Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The BATMAN Thread - We accept Bat-credit cards too!  (Read 13690 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
The BATMAN Thread - We accept Bat-credit cards too!
« on: March 27, 2012, 04:17:31 PM »

The LoS topic was completely absorbed by batman discussion, it seems that our dear forums are filled with batfans and that's great! It's an espectacular character no doubt, being among the best in every class he's in

- Best games (Arkham series)
- Best Movies (Nolan series)
- Best comics (many to name)
- Best musical! (Can you believe it?)

So this is a place to discuss about our favorite hero, and of course, his villains.

Let the night begin!

To start the discussion, what do you think was the best plot to stop Batman has ever a villian had? I think the whole Knightfall was brilaint, Bane planned to make Batman get TIRED, a simple as it is, no one thought about it first.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:30:39 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: The BATMAN Thread - We accept Bat-credit cards too!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 04:38:19 PM »
+2
Recently purchased the Play Arts KAI Batman figure, it's huge

but HIGHLY detailed & articulated. I've had these metal Batarangs laying around for a couple years, purchased them in a set at my local flea market for about 20 bucks

also acquired a couple of statues from the "Black & White" series. The detail on these are excellent. They only made 7000 of the Joker, good luck finding him for less than $100 nowadays

also recently purchased part one of the 'Knightfall' comic series, where Bane makes his first appearance (and what DKR is partially based on)

have yet to start reading it, though

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 10:12:40 PM »
What's with the sweet-smelling cosmetics?  :P

Edit: no, wait, I thought that champagne was perfume  :P
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:17:24 PM by A-Yty »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 10:16:03 PM »
Batpagne behind the figure and Simply Bat, Scented oil

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 10:18:42 PM »
+1
Crisis offers the figures champagne and rubs some scented oil on them?  :-*

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 04:09:02 AM »

also recently purchased part one of the 'Knightfall' comic series, where Bane makes his first appearance (and what DKR is partially based on)

have yet to start reading it, though

I think that one was one of my favorites. Parts 2 and 3 (and Prodigal) were okay I guess, but Part 1 was easily the best.

Has anyone read The Cult? That was another favorite of mine. I was kind of surprised with how dark it was for a Batman comic. And Jason Todd actually wasn't annoying in that one.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 06:53:48 PM »
Has anyone read The Cult? That was another favorite of mine. I was kind of surprised with how dark it was for a Batman comic. And Jason Todd actually wasn't annoying in that one.

Wasn't much a fan of that myself. Maybe I'm insane, but it felt like a poor man's Frank Miller to me—the Batmobile even underwent a ridiculous reconstruction in it.

One aspect I adore about The Cult is the art—and even more impressive than the line art is the coloring, which most people apparently abhor about the miniseries but I think it's wonderful. But yeah, the writing just isn't so hot, IMO...and it's by the same dude who wrote that piece of shit A Death in the Family. Only good thing to come out of that was Under the Red Hood—the animated movie more specifically, as the comic only struck me as OK.

I'm a Miller fanboy, so I adore all his stuff, including The Dark Knight Strikes Again. I'll admit All-Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder had me scratching my head a bit, but it was still pretty cool and I eagerly anticipate the rest of it (if it ever gets made). You simply can't beat The Dark Knight Returns and Batman: Year One, IMO.

Although my favorite Batman story ever is Mask of the Phantasm. Fantastic movie, and the best origin for the character. Just wish the animation had been better, considering the TV show had some truly astounding episodes in terms of animation (mostly the ones directed by Kevin Altieri, the anime nut of the bunch; he knew the right direction and studios to pick).

I love Batman. Man, who doesn't?? I just wish Bill Finger and Bob Kane had continued on in the direction they originally set out with, where Batman killed criminals when necessary and all that. Then Robin was introduced and it all got pretty lame.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:55:38 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 11:13:12 PM »
Let's talk Batman in the DCAU.

Can we agree Old Bruce is best Bruce?

Also just how epic Batman Beyond was

>>That moment when the choir backed version of the original Batman theme starts playing

chills down my spine. every time.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:30:44 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 01:29:18 AM »
One of Beyond's most memorable moments for sure.

One of the best aspects of Kevin Conroy's acting in the original show is that he always used Bruce's "real" voice for Batman, while his "Bruce persona" had this really carefree, acted voice. They threw that out the window with The New Batman Adventures which was a real shame—and I still remember Bruce's pathetic attempt at going undercover, which was slapping a mustache on and shades. A long way away from the coolness of Matches Malone...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 01:33:36 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 01:56:01 AM »
Not a mega-Batfanboy, but have certainly got my fair share of comics and the films... loved the Burton films (Schumacher.... not so much), and the Nolan series so far has been damn good. I am mostly a Vertigo reader (and a longtime Marvelite), but DC and Bats have always been cool. And the Elseworlds series of comics where Batman goes up against Dracula is awesome. Look for Batman Vs Dracula : Red Rain. Have got all three: Red Rain, Bloodstorm, and Crimson Mist. Also The Long Halloween is brilliant as is the Miller stuff and the Knightfall books.

Cover from Bloodstorm.

EDIT: And here's a cover from Crimson mist, where Batman essentially BECOMES Dracula.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 04:06:01 AM by Nail_Bombed »
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 03:31:38 AM »
Wasn't much a fan of that myself. Maybe I'm insane, but it felt like a poor man's Frank Miller to me—the Batmobile even underwent a ridiculous reconstruction in it.

Yeah, I think the whole last part with the DKR-inspired Batmobile was my least favorite part of the story, since it did feel too ripped off. And the whole thing with
(click to show/hide)

Look for Batman Vs Dracula : Red Rain. Have got all three: Red Rain, Bloodstorm, and Crimson Mist.

I have the first two...still have to get around to buying Crimson Mist one of these days. I heard it's pretty crazy.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:03:44 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 05:36:38 AM »
LOL I saw "DKR" and thought "Diddy Kong Racing" and not "Dark Knight Returns".
Particularly funny since it was a batmobile post.

Also, I love Batman: TAS and Batman: Beyond.  Great shows.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 05:46:24 AM »
Let's discuss the subject of "what would be great about a Batman who kills"?

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 07:24:41 AM »
+1
Let's discuss the subject of "what would be great about a Batman who kills"?

Not a lot really. He'd be basically a Punisher clone dressed up like a bat.

Think about it ... while the wealth isn't exactly there for Punisher/Frank Castle, they both have honed their bodies to near-perfection and not having to rely on any given superpowers (though Frank still needs to rely heavily on armor due to the amount of ammo being blasted at him), both have had their families wiped out by criminals, both rely on the fear of criminals for their work.... except Bats has more honor than Frank due to not murdering the scumbags/his opponents. And also, if Bats killed his way through Gotham's crime network, there wouldn't be much in the way of villains left - except himself.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:26:51 AM by Nail_Bombed »
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Tags:

anything