Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: God bless America  (Read 6477 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 10:52:03 PM »
The Romans and British that that god(s) were on there side, and look what happened to their empires.

"But time flows like a river, and history repeats..." from the secret of mana intro.

Oh, btw Uzo, ancient egypt lasted for over 2,000 years, china even longer to this day. This country hasn't even hit the 500 year mark yet.

You must be another one who misinterpretation American customs. We're on different pages, judging by your reply.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 11:09:38 PM »
No.

Wrong.

Deal with it.

Damn straight. It's easy for non-Americans to misinterpretation American customs, and covet American freedoms. God bless America.

Uzo... You make me proud to be American.

Though obviously, I'm not 100% American. Pft, who is?

I don't think the phrase is overused, nor used in the wrong way. There are a ton of jerks who decide to use it in disrespectful ways, but even more that use it as it should be used.

Even if there isn't a God, I still hold the phrase in high regard. I feel... I dunno, I guess you could say "good" when I say it. I don't overuse it. In fact, I think I've only said it like once or twice in my lifetime.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 11:13:59 PM »
I do not think it is overused at all.

I am a proud American and to be honest I do not think it is used enough lol.

God bless America. ;D

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 11:34:18 PM »
I think we are all God...

You have no idea how right you are. The human soul was crafted out of God's eternal spirit therefore we are apart of God as God is apart of us. Though most don't understand this concept, there is no denying it as there is no getting away from it. And as for criticizing America, I have American relatives so I'm not worried, but I'm also not blind to the faults of my own country either. But in all honesty, It doesn't matter if you're an American or a Canadian as both are descendent from the British colonial days. And you know what? I won't say God bless America or Canada or whatever country there is cause that's thinking too small. God bless the Universe for it is his body of that which we dwell here-in.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 11:35:53 PM »
The right to free will, living howq you please, and to our soldiers out there, God Bless America, and God Bless Captain America!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 04:43:30 AM »
To tell you the truth, i don't care what phrases other countries or mine are using to boost their faith or whatever. Also i don't believe that to be with god, you have to go to the church. God lives everywhere and not just in a place and he doesn't take the side of any nation, he is just watching over us.

About the phrase god bless America, i think that you feel that it is ironic, because the last years, they tend to use it in almost every movie that comes out, i don't think that if you go to America, you will hear the people there saying that phrase all the time.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 11:18:33 AM »
Damn straight. It's easy for non-Americans to misinterpretation American customs, and covet American freedoms. God bless America.

Austin Powers - 100 billion dollars
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 06:30:24 PM »
You're American enough for me, Claimh Solais *hugs*

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 04:48:37 AM »
You're American enough for me, Claimh Solais *hugs*

Danke sehr. (hugs back)

...See what I did there?
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 01:53:31 PM »
German is American too 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags:

anything