Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: President Obama wins re-election  (Read 7995 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« on: November 06, 2012, 08:45:23 PM »
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 10:35:47 PM by Highwind Dragoon »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: President Obama projected to win re-election
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 09:10:14 PM »
Projected?  He won already (basically).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 09:48:39 PM »
RIP Mitt Romney

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 10:34:16 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/11/07/democrat-tammy-baldwin-wins-wisconsin-senate-race/

Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D) won the open Wisconsin Senate race Tuesday, becoming the first openly gay person elected to the US senate.

Also, Marijuana is fully legal in Colorado now.  :o

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 11:19:57 PM »
I KNOW WHICH STATE IM MOVING TO

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 11:26:38 PM »
+3
It still has to go head to head with federal govt, because its still illegal by federal law. The win just means that state voted for lehaizing it. It doesn't make it automatic
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 11:32:42 PM »
Yes, but this is a small first step.  8)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 12:39:47 AM »
+1
Can't wait to hear the excuses over the next four years for a shitty economy. Past four years was: "It's Bush's fault!" Next four years will be: "It's the Republican House's fault!"

Not that a not-very-conservative guy like Mitt Romney would have fared much better, but damn. Prepare yourselves, boys! It's about to get bumpy.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 01:10:11 AM »
They tried to pass the legal marijuana law here in Oregon but I don't think it passed.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 03:38:49 AM »
+2
I knew the moment I opened Facebook the shitstorm from folks not high on the Obama list would start, boy did I underestimate exactly how much pissing and moaning I'd see.

As for the weed legalization shit, long as it stays out of my state I'm fine with it, the college kids smoke the hell out of it anyway, and it makes them stink something awful.  :-X

Offline BullockDS

• TheMoonMan
  • Hunter in Training
  • I'll see you all at 3:15!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 07:24:00 AM »
Can't wait to hear the excuses over the next four years for a shitty economy. Past four years was: "It's Bush's fault!" Next four years will be: "It's the Republican House's fault!"

Not that a not-very-conservative guy like Mitt Romney would have fared much better, but damn. Prepare yourselves, boys! It's about to get bumpy.
It will be interesting (and perhaps funny) indeed to see how this'll play out.

Also, to shamelessly steal from another forum: I hope we get much better candidates in 2016; I'm sick of voting for the lesser of two evils.

Finally, I've got this to say:
To Obama supporters: Celebration is cool. Insulting and harassing Romney supporters, not so much. Be humble.
To Romney supporters: It’s okay to be upset, but throwing ugly insults at Obama supporters is not the way to handle it. Be respectful.

My Character (not drawn by me)

The free market punishes irresponsibility. Government rewards it. – Harry Browne

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 07:37:15 AM »
What I'm gonna say is what I said about the economic/political crisis in Europe: RESPONSIBILITY, RESPONSIBILITY, RESPONSIBILITY.
I'm an Obama supporter since I share his views on most issues, and I hope he would prove to be more responsible than Romney would have been. And when I say responsible I mean for the American people to unite and work hard to cover for that huge national debt created by irresponsible economy in the 2000's. Oh, and work out those social issues like healthcare which Obama failed to accomplish during his first term.
Oh, and that pain in the arse called Iran, I hope Obama knows when to take action.
The world is going through some major changes, and it's hard to tell if for better or worse.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 08:11:36 AM »
Is this really the place to bring up politics? Lol well I'll just say that I'm very pleased with this. Obama has done well with the smoking wreckage he was handed, or perhaps I should say the bomb that was in the process of exploding. He helped end a pointless war which cost hundreds of thousands of lives and billions of taxpayer dollars, finally killed Osama Bin Laden (something Bush had basically said he wasn't even trying to do anymore) and averted a total depression. Romney's position on any issue depended entirely on which crowd and where he was speaking to.

Obama also tried to reform our woeful healthcare system and has helped restore America's image abroad. Also for anyone who's going to say that Obama won because of people on welfare- I know a lot of people on welfare and foodstamps, living in a particularly depressed (Red) State. And all of them voted for Romney because they're socially conservative. In my experience people never consider for a minute that when government aid cuts are being discussed it could be the aid THEY are getting that could be cut. Not all people recieving aid are lazy or unemployed either, for those who buy the american bootstrap myth I recommend reading this. http://truth-out.org/news/item/12264-lies-of-plutocracy-exploding-five-myths-that-dehumanize-the-poor
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 08:25:05 AM by Ratty »

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 08:20:35 AM »
+2
I wish more people would do write-ins.  I also wish we didn't have a primary election.  You should only ever vote for the #1 absolute bestest candidate you can find...not just the guy your political party is pooling its resources behind.

Let's say candidate x was running against candidates y and z in the primary.  You voted for candidate z, but candidate x won the primary.  Now you're going to vote for candidate x in the general election, when you believe that candidate z is a better candidate?  You can still do a write-in - why compromise your own integrity by voting for somebody you don't fully support (after all, you didn't full support him or her few months ago)?

Yet millions of voters do this in every election.  Everyone seems to think you can only vote for the two major candidates, and we get this crap like "I'm voting for the lesser of two evils."  (No offense, TheMoonMan, but that's what it is.)  You shouldn't vote for anybody you don't fully support.  And you shouldn't support anybody just because your political party does.  You don't vote as a party; you vote as an individual.  All this "vote strategizing," for lack of a better term, is a corruption of the concept of a free vote.  Voters try to place their vote wherever it will matter the most, i.e. only for one of the two major candidates.  They think it's "throwing your vote away" if you vote for anybody else.  But by that same logic, you might as well vote for the opposition if the polls are showing him in a strong lead, since it's just "throwing your vote away" to vote for somebody who doesn't win.

Unfortunately, that's the problem with party politics.  As long as we have such a strong bipartisan system, our elections will come down to this trash.  Write-ins, people!  You can vote for whomever you want!  If you don't like the names on the ballot, you had damn well better be adding some new ones.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 08:43:44 AM »
Let me tell you this, PFG, my country has a political system completely different, and let me tell you this, everybody hates it.
Unlike USA who uses a majoritarian-state vote, it's a one-voting region proportionality vote which lets you vote for a party for parliament rather than state leader. Since the country is very split ideologically, we have 14 parties, that's right, 14 parties in the parliament ATM, 4 of them big parties with over 10 seats. The parties are VERY different ideologically, starting with social, liberal parties and ending with religious ( some almost racist) parties who try to promote religious legislation. Since no party has a majority they are forced to construct coalitions of at least 3 parties and whoever manages to build a bigger coalition becomes PM. All the politicians hate each other and often when a party leader has major ideological disagreements with his party members he leaves it to form a new party, fucking up the system. And then people annoyed by the party system go into politics forming their own parties, like a popular journalist who recently formed a new party, which is popular but its agenda is totally unclear.

Problem, officer? 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 08:54:29 AM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags: