Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274071 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2012, 12:18:59 PM »
Good to hear that :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2013, 12:41:47 PM »
+1
Hey guys! sorry its been so long, as usual life has been in the way again lol. i've got an update for ya! here is a rough vid of some of the progress ive made :-) hope you guys like it! lets get this thread popping again dudes!!!

http://db.tt/pqufhmkG
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2013, 01:05:45 PM »
Great work, one of the best home made games that i have seen. There are some bugs, but i'm sure that you will eliminate them and deliver us a great game. ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2013, 01:17:11 PM »
Thanks man! That means a lot to hear that dude, especially with all of the great fan cv games out there :) sorry for being DOA for a bit lol, my band has gotten very busy the last few months so any free time i had i poured into the game. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted with the progress!  as of now i have to finish up the cliffside entrance, then i have the last 2 stages and the overall stages will be completed. i just have to slap another coat of polish on a few here and there and then i will start working on finishing up Alucard and the other characters then im coding the enemies. thanks again dude! :)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2013, 03:06:26 PM »
Where did you found these statues at 7:00?

The game looks cool as ever.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2013, 04:10:08 PM »
haha thats a secret! lol j/k. they came from a few places. the fountain came from olrox's quaters, the two upper outside statues came from the same i believe (at least SOTN cant remember did it a while back lol) and the two on the bottom came from the minotaur room on Rondo of blood. glad you like it man! :)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2013, 05:29:01 PM »
I must say, while it could use some refinements (particularly some of Trevor's animations and certain stage elements that stand out a little too much), it looks pretty good for a first look. The custom lifebar was pretty nifty too.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2013, 05:45:51 PM »
thanks for the words vlad, and the input! lol yeah the main animation that needs fixed is his stair animation when goimg down stairs. but ill take all the input i can get, what the elements that stood out to you? i may already know lol, its in its beta for sure, just wanted to let you guys know i havent given up ;)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »
There were some thing that looked too bright, particularly some gears and those skewered corpses that were used for rotating platforms.
Also, Trevor's upwards whipping looked a little awkward, and the torso being static while the legs are animated in the idle stance looked off as well.
Pardon the slight nitpickism, CyberDragon from Serio's board kinda rubbed it off on me.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:48:09 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2013, 05:37:58 AM »
hey dude no problem! ill take all the input i can get, positive or negative :) im not as emotional as some, any input i can to make the game better i will do my best to make that happen! this a game for all the fans so realistically anyone making their own cv game should be thankful and open to any insights.  good eye on the gears vlad, that is on my list dude lol, just a minor detail to put under the rug until i fine tune everything later. ;)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2013, 08:48:02 AM »
You should fix these stairs too when you have free time, some of them have more length than needed and pops out of the floor. But you are doing a great job, its not everyone that can be so creative in stage designs like that, they are beautiful.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2013, 09:54:33 AM »
You should fix these stairs too when you have free time, some of them have more length than needed and pops out of the floor. But you are doing a great job, its not everyone that can be so creative in stage designs like that, they are beautiful.
Thanks! Yeah the stairs need their tweaking lol, that was one of the hardest things to get coded right.  About 5-6 stages in i found a way to make them work smoother, mainly due to the size.  That's why you see some that look like they are too high up (through the floor) and others seem dead on.  Another small detail to fix in the bug log.  And if i can get the right assistance, i've got a nice CV4 exclusive action that i want to implement as well (hint: involves the bat anchors :) )

Offline julianbelmontxx1

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2013, 10:05:30 AM »
bat anchors? you want to implement the whip grappling ability?

BTW; i like the way you remade the CVIII stages, my favourites are clock tower, the rising tower, the alucard catacomb, and the courtyard(i would like to see the 3 last stages when you got them finished.)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2013, 11:00:48 AM »
Ding ding ding that is correct! lol yeah i'd LOVE to incorporate it, coding that seems to be one of the best kept secrets for some reason lol. hopefully i can get it figured out. im glad you dig the stages! :) i will definitely extend the vid or even remake it when i get the last 3 done. thanks for the support!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2013, 10:41:24 PM »
Wow BC Warmachine,Very nice job! Must say i'm loving the video especially the moat bridge! You did a tremendous job on it! Digging alucard's cave with the light system following trevor. Very nice concept on that! Definetly diggin' that soundtrack too!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Tags:

anything