Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Would you marry a djinn?  (Read 11774 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 12:29:47 PM »
We need a religion discussion topic up in dis board I think.

I though there was already a topic on this, but it was some years back. I could be wrong.

I don't believe in marriages as I see it as a form of exploitation against women and it robs them of their freedom. In the middle ages if a woman wasn't married she was accused of being a witch or heretic by the church and either tortured or killed. A Celtic or Pegan marriage is far more open and free. Both partners were allowed or encouraged to be promiscuous with whomever they wanted even though they were married. This type of system allowed for a more closely-nit, family-like society.

Marrying a Djinn..? Don't know. Whether or not this is true I have heard that Djinns are the same a Genies except that Djinns are very tricky to deal with when it comes to granting wishes. A Genie will always come through for you where as a Djinn will intentionally mess up your wish as a prank or something. Take "Return of Jafar" as an example; Jafar is a Djinn. The thief whom freed Jafar wished for a ship filled with treasure. Instead of getting the ship he was taken straight to the ship; Underwater where he could die! Another time he was thinking of wanting to wish for a chest of treasure; he then found himself inside a treasure chest! Unless I am mistaken about this, Djinns to me are bad news. You would have to have the trickery and treachery of a master Lawyer or Devil's advocate in order to fool them and keep you safe.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 12:43:46 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 02:44:46 PM »
Well, it depends on if the Djinn has the same feelings for you as you for the Djinn. if you married one, I assume it would be because you loved each other like any other couple. I dont think a Djinn who loved her husband would seriously pull Jafars on him.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 08:37:29 PM »
"I wanna get laid!"

*Zombie Randy Savage busts through the door and bodyslams me*

"...Ugh. Me and my big mouth.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 11:28:46 PM »
Marriages today are much more of an economic agreement than anything else. It's required because married couples live together and share their possessions, and once they have children they share the economic responsibility for them.
It doesn't mean a couple can't live together and have children without being married; It's just that often mutual trust is not enough and responsibility doesn't fade away overtime as love often does.

The problem today is that many people do not understand the responsibilities of marriage and problems that may arise in case of a divorce. My grandma and grandpa HATE each other. They argue constantly. Still, they lived together for decades because considering divorce at such an age is quite impossible. The importance of keeping the family together overcomes the inconvenience of living with a person you don't even like anymore.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 06:07:30 AM »
I though there was already a topic on this, but it was some years back. I could be wrong.

I don't believe in marriages as I see it as a form of exploitation against women and it robs them of their freedom.

Maybe in certain places or time periods... but nowadays? In america? It's more like a form of exploitation against men and robs them of their freedom.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, 06:19:08 AM »
I love how this thread is starting to shift from a discussion about religion to an argument about marriage. *grabs popcorn*
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2011, 07:58:33 AM »

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2011, 12:11:56 PM »
Marriage is the biggest mistake a MAN can make. It's often in a woman's best interest to get married, but it's just stupid for a man to get married, especially in the US. At least make the bitch sign a prenuptial agreement. Legally, marriage is a loss for men and a win for women. Back in the good old days when you could just bury your wife in the backyard and no one would ask questions, marriage wasn't such a bad idea. It's cheaper to blow all your money in Las Vegas than it is to get married, if you're a guy.

Now if you can get a loner chick that no one will miss.... Er, forget I said anything.

... Engagements are the 2nd biggest mistake. Less expensive than a marriage but still fuck you over.
... My fiance said I'm not allowed to break up with her yet.  :-[

Back on topic, where else will you find a wife that's as smoking hot as a djinn?  ;D

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 01:27:38 PM »
I bet you're probably kidding, TheouAegis, but you have more of a point than it might seem at first glance. Divorced men are one of the unhappiest segments of the population, at least in the US, and given how likely divorce is these days...;_;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 05:12:57 AM »
Next issue!!

( hehehe )

Islamic hadith often discusses matters of law and also states punishment for offenses. Commonly, the punishment for certain offenses are numerous whip-lashes.
This kind of punishment is still used today in Muslim states like Saudi Arabia. Modern states, however, view physical penalty as cruel and use fines instead.

And my question is: If you committed a certain crime, and may choose between being charged a big fine, like 5000$, or instead enduring 30-40 whip lashes, what would you prefer?
Pay attention that being whipped, even once, is extremely painful, causes scars and possible permanent damage.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 11:18:54 AM »
But I don't personally give any credence to any Judeo-Christian/Islamic mumbo-jumbo. It's all Zoroastrian mk.II thru mk.IV anyway.

Thank you! I was starting to think I was the only person left that knows that 75% of all judeo-christian religion is ripped off from Zarathustra.

I don't believe in marriages as I see it as a form of exploitation against women and it robs them of their freedom.

Having been married, I can tell you with all seriousness that this notion, in a modern American context is complete and utter bullshit. No offense. :3

Also...

Maybe in certain places or time periods... but nowadays? In america? It's more like a form of exploitation against men and robs them of their freedom.

And, again, as a divorced male in America... thank the goddess I was broke, had a prenup & didn't knock her up. If we had had a kid it woulda been an even bigger nightmare.

Oh, and I'll take the fine. I don't fancy being hit with a weapon that can break the sound barrier.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 11:32:33 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 06:37:34 PM »
Having been married, I can tell you with all seriousness that this notion, in a modern American context is complete and utter bullshit. No offense. :3

None taken  :) My reply was more & less befitting of a male-dominant society which has been the case for thousands of years until about less then a century ago. Such a society is in my mind completely disgusting as we were all created equal. But of course the human ego doesn't conform to the laws of nature (or god for that matter). And it's true that there are a lot of women "gold diggers" out there that just want a free piece of the pie without working honestly for it. But getting back to the Djinn case, I wouldn't mind marrying one if me and said female Djinn we completely understanding of eachother and in love.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 01:26:42 AM »
Agreed.  ;D
"Stuff and things."

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 06:07:21 PM »
Forget the understanding. I bet sex with her would be out of this world!

Are harlequin babies really the offspring between a human and a djinn? I mean, doesn't anyone else think they look like fleshy Lava Golems? Fire and mud, y'know.

... Just sayin'.

(not gonna post a pic of a harlequin baby here out of decency. ... YES I CAN BE DECENT SOMETIMES!)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2011, 08:44:12 PM »
Are harlequin babies really the offspring between a human and a djinn? I mean, doesn't anyone else think they look like fleshy Lava Golems? Fire and mud, y'know.

What if you were to wish to your Djinn for the baby to be more normal in appearance? I think it could work out then.

Tags:

anything