Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Do you workout?  (Read 10451 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 03:52:31 PM »
I have a heart condition and I can lift more than that.

Offline Bizarro Belmont

• WHAT?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Do you workout?
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 10:48:11 AM »
That's nothing short of awesome and commendable. Now if only other people can take an example from you (I know plenty of people with conditions who are lazier and weaker then I am.).

2D

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 04:12:15 PM »
Does masturbation and alcoholism count as working out? :'(

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 08:14:58 PM »
Sex. Now ya'll had to see *that* coming.

Plus stomach crunches every other day to maintain the girlish figure. I also walk everywhere I need to go seeing as how San Fran is so nice and compact. A great unexpected workout occurs everytime I need to go uphill to reach that extra-juicy burger joint at the pinnacle ^_^ -I highly recommend it.

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 08:32:50 AM »
In Reply To #1

I'm too busy to work out, but I really should.  My man-boobs and beer-belly have become an embarrassment.

Offline Bizarro Belmont

• WHAT?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 09:19:03 AM »
I'll probably lose 30 pounds by the next live meet from running around in the hot sun resisting the urge to eat any shitty food.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 10:14:58 AM »
In Reply To #21

I eat like a fat man in a Mcdonalds, and can't gain weight. It's really starting to become irritating! Though, I guess some people would kill for metabolism like that.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 02:47:18 AM »
In Reply To #21

I eat like a fat man in a Mcdonalds, and can't gain weight. It's really starting to become irritating! Though, I guess some people would kill for metabolism like that.

I have the same metabolism as you and i can't gain either weight and i'm also workout, but i'm still skinny.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 05:54:33 AM »
In Reply To #21

I used to be like that back in High School...

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 11:39:45 AM »
That's one reason I mentioned that you need a strategic approach to this type of thing, if you're serious enough about it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 11:42:15 AM by Blue Successor »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009, 06:34:13 PM »
I've tried working out back in junior high but it got me nowhere. >:(

I didn't know why then but I do know now; Fast metabolism. And I'm only 110 pounds and 5 feet 9 inches. Though I can remember being 105 pounds for a good many years straight before actually gaining the extra 5. Because I'm like this I can only conclude that the best bet for me in terms of exercise would be stuff like Ninjitsu or Aikido. Heck even Yoga would be more beneficial to me. All this won't give me muscle or more mass gain. But I'll sure be quick on the draw, accurate and very flexible. ;D

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 11:46:55 PM »
I've been on a weight training routine for 12 weeks and am about to take a planned 2 week break. I've been doing medium reps, getting about 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight a day, (I weigh 175), drinking about 140 ounces of water a day, and tracking my workout progress with a notebook.

I've found I actually get a great sense of enjoyment out of doing this (even changing my diet is enjoyable), but my muscle gains are small. But then again, I don't keep track of healthy fats, carbs or calories. I've only gained about 10 pounds over the course of 12 weeks, and I don't know how much of it is actual muscle (haven't started on skinfold measurements yet, mostly due to laziness). Then again, I've always had great metabolism. I could also get more sleep. There is a lot I plan on changing when I am done with my break; just being more involved with it in general.

I might try the Stronglifts 5x5 program next, because I think I really should focus on increasing strength initially. Also, I seemed to do better with a total body workout than I did with a split routine.

But the main thing I'm concerned with is my deadlift form. I've studied the hell out of using proper form, but I still feel like I'm doing it wrong. And I'm not going too heavy yet (155 lbs. is the most I've done so far), but I'm still wondering how much my form has to do with this back discomfort (and my left knee, to a lesser extent) that's been coming and going for the last 5 days or so.

But even though I'm not quite satisfied with my gains, I'm still happy with the sense of accomplishment I get from every workout. Even moreso when I correct past mistakes.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:04:14 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 01:10:24 AM »
In Reply To #27

I can probably beat you up.

Offline crims0nf0rtune

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 03:30:31 PM »
Yeah, I work out all the time.  I'm 16 and started going to the gym 2 years ago, and I immediately noticed how much muscle and strength I gained in such a short period of time. Now I don't go to the gym as much as I used to because I'm in track and get a great workout there. Once schools over, though, I'm going to hit the gym more often.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2009, 01:23:53 PM »
In Reply To #28

Who cares?

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Tags: