Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274426 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #210 on: July 29, 2013, 04:49:48 AM »
So much for making sure it fits in with the other sprites in the game, especially the other heroes like Trevor.
Dude, i think they look great!  I see zero issues with anything Kaonstantine has put out thus far.  I can't wait to throw Sypha in there and test her out  8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: July 29, 2013, 07:26:25 AM »
While it looks pretty awesome, the number of frames used, in conjunction with the speed of the walk, might be clashing with the Trevor sprites, so I kinda get what UZO is saying.

I am guessing the speed of the walk will be a lot faster in-game, but that might make the walk look a little funny since it appears to have been designed as an leisurely walk, rather than a brisk-paced battle walk.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #212 on: July 29, 2013, 06:12:18 PM »
I don't see any issue. Alucard sprite clashed with Richter sprite in SotN. Also, is always possible to delete 'undesired' frames from the .gif if you want a lower frame count. 

Due to my lack of ability, I'm having a hard time designing the inventory menu & inventory system for my project. Maybe i can finish the attack sprite around thursday... i hope. I'm pretty interested in watching Sypha in the game too.

Thanks.

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2013, 08:37:08 PM »
I don't see any issue. Alucard sprite clashed with Richter sprite in SotN. Also, is always possible to delete 'undesired' frames from the .gif if you want a lower frame count. 

Due to my lack of ability, I'm having a hard time designing the inventory menu & inventory system for my project. Maybe i can finish the attack sprite around thursday... i hope. I'm pretty interested in watching Sypha in the game too.

Thanks.
Why don't you ask BMC_Warmachine to help you with your inventory menu. He's good at that type of deal.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: July 31, 2013, 04:33:03 AM »
+1
Kaonstantine nailed it, the different characters are going to clash, there's just no getting around it.  Like Kaonstantine said, Alucard's sprites in SOTN dwarfed Trevor's, Sypha's and Grant's sprites but IMO they didn't distract me, i still had a blast  8) And darkman's right, PM me about some of the issues you are having and particularly the software you are using to build your game with and i'll see if i can help  ;D And btw, the attack animations? YES!!! that would be awesome!   8) thanks again for your hard work kaonstantine!

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2013, 12:26:13 AM »
Why don't you ask BMC_Warmachine to help you with your inventory menu. He's good at that type of deal.
Kaonstantine nailed it, the different characters are going to clash, there's just no getting around it.  Like Kaonstantine said, Alucard's sprites in SOTN dwarfed Trevor's, Sypha's and Grant's sprites but IMO they didn't distract me, i still had a blast  8) And darkman's right, PM me about some of the issues you are having and particularly the software you are using to build your game with and i'll see if i can help  ;D And btw, the attack animations? YES!!! that would be awesome!   8) thanks again for your hard work kaonstantine!

Thank you. The problems i'm facing are more about interface design than coding. I'm using Game Maker, and despite this is my first inventory i feel i understand what i need to do to implement it. If my code fail and i can't get it to work, I'll PM you, War machine, Thanks.  8)

Changing the subject, this is the attack sprite for Sypha. The staff has no details, i only used one color on it to see the gesture. There are a lot of ways to perform a melee attack, so i'm sure this is different from what most of the people here was thinking.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2013, 12:46:21 AM »
Feels a bit slow and...weak, IMO. Needs to be...harder, so to speak.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2013, 01:16:26 AM »
Alucard is the only one that runs and she is going to be the weak in strength strong in magic styled character

I have no idea about the speed BMC is going to use in his game, but that's easy to adjust.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: August 02, 2013, 07:36:00 AM »
I have no idea about the speed BMC is going to use in his game, but that's easy to adjust.
Dude, as usual you continue to impress! (at least me!  :P ) don't worry about the speed at all dude, i can adjust that as i need to so no biggie there.  Would you mind if i added some things to the animation?  Like maybe a trail from the swing and maybe some light effects?  That's the only thing i'd change about it dude, i think it looks great and you as always are doing an amazing job dude!!!  ;D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: August 02, 2013, 09:57:14 AM »
Oh man, nice! I'm once again seeing an Arcade Sypha in the making! Why not just do a CV III arcade game? After making all the Sypha sprites, do the same with the others too. That way they'll all fit together. And don't forget to add those hardcore arcade sounds as well. Seriously dude, this is looking more and more like an arcade title so why not go in that direction? I'm willing to pay in quarters too.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: August 02, 2013, 01:51:04 PM »
Dude, as usual you continue to impress! (at least me!  :P ) don't worry about the speed at all dude, i can adjust that as i need to so no biggie there.  Would you mind if i added some things to the animation?  Like maybe a trail from the swing and maybe some light effects?  That's the only thing i'd change about it dude, i think it looks great and you as always are doing an amazing job dude!!!  ;D

Thanks BMC. Feel free to edit the sprite as you like.

