Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Castlevania Season  (Read 32073 times)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« on: April 15, 2021, 10:24:21 AM »
Looks like they announced a season four. I didn't watch all of season three though.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 05:29:42 PM »
New poster to go with that announcement.

Unlike previous posters, there’s no new characters for us to guess who they are.  Maybe all we’ll ever get of Grant is a reference to some crazy pirate of the roads. 

https://nintendowire.com/news/2021/04/15/netflix-teases-castlevanias-season-4-shares-new-illustration/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 07:02:34 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 07:13:14 PM »
I hope they nail it out of the park. I’m aware that the previous seasons haven’t been so well-received by fans, but I enjoyed it for what it was. It’s different, there were a lot of things I disagreed with, but in the end I didn’t lose any sleep over any of their decisions. They’re taking a different approach with the mythos & I respect that, moreso than what MercurySteam did with their iteration of the saga.

Hector needs to man up & stand up for himself, he has significant power that was said to rival Death himself (at least in the games). Speaking of which, the Grim Reaper has yet to appear. I hope they include him in Dracula’s resurrection, he can be a truly wicked force if done right moreso than Carmilla.

Isaac, I’m indifferent towards him,  but I’m still unsure if they’re going to use him to be the vessel of Dracula like they did in the games. His devotion is there, but who knows

As for Alucard, his mindstate is very unstable but I don’t think it’ll stay that way, Trevor and/or Sypha will convince him to reject his heritage & he’ll be “good” once again I’m sure

Lastly, I hope Grant makes an appearance. Dunno why he was omitted from the first 3 seasons, but he should at least play a role of some kind. Even if it’s just pointing Trevor/Alucard/Sypha in the right direction, his exclusion made no sense. And I’m not even a fan of his but I still acknowledge his role in the story, so the writers should do him justice too
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 07:16:05 PM by crisis »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 11:51:53 PM »
I still haven't watched season 3 >_<
I will just wait for your reviews. Hahaha

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 01:14:49 AM »
I still haven't watched season 3 >_<
I will just wait for your reviews. Hahaha
Same.  The first two seasons were a mixed bag and then I heard... enough about the third season to know I wouldn't like it.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 10:44:43 AM »
Same.  The first two seasons were a mixed bag and then I heard... enough about the third season to know I wouldn't like it.
That was me too. But who knows about this season

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 12:10:26 PM »
I keep going between phases of "Yeah it's kinda cool" and "Fuck this travesty". I mean, animation and fanserice are cool, but my god did that fucker mess the story up. It's another universe, yeah cool, but even then it doesn't exactly work.
(Speaking of Ellis, is he still the writter after that controversy last year?)
But hey, there are days when I can overlook that and just enjoy the action.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 12:13:22 PM by Holy Diver »
Gotta get away

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 01:19:23 PM »
Ellis has been fired.  Based on comments from Sam Deats on Twitter, it looks like they will be moving to a new generation of Belmonts.  He also hinted to not rule out Alucard, which is good.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Holy Diver

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 03:28:57 PM »
Huh, that's good news I guess. The rest of the team seems real passionate about the games. I'm just wondering how they'll wrap it up given that Ellisvania universe is different than the games. I'm hoping that they'll stick a bit closer to the series now that he's out of the picture but then again they can't just change it up too drasticaly since the series is the first exposure to Castlevania for many of its fans.
Gotta get away

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 03:57:54 PM »
Oo, Netflix told me Season 4 is coming May 13.

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 05:45:12 PM »
I rather liked all three seasons, to be honest. Third season was weird but has potential to go somewhere with season four.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2021, 12:59:30 PM »
It is said that the next iteration will cover a different point in the timeline. I hope they feature Christiphen Belmont and his son Cirque du Soleil. There is a 15 year gap between CVAdventure & Revenge of Belmont, where Dracula is still alive, albeit weakened. They can do a lot with that time frame

Super Waffle

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2021, 01:22:24 PM »
It would be great if they picked up on Christopher’s era next, but I’m not sure if they or the audience has the patience to wait until the days of Simon or Symphony of the Night.  I wouldn’t mind a trip backwards to Leon’s day.  Maybe they’ll pull a Lords of Shadow and take it to modern times.  I’d be pretty surprised if it wasn’t one of those options.  Wonder how different the art style and tone might be, assuming they go through with it.  Dracula might end up looking as different as he does between games.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2021, 05:02:37 PM »
Doing CV1 and Simon's Quest makes sense for at least 2 seasons. Then, rolling into Rondo and then SotN to bring back Alucard and maybe set the stage for 1999 and Aria. So far though, Sam Deats has proven to be a true Castlevania fan with all the easter eggs, so has critical of the series as I've been so far, I'm excited to see what happens from here.

Offline Holy Diver

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2021, 06:28:57 PM »
I'f I had to put my bets it'd be either Simon or Alucard, Richter being the wild card. They're (afaik) fan favourites and producers know that.
Gotta get away

Tags:

anything