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2012, 07:08:22 PM »
well it depends on your will of collecting. the original posters are always pretty expensive, but they are original  and therefore of supreme quality print.
I'd personally never buy anything unofficial.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2012, 10:48:23 PM »
yes to my knowledge there are no official wall scrolls at all..

There are some official ones, just not very many. The official wallscrolls are produced by Great Eastern Animation. You can tell which ones they are because they have the Castlevania logo and Konami's copyright info on the bottom.

The only official ones I've seen so far are two LoS ones, an Order of Ecclesia one, and the Curse of Darkness cover art. I wish they'd start making some more.

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2012, 01:00:42 PM »
Yeah, that photo's just like the one I have at home (although I looked at that seller's feedback and it seems like they might sell bootlegged items too).

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline HunterB

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2012, 07:47:10 AM »
Here are the remaining items.

Castlevania curse of darkness Japanese promo cover

that promo item looks kinda cool=0 how much do you want for it?

Offline Sir Trancelot

• Awards
wall scrolls *and*...
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2012, 08:51:50 PM »
There are higher quality Castlevania wall scrolls out there that I've seen over the years. The highest quality ones I have seen are produced with what's known as "India ink". The result is blacker blacks and generally deeper more vivid colors. Other wall scrolls don't use this ink, and so they are lesser quality. But...judge for yourself. Just sayin'...there are a few Rondo of Blood wall scrolls out there that look way better than others in the right light. ;)

P.S. Check out my eBay auction for a factory sealed SotN Tiger handheld: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261009105195

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2012, 05:14:56 AM »
+1
You're asking way too much for that handheld, despite it being sealed. Trust me.

Why are people trying to sell such items for waaay more then they're worth nowadays? It's ridiculous.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2012, 05:58:41 AM »
+2
They do it for the cash money.

:D

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2012, 08:00:15 AM »
+1
gotta love the 59.99$ international shipping option :B

Offline Sir Trancelot

• Awards
Sealed SotN Tiger Handheld on eBay
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2012, 11:42:08 AM »
It's all justified everyone, don't get your whip in a knot.

Loose units have sold for $300-$500 on eBay over the past couple years, and one sold for $500 can still be seen in the Completed Auctions listings. My sealed version is a bargain, comparatively. And I know there are huge Castlevania fans out there willing to pay my asking price.

The express international postage of $59.99 is pretty fair, considering domestic express postage costs at least $30 these days. Keep in mind there's also a $9.99 priority mail option.. :)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2012, 02:27:26 PM »
Bargain? Hah! Please, don't make me chuckle.

I paid no more than $300 for each of these, all within the last 5 years. Those people that are trying to get at least $500+ for a loose and/or sealed unit really don't know what they're talking about and should re-evaluate their asking price. For those that have paid over $300-$500 for a loose and/or sealed unit, then the jokes on them, because it's just not worth that much. People aren't willing to spend close to a thousand dollars on a single unit, that's why I say your asking price is ridiculous. I'm just making sure that none of my fellow Dungeonites are that gullible to pay your asking price (no offense), because I'm qualified to know what they're REALLY worth.

Someone else on ebay is selling a sealed Simon's Quest handheld for $900, and then there's that SotN card signed by Ms. Kojima with a asking price of 12 grand. What the hell's wrong with these people, seriously?

Good luck anyway  ;)

Offline Sir Trancelot

• Awards
Re: For Sale/For Trade Thread!
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2012, 07:32:54 PM »
Why are you trying to show me up? You should be trying to support a fellow Castlevania fan. Geez.

Well good job acquiring all of those. However, my pricing logic is justified. I do know what I'm talking about, and I'm not making anything up! The general rule is people pay more for something new than something used. I'm certain you could get more $$$ than for a used copy if you attempted to sell yours on eBay too. I know I would if I had that many..

I guess the only way we'll find out is when (not if) mine sells. Good job boasting though.

As for those other 2 Castlevania items you mentioned, can't really say anything about them until they've been sold. Then a history will be provided of how much someone is willing to pay.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:38:53 PM by Sir Trancelot »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2012, 10:12:38 PM »
I also think that price is way too high. This has been an annoying trend with Castlevania stuff on ebay lately. I just have to shake my head and move along when I see stuff like this.

anything