Oh man, nice! I'm once again seeing an Arcade Sypha in the making! Why not just do a CV III arcade game? After making all the Sypha sprites, do the same with the others too. That way they'll all fit together. And don't forget to add those hardcore arcade sounds as well. Seriously dude, this is looking more and more like an arcade title so why not go in that direction? I'm willing to pay in quarters too.

Not a bad idea, but it requires hundred of hours of sprite work. I guess it would be easier to make that kind of game using 3D models. I'd like to have more time to experiment with new ideas and games but currently i'm investing most of my free time in my project (which my gf hates  ;D). But thanks for your words The arcade look is not intentional. Maybe i spent too much time playing arcade games on my childhood  ;D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 01:56:00 PM by kaonstantine »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #221 on: August 02, 2013, 04:52:40 PM »
We've seriously thought about a arcade CV III game in a past topic, it was a very good discussion.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2013, 06:09:15 PM »
Thanks BMC. Feel free to edit the sprite as you like.

Not a bad idea, but it requires hundred of hours of sprite work. I guess it would be easier to make that kind of game using 3D models. I'd like to have more time to experiment with new ideas and games but currently i'm investing most of my free time in my project (which my gf hates  ;D). But thanks for your words The arcade look is not intentional. Maybe i spent too much time playing arcade games on my childhood  ;D

Are you familiar with any 3D Art Kaonstantine? I'm a 3D artist myself and you mentioned it.

As for the new sprite for some reason, this looks more like a second animation attack. Like for a combo. I actually was imaging her primary hit would be stronger. I think you should make it more akin to the original attack. This does look fantastic, but if you notice even in the loop animation something is not looking as fluid as it should be....
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 06:16:06 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: August 04, 2013, 02:41:02 AM »
Are you familiar with any 3D Art Kaonstantine? I'm a 3D artist myself and you mentioned it.

As for the new sprite for some reason, this looks more like a second animation attack. Like for a combo. I actually was imaging her primary hit would be stronger. I think you should make it more akin to the original attack. This does look fantastic, but if you notice even in the loop animation something is not looking as fluid as it should be....

You are right, darkmanx That's the reason I mentioned there are many ways to do a melee attack. One thing I don't like from my sprite is that the range is very short. I rejected the idea of sypha holding the staff like a baseball bat. I may be wrong, but i guess BMC prefers a "fast" simple attack over a slow/strong attack taking too much time to hit enemies (BMC, please provide information). ¿Can you give more detail on how do you imagine the attack, darkmanx?

About 3D, I only know the very basics of 3d modeling and uv mapping/texturing. Damn, i even have forgotten how to rig a model. I do really need training in 3D skills.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: August 04, 2013, 12:13:02 PM »
You are right, darkmanx That's the reason I mentioned there are many ways to do a melee attack. One thing I don't like from my sprite is that the range is very short. I rejected the idea of sypha holding the staff like a baseball bat. I may be wrong, but i guess BMC prefers a "fast" simple attack over a slow/strong attack taking too much time to hit enemies (BMC, please provide information). ¿Can you give more detail on how do you imagine the attack, darkmanx?

About 3D, I only know the very basics of 3d modeling and uv mapping/texturing. Damn, i even have forgotten how to rig a model. I do really need training in 3D skills.
Well dude, i guess the only way to improve on it would maybe to try and have the staff a two handed, over the head swing, like a hammer.  I'll purposely have it a bit slower when i put sypha in the game because her primary focus is the magic, not the melee, so it would make sense to be a bit slower.  Still dude, not knocking the original, it looks fantastic dude and i can't thank you enough for helping me out dude! 8)

Tags:

anything