Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Presidential Election Day 2008 --GO VOTE!  (Read 10436 times)

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
Re: Presidential Election Day 2008 --GO VOTE!
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 08:58:44 PM »
Seriously, I am very excited. This is awesome.

Also

Offline Evil_Kitty

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 09:33:38 PM »
In Reply To #16
I'm very happy about this. I was a district and state delegate for Obama in Iowa. I've been supporting him since I saw him speak last year in December.

I voted for him for a multitude of reasons but its amazing that we finally have a black president. I'm white myself, and the issue of race was not part of my decision. I think its awesome we broke the WASP mold. Granted Kennedy did by being Catholic but this is bigger.

Offline RichterX

• The might of Legend
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 09:34:19 PM »
Hell yeah! SO EXCITED! SUPER COMBO FINISH! PERFECT!

Holy Cross is best Item Crash.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 10:32:02 PM »
It still hasn't hit me yet how amazing this all is, but his speech really put me one step closer.

Truly historic night that shows how far this country has come. Of couse we had to fall to realize it, but that seems to often be the case.

This is no longer a young nation, it's a mature nation that has come so much closer to finding its identity. That said, if the popular vote says anything, we are still divided, but on the other hand the electoral vote was a landslide!

;D Congratulations, Brack Obama and Joe Biden!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 10:35:36 PM by A n t r a x x »

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 10:50:27 PM »
When I heard McCain's give up speech while I was at work (on a radio) I knew Obama had sealed his fate as America's first black president. His job now is to help fix the mess we're in now, good luck to the guy and hope he can get the job done.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 07:08:53 AM »
What ever will comedians do now? How will Conan start his show?  :-[

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 08:15:08 AM »
I personally don't trust Obama, and I think this country is doomed.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 08:16:20 AM »
In Reply To #22

It's doomed with either president.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 09:23:27 AM »
In Reply To #22

It's doomed with either president.

Yar. Which is why I voted for Nader.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 09:27:02 AM »
I personally don't trust Obama, and I think this country is doomed.

These presidential candidates were a choice between the lesser of two evils.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 11:29:07 AM »
Let's see what happens next. Obama meets with the transitional commitee today.

McCain retreats to his cabin in Arizona (Hilary probably asks to join him), and it looks like he'll finish his senate term (but then what?).

Sarah Palin is told to lay low. She detoured questioning about a possible 2012 run back to her interest and passion to run Alaska, but she didn't say no either. In any case, for better or worse (well at least Tina doesn't have to play her anymore), we haven't seen the last of her.

Joe Lieberman is officially an outcast to any political party.

Perhaps most important of all, we don't have to hear any more about this "Joe the Plumber" bastard!

Meanwhile, most of the country lacks any real sort of healthcare, most of the schools lack any real kind of funding, thr Afghanistan war needs more support while the third world powers vie for nuclear dibs and we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg on how bad this economy is going to get as the result of the past few months' massive financial fallout.

There's no doubt about it, Barack Obama has one of the toughest jobs ahead for any president. I can only hope he can pull another one out of his hat. It's clear his campaign is one of the smartest ever run, let's see if that translates into as smart an administration.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Evil_Kitty

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 04:30:53 PM »
In Reply To #26
It felt like the end of a movie, the calm after a war. Now I feel like we're gearing up for a sequel. Its hard imagining anything can be done after years of the unproductive Bush administration.

BUSH IS FINALLY OUT AFTER 8 YEARS!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2008, 04:15:58 AM »
I would have to say Obama isn't the cure all everyone is making him out to be. That is also why I don't trust him. I don't think hes really prepared for this job.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2008, 02:07:39 PM »
In Reply To #28

He definitely isn't the cure for cancer... true, but he might be up for teh job... we have to see how he performs in the coming years.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2008, 12:39:10 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with his presidency. I'm very optimistic about Obama in the White House, just as long as he's not at Reid and Pelosi's beck and call. And I'm also glad the Dems didn't get a filibuster-proof Senate, either. I mean, I'm more inclined to vote Democrat overall, but the idea of them being virtually unstoppable in congress is a little unsettling to me, especially in light of how they've performed so far.

Kinda wished Obama would've picked up Missouri, too. Then my vote would have felt more significant.  :P
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Tags: