Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981022 times)

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #660 on: May 11, 2015, 11:30:55 AM »
Two words - I'm in.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #661 on: May 11, 2015, 11:31:00 AM »
F**k.......i need to get paid from my work............i'll give him 150!!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #662 on: May 11, 2015, 11:32:36 AM »
So when do you pick your platform? Is it right after you pledge, or what? I'm using the PayPal version so if anyone used that, it'd be helpful to know. I don't wanna wind up accidentally getting a PC copy since I know my computer wouldn't be able to run the game (since it's being developed with current-gen consoles in mind).
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #663 on: May 11, 2015, 11:33:12 AM »
http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/5/11/8576141/koji-igarashi-day-in-the-life

Here's a cool tie-in article by Polygon. Some interesting Castlevania tidbits - the 3D Alucard game was not coming along well, and yeah, his 2D Castlevania projects were canned when they brought on MercurySteam. RIP 1999, at least we'll always have operation akumajo's terrible script in our hearts...

Man fuck Konami up the ass with a bloody flaming pike.

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #664 on: May 11, 2015, 11:44:46 AM »
I really hope the game will be much better than the first image posted. I see many people are excited with the art for Miriam but for me Shanoa is waaaay better!

I hope the game development goes well and I don't want the game to look so generic and cheap :(
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #665 on: May 11, 2015, 11:58:07 AM »
Man fuck Konami up the ass with a bloody flaming pike.

it was partially Kojima's fault since he supported mercurysteam, which is also to blame trying to cashgrab the Castlevania franchise and just looking to make money (just like how Ninja Theory didn't care about ruining DMC
reputation, they were just after money and fame. not taking care of the franchise's foundations, lore and design.
trolling the fanbase since they will get paid under contract anyways.),
but Kojima pushed Konami to choose MS (a very horrible choice) instead of IGA. 

Kojima overrates western developers and underrated Japanese talent.  Hideo doesn't even care about the Metal Gear series much since MGS3, so Castlevania means nothing to him, he just sees the industry more as a science instead of an art, and MGS is the only thing he understands. ) 

but anyways, this actually worked out better for IGA, since Konami is out of touch with the industry anyways,
and IGA can do more outside of that.  full 3D Castlevania just doesn't have the full team, budget and resources to do it right, so 2D and 2.5D are much more adaptable to IGA's style, and the greatest in the series are 2D.

You see even legendary series like Street Fighter use 2.5D instead of full 3D.  can full 3D be better for the series?
it can be, but it could be at the expense of the series gameplay fundamentals and level design strengths.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #666 on: May 11, 2015, 11:58:34 AM »
I've lost Stream footage until now. I've lost important info about this game and IGA or no?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #667 on: May 11, 2015, 12:03:00 PM »
So when do you pick your platform? Is it right after you pledge, or what? I'm using the PayPal version so if anyone used that, it'd be helpful to know. I don't wanna wind up accidentally getting a PC copy since I know my computer wouldn't be able to run the game (since it's being developed with current-gen consoles in mind).
You'll receive emails. Kickstarter have some plugins for the post-fund phase that handle this type of thing. You (probably in this case) can up your pledge, even.

I know that 2.5D games can look good. We just need to know which 2.5D game visual they are striving to achieve.

Offline Oniros

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #668 on: May 11, 2015, 12:05:26 PM »
In for the $125 tier. So happy that we're finally getting a new IGA game!!!
(click to show/hide)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #669 on: May 11, 2015, 12:06:15 PM »
I really hope the game will be much better than the first image posted. I see many people are excited with the art for Miriam but for me Shanoa is waaaay better! 

Miriam looks awesome, she could kind of pass for Shanoa's long lost sister.   ;D

plus Miriam can main a sword AND whip, so she's already one of the most badass and coolest IGAvania characters ever.

I hope the game development goes well and I don't want the game to look so generic and cheap :(

I think people shouldn't have their production value expectations too high.

fans should be glad this will look better than than CotM, HoD, AoS, DoS, PoR and OoE.

it would be nice if they make it darker and grittier like SOTN and the others, with more mature color tone,
but overall I think that screen doesn't really show the full atmosphere, since those floors and ceiling are naturally
bright due to the reflective material they are composed of, but looking at the rest of the background, it does look
pretty dark themed.   

At least it isn't super deformed like Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds or Syd Valis.   ;D

but are the developers really the same developers that helped with MN9?  do people think the MN9 budget conspiracy
might be tied to that developer?  Is it a smart move to choose that developer?  They aren't a shady developer are they?  They might bill IGA more money than they deserve. 

If they are bad they better not treat IGA like a scapegoat if some conspiracy happens.
Whose fault really was it for what happened to MN9 anyways?  was it related to that devleoper? 
Inti Creates or whatever they are called.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #670 on: May 11, 2015, 12:08:24 PM »
Don't get me started on MN9 though, for everything it was promised and how much it made it looks like a big disappointment. I was raising like 100 eyebrows when they announced the cartoon franchises before the game was even finished, left a bad taste in my mouth. That and having to cut out being able to steal parts/transformations from enemies and not bosses due to budgeting? Yeah, nah.

Yeeeaaaah.  Seeing what one man could do (Axiom Verge), and various other teams on a smaller budget could crank out, seeing MN9 was jarring.  I'm trusting this because IGA is the producer and has his goals and funding set at a realistic level.  2.5D does have me weary, but what he's said (and as much as I love Nintendo, excluding it for now so that the game will be good looking instead having to possibly scale it down so that it runs on everything) put me at ease.  To be honest, I'm sad some people won't pledge yet based solely on IntiCreates being involved and MN9 instead of IGA being the lead and pretty damn good with making games on a budget, reused sprites be damned.

I couldn't imagine a metroidvania looking like MN9 honestly: the castle would look bare and bland.  Even DXC looked better than that.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #671 on: May 11, 2015, 12:09:16 PM »
I've lost Stream footage until now. I've lost important info about this game and IGA or no?

Anyone?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #672 on: May 11, 2015, 12:12:26 PM »
I'm sad some people won't pledge yet based solely on IntiCreates being involved and MN9 instead of IGA being the lead and pretty damn good with making games on a budget, reused sprites be damned.
I haven't pledged because I want to see gameplay first. The game is absolutely going to get funded, I respect IGA and trust him but I need to see the game first before I get truly excited.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #673 on: May 11, 2015, 12:23:32 PM »
+1
i look around & see all of u super duper excited like ur wildest dreams are coming true. just wait till after the dust settles & half of u will start criticizing & pooping on this game & its "repetitive gameplay, lack of platforming and uninspired environments," yes im calling it now. "hasnt IgA learned anything smh"

i see ppl that used to shit on iga & his games left n right, now coming outta the shadows & posting the complete opposite. go figure  :P

as for me, yas im gonna pledge but thats becuz ive always been a fan of the metroidvanias. rip castlevania, it had one helluva run with 25+ years. but all good things must come to an end

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #674 on: May 11, 2015, 12:30:22 PM »
Where are people getting all this info on Mighty No. 9 not going to be good?!

Did I miss something?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags:

anything