Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania collection  (Read 149516 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 10:36:31 PM »
Okay...I figured I'd post my collection since it's grown quite a bit since last time (the one I posted in the Video Games Collection thread, actually). And I actually bought some boxed copies of things I already owned, and kept the loose ones as playable copies. Anyway, here goes...

Just a shot of the standard stuff, in one pile.

Mostly accessories I bought at a place down the street, and a few flyers.

That's the music box down to the right. Friggin' glare. I suck at taking pictures. Also...I miss the days when Konami arcade flyers all had moderately attractive 80's women in them.

This includes the second Simon's Quest handheld. The only reason I have an extra is because this one came with the booklet (and it was only $15). I see these all the friggin' time on ebay now. Saw a sealed one of these and a sealed SotN, too! Had Paypal funds for neither at the time. Fuck.  :-\

This just about rounds out the rest of the guides. Got them all really cheaply from the amazon marketplace, especially the unauthorized SotN one ($1). I may start trying to get all of the unauthorized Symphony guides, since they're dirt cheap and hilariously ugly. Just a crazy curiosity to me.

Please note the Nintendo Power Issue #2 in the bottom corner, in shitty condition. I found this in a chest with a bunch of old gaming mags when my dad was selling his house. I just wish I could go back in time and kick my little ass before I stuck stickers all over the damn thing. The cover page is barely attached, too. I'm kind of embarrassed to show this thing, actually. 

My Castlevania II Famicom discs are probably my favorite things in my collection (mostly because of the cards). I got both of these from the same seller on ebay, one after another...I was hoping he had all 6 cards, but he stopped selling any more after I bought the two.  :-\ The FDS packages are awesome...probably my favorite game packaging, with the little manuals, jewel case, etc. And the Akumajo Dracula Perfect guide is probably my second favorite. The tiny guides are just awesome.

My copy of Rondo (with obi!! lolz) is probably the item I paid the most for. I shudder to think what I'll have to put down to get SNES Dracula X.  :'(

I never had even thought of looking for the Vs. arcade marquee until I saw Crisis' collection.  :-[ This is another one of my favorites, especially since I have a weak spot for arcade games...might even pick up a Double Dragon marquee down the road...

Boring figures.

Wallscrolls in the computer room. I didn't even know there were any licensed ones until last year. Speaking of which...

I only have the two on the sides up until some more official ones come out. These were bought when I didn't really think about the whole licensing thing (at least with wallscrolls) and didn't really know any better. I just wished Konami would license an official Chronicles scroll (like the one on the left), because it's one of my favorite pieces of art in the series, and I wouldn't have to cry when I end up taking the fake one down.  :P

I know it could be considered a bit pathetic to keep Castlevania clippings from old gaming mags (especially Gamepro), but awww, what the hell. I'm no Ashton Kutcher.

If you want a badly-clipped Drac X ad, just ask!  :P

Fear does have an address, and it's down on 50th street, where an old fat guy sits outside and paints his toenails after some light tumbling.  :D

...aaand that's it. I do have a few more things coming in the mail, which I may post when they get here.   

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:53:40 PM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 12:08:25 AM »
Your collection is awesome!

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 11:10:18 AM »
very nice! is the sotn ad in the last image promo display or magazine ad pages?

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 01:02:55 PM »
Thanks, guys! The SotN ad is from either one of my old Gamepro or EGM magazines.

And I just thought to check my Nintendo Power magazines to see if I have that Dracula's Curse fold-out poster (Volume 14)...nope. Damn. Used to have it, but it's one of the few that disappeared.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2012, 08:08:03 PM »
I want your collection, lol I wonder how much the entire collection would be appraised at, hmm
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2012, 04:28:32 AM »
That's a tough one...I'd say about 5 bucks. Maybe $5.50.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2012, 09:00:50 AM »
I don't have any pictures but this is my collection so far:

Lament of Innocence (PAL)
The Dracula X Chronicles (PAL)
Castlevania Chronicles (US) (download)
Curse of Darkness (PAL)
Lords of Shadow (PAL)
Lords of Shadow promo t-shirt (European edition)
Curse of Darkness mug
Curse of Darkness/Lament of Innocence promo poster (Japanese)
Curse of Darkness manga Vol. 1 +2 
Pachislot promo material

I'm also expecting the Special Edition from Lament soon.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:37:07 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2012, 11:54:09 AM »
Castlevania 1
Castlevania 2
Castlevania 3
(Originally I was going to swap all 3 game cart cases with 3 Gold Zelda cases and revamp the lables making them a custom collectors edition)

Castlvania 64
Castlevania Legacy of Darkness

Curse of darkness
Lament of innocence.
Curse of Darkness (xbox)

The Castlevania Adventure
Castlevania Circle of the moon
Castlevania double pack
Dawn of Sorrow
Portrait of ruin
Order of Ecclasia
Dracula X Chronicles

Lords of Shadow Collectors edition (with Cross T shirt) and bonus music disk.
Castlevania Judgment

Castlevania Curse of Darkness Manga books 1 and 2

if digital paid for copies Virtual console/ Xbox live count:
CV1
CV2
CV3
SCV4
HoD
SOTN
Rondo of blood

SOTN dracula figure, mouth closed version (ironicly sitting next to Arcuid Brunstud, and Moka Akashiya, and Megatron)

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:18:30 PM by Omegasigma »
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2012, 03:54:24 PM »
I just wished Konami would license an official Chronicles scroll (like the one on the left), because it's one of my favorite pieces of art in the series, and I wouldn't have to cry when I end up taking the fake one down.  :P

a scroll was never released, but you know konami did release an official japanese promo poster of that very art piece. I can show it later=)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2012, 05:32:46 AM »
Question for the experts:

I just received Lament of Innocence Limited Edition (not the Special Edition, mind you). The Castlevania lore says it comes with a Sonim poster but it doesn't appear to be included. I think that might be an error, and that the poster comes with the Special Edition, but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm this?       

edit: lol got the two mixed up
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:41:47 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2012, 05:49:17 AM »
Question for the experts:

I just received Lament of Innocence Limited Edition (not the Special Edition, mind you). The Castlevania lore says it comes with a Sonim poster but it doesn't appear to be included. I think that might be an error, and that the poster comes with the Special Edition, but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm this?       

edit: lol got the two mixed up
Sonim poster is early reservation bonus. It is not always attached to all limited editions.
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2012, 09:40:04 AM »
Quote from: Omegasigma
(Originally I was going to swap all 3 game cart cases with 3 Gold Zelda cases and revamp the lables making them a custom collectors edition)
I had the same idea, though I've applied it to some other games lol,

These are some excellent collections, guys! I need to reorganize and catalogue my own, since everything's sealed in a giant container in my closet, and it's just a mess (sotn handhelds everywhere, autographed items crushed underneath game cases & perhaps some peanut butter smeared in between promo items/cds u know how that goes) However I managed to take some more pics of my CV statues,

im contemplating on if i should formulate a richter belmont statue...

@Nagumo,
I'd love to see some photos of your stuff!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 09:48:18 AM by Crisis »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2012, 01:19:27 AM »
@Nagumo,
I'd love to see some photos of your stuff!

Perhaps when I fully complete my LoI collection...

:D

Offline flickyducky101

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania collection
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2012, 06:40:42 AM »
excellent stuff.. hours of entertainment!

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2012, 10:48:01 PM »
Got some more Castlevania poop these last few months:

I finally got Vampire Killer...I've been wanting this one for a while now. And the regular 360 version of LoS was on sale when I was buying cables on Newegg, so I figured what the hell. I don't think I'll be buying any other versions of this game from here on, unless I find a Japanese version for a good price. Even still, I'm a bit hesitant to get any more LoS stuff because that's Paypal money I could've used toward the classic stuff. Or something.

I love Japanese guides. I had to get the Dracula XX one because I've always loved the cover art. And I had to get the CV3 one because I love the game. I'm actually planning on finding a copy of the game soon. And then an AV Famicom down the road...

Some promotional stuff for LoS and Castlevania Arcade. I saw both of these for cheap on ebay and decided to get them. And the glare wins once again.

...and here's something that came with my copy of Vampire Killer:

...and the back:

I have no idea what this is. The seller kind of just nonchalantly included this in the pictures and said nothing about it in the item description. I tried Googling this several times before the item arrived and couldn't find a damn thing. Anyone have any clue?? I may just have to ask the seller and see what the story behind this card is.

(Also, I didn't know what the hell I AM THE MEIJIN means, but I am totally using that as my custom title.)

EDIT: Fixed the orientation of a few of these. Imageshack is screwy like that, I guess?

Also, I saw a sealed cardboard promotional display of Legacy of Darkness on ebay that I bid on, but it ended up selling for like $150. I didn't have enough paypal funds to bid any higher. Man, that one hurt.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:06:11 PM by JR »