Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Castlevania Season  (Read 32102 times)

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2021, 08:59:42 AM »
Yeah, I think I'll settle for watching some clips or skipping around for the areas I'm interested in.
Yeah, you're best of just watching fights and such. I mean I did say that I enjoyed most stuff(even if it's inconsistent and flawed) but this really ain't for someone who wants more of "true Castlevania".
Gotta get away

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2021, 12:50:34 PM »
+1
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 01:58:43 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2021, 01:29:06 PM »
I've just finished watching the last season and all i can say is that it left me confused......many familiar enemies, nice soundtrack, but not what i was expecting to see for a finale.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2021, 04:28:46 PM »
+1
(click to show/hide)

You hit a lot of points I didn't even bother going into. The entire show has been "cursing and sex as a indicator it's 'mature'" since the beginning with the goat fucking. That's how Ellis works and damned if he was going to change things for this show. I actually had someone recently leave a comment on one of my vids asking me why I hated all the sex and cursing, and didn't take "because it's all just fluff in place of substance" as a good enough answer.

Also, all the plot holes:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2021, 08:02:11 PM »
You hit a lot of points I didn't even bother going into. The entire show has been "cursing and sex as a indicator it's 'mature'" since the beginning with the goat fucking. That's how Ellis works and damned if he was going to change things for this show. I actually had someone recently leave a comment on one of my vids asking me why I hated all the sex and cursing, and didn't take "because it's all just fluff in place of substance" as a good enough answer.

Also, all the plot holes:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
hah! that's right, I forgot about that. That came out of nowhere and while amusing in a "hey I understood that reference" kind of way, didn't amount to anything that couldn't have been done at night just the same.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2021, 05:48:46 AM »

(click to show/hide)

My thoughts:
(click to show/hide)
[/quote]

The only plothole I found was:
(click to show/hide)
[/quote]
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 05:53:16 AM by Shinobi »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2021, 08:32:11 AM »

(click to show/hide)
we have seen before that vampires like dracula often have human misanthropes in their employ. (like the forgemasters) so maybe this was something like that.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2021, 11:06:42 AM »
we have seen before that vampires like dracula often have human misanthropes in their employ. (like the forgemasters) so maybe this was something like that.

Well you are talking about forgemasters which is more powerful and useful for a vampire lord but those common and very weak humans in Carmilla's castle?

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2021, 12:52:09 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Striga and Morana say they hired humans and that given that they probably died in the attack, the western nations will need mercs

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2021, 09:21:18 PM »
I enjoyed the season greatly.  A bit disappointed at all the deviations from what you’d expect from playing the game, but I guess at least it wasn’t predictable that way.  A good ride for the most part.  Some of the changes in expected outcomes were nice at least.  I hope whoever is writing the next series has the right stuff to keep the new fans this series has drawn in and keep the gamer fans happy.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 09:47:30 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2021, 12:44:24 AM »
If you skipped season 3, you might as well skip season 4 also.

Thanks! I'm skipping this then.
I will just wait for Trese to get my supernatural fix.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2021, 01:42:52 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2021, 11:08:26 PM »
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but one thing that kind of irks me about Grant's absence is that there was a good handful of original characters created for this show. Keeping that in mind, how hard could it have been to include one of the main characters from the game? I mean, if it was so hard to have a 4th protagonist included in this show, I'm not sure why they didn't just go with Symphony as their timeline. Then they could've had Richter/Alucard/Maria instead of Sypha/Alucard/Trevor. It just seems like a cop out to use Dracula's Curse as the basis for the show without including all of the characters, especially when there's no shortage of stories from the timeline that they could've used. It was one of those things that didn't bother me before the show aired. But after seeing Greta, Lenore, Striga, Varney, Godbrand, the weird sex siblings, etc., made specifically for the show, it definitely seemed like there easily could've been room for Grant if they really wanted to.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2021, 07:31:06 AM »
Sometimes I genuinely wonder if the shafting of Grant consistently, isn't some sort of edict from konami on character usage. Like, for whatever reason you're not allowed to use Grant because they constantly want to refocus on Trevor, (main character Belmont) Alucard, (fangirl bait, "cool factor" bait) and Sypha. (sex appeal, cute appeal) and in that kind of strategy, Grant is the odd man out, so they just cut him and give him token mentions at best, and dont let him be fully used.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2021, 07:38:35 AM »
Sometimes I genuinely wonder if the shafting of Grant consistently, isn't some sort of edict from konami on character usage. Like, for whatever reason you're not allowed to use Grant because they constantly want to refocus on Trevor, (main character Belmont) Alucard, (fangirl bait, "cool factor" bait) and Sypha. (sex appeal, cute appeal) and in that kind of strategy, Grant is the odd man out, so they just cut him and give him token mentions at best, and dont let him be fully used.

Ellis has consistently demonstrated a dislike for Grant, and there is a recent interview with Kolde saying that they decided to not using Grant at all. If Konami has an edict, Powerhouse/Ellis did a pretty good job at not only hiding it, but also indicating it was their decision all along.

Here's another example of interview: https://screenrant.com/castlevania-season-4-interview-kevin-kolde/

I feel I should also point out how curious is that they keep denying any Grant reading from the fans' part. Whenever a character appears that may be or not Grant, they feel the need to do an interview later clarifying it is not. So they don't do actual Grant, and also won't let you have him either. First was the bandit Isaac turns into a monster, then it was nameless Captain on season 3, now it's Greta of Danesti. The single recognized Grant reference was a "pirate of the roads" strawman Ellis made up to make fun of Grant fans, something he admited on his own.

Still, it was inevitable they'd toy with a more popular characters beyond the "niche" one eventually. It was interesting to see how some opinions changed when questionable writing reached them.

Also, just a bit more about this whole Danesti converstation:

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 09:20:43 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Tags:

anything