Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274248 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2012, 09:29:20 AM »
I am sure Warmachine won't mind me posting this sneak peak on this thread:

No problem at all dude!  Thanks for the kick ass cover dude!  Hey guys, just wanted to drop a line and let everyone know that the project is still running strong and is coming together beautifully!  Im up to the Castle Courtyard now, its about 3 frames from being wrapped up.  As i mentioned earlier in the thread, once i get everything finished i will be completely redoing the village stage and going back and adding more elements to the other levels as well.  Once this is worked out i will be focusing on finishing up the OST (and remastering where and if needed) and then i'll start adding the enemies/bosses and extra characters.  Also, i have decided to ditch the SOTN version of Trevor only for another custom version that im sure everyone will like much better and since there are a few versions of Drac's Curse floating around it seemed like the best course to take.  Anyways lol, this weekend i will be making a compilation vid of the progress thus far and if i cant hook you guys up this weekend i will definitely hook you up monday morning.  In the meantime, here's my take of Deja Vu that i recorded last night, hope you guys dig it!  8)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hdvat1l283yp7r/Deja%20Vu.mp3

But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2012, 12:13:59 PM »
Good remix. you even added some new things to the music :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2012, 12:23:42 AM »
That's one hell of a remix. Adding that DXC variation was just icing on the cake. Rock on.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2012, 04:22:41 AM »
Thanks for the support guys, cause i definitely need it.....as of saturday morning my hard drive crashed!!!!  ??? And before people start slamming, NO i didnt have it backed up, shame on me, shame on me, it sucks enough as it is that i lost it so lets not add insult to injury.  What's weird is that my hdd shows up as RAW and is read only and i still have space taken up on it so i know my files are still there.  I've tried literally EVERYTHING over the weekend with no luck so im gonna ask some IT buddies i have here at work to take a look for me.  I REALLY dont want to start this over from scratch again but i may end up with no choice.  I'll keep you guys posted and thanks again for the support!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2012, 04:39:02 AM »
That sucks, I wish you to be lucky with these IT (What is IT?) buddies.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2012, 05:03:47 AM »
Thanks man, I.T means "information technology".  They are the computer gurus here at work but honestly there are a few that i could take their place and then some lol. Im a team leader now but i wouldn't mind taking a pay increase and jumping on IT department lol.  I've helped more people with their computers than they have.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2012, 05:38:37 PM »
In the meantime, here's my take of Deja Vu that i recorded last night, hope you guys dig it!  8)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hdvat1l283yp7r/Deja%20Vu.mp3
Awesomely hardcore as always, but how do you plan to loop it after the DXC bit? It kinda just...stops there.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2012, 04:07:25 AM »
Awesomely hardcore as always, but how do you plan to loop it after the DXC bit? It kinda just...stops there.
Thanks dude  8) When i use it in game i will be having it start back up either from the main Vampire Killer part just after the intro then loop the entire thing or just loop it from the start.  Either way, that chop off wont be heard in game lol.  That was just a clean chop off point for me in the recording so i can play with the loop later.  Thanks for the props dude.  No news on the data recovery yet, im going to give it a few days and if i cant access it or get help with it i may send it to geek squad.  If worse case scenario i have to restart i will just pick it back up after that.  Im not discouraged to just give up guys, it will REALLY suck because i've been working on this for a few months extremely hard but the good thing is if i do have to start over at least i know how i want to lay out my stages and how the engine works....good thing i still have the first stage saved on my internal hdd haha, at least i can use it for my starting point again.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2012, 04:54:31 AM »
Ok guys, time for and update (or....something like that lol).  I've been fighting with getting my external HDD fixed but since i dont have any cash or at least enough that is being asked online, im starting from the ground up again.  I started working on the first stage late last night and have just redone my stair system.  Since i remember for the most part how i had everything coded im aiming for simplicity this time so that it speeds things along as quickly as possible.  Along the way though, i will be taking everyone's input from the previous posts and implementing them as needed, such as a new life bar/HUD (which i worked on yesterday as well).  Im not out of it yet duders!  It sucks that i have to start from the beginning again, but im not giving up and will do as i did before and work my hardest to give you guys the best Dracula's Curse revamp you could ask for!  On a side note, EVERY SINGLE STAGE that gets completed is getting backed up on disk, flash drive and online storage just in case i get a stroke of bad luck again!  lol sucks pretty bad because i was halfway finished with the castle courtyard stage and the finish line was in sight....oh well, its done, its over with, now its time to get busy again!  I'll get back at you guys with some more updates.  8)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2012, 05:17:49 AM »
Nice to see that you're not giving up despite the fact that you had to restart from way back. If it'll cheer you up even more, the ever elusive Whip Rush!! doujin album is now up for grabs. Sadly, it's just the first one.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2012, 05:31:57 AM »
+1
Thanks for the props dude, and i'd check that out but my work has a better than gay internet filter lol.  I'll have to check it out later.  While on topic of that tho, im jumping onboard for the new vampire variations this year and i will be remixing Red Dawn from DXC.  If im not working on a game, my music, the band or with my family im ALWAYS cranking out some Castlevania tunes.  There's nothing cooler in the world to me than making Castlevania music metal lol  ;D

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2012, 06:40:35 AM »
Lemme guess, the filter blocks web-based proxies.
Also, a metal remix of Red Dawn? That'd be pretty interesting.
^^

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2012, 06:54:56 AM »
+1
Seriously, why every project like this always gets to be deleted due to hdd damage? I can't even count...

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2012, 06:55:52 AM »
Lemme guess, the filter blocks web-based proxies.
Also, a metal remix of Red Dawn? That'd be pretty interesting.
Yessir, it blows lol.  But now that i have a little down time here im going to start working on the game some lol. Sometimes it pays to be a boss hahaha.

Tags:

anything