Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: ideas for Castlevania fighting game/crossover  (Read 2837 times)

Offline SSBBfan666

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
ideas for Castlevania fighting game/crossover
« on: March 17, 2014, 06:34:07 PM »
If Konami ever did try to make another Castlevania fighting game, Nothing likes the atrocious CV Judgement that we can all agree never happened, I think that they could/should 'merge' the classic series & the LoS saga for everyone to enjoy the battles; since some people like the classic characters and others like the LoS saga characters. The fighting engine could be a 2D with 3D (Mortal Kombat 2011) style, or, a full 3d style (the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series), next would be the character roster (the fighters, allies, etc...).

-Classic Series-

They could include the do a poll for the classic Belmonts to see who gets in (there are a lot from what I know), include the other famous protagonists' (Adrian (aka; Alucard), Soma, Jonathan Morris, Grant Dynasty,  Reinhardt, etc...) (Kid Dracula for shits & giggles)

The allies/helpers could be various allies(Sypha Belnades (Classic), Maria Renard, Yoko Belnades, Charlotte Aulin, etc..) who can jump in the match and boost their fighters attack/defense, help out for a small amount of time, two helpers per fighter.

they could also add in the villains as well, such as (Mathias aka; Dracula, Carmilla, Brauner, Succubus, Walter, Death, etc...) and have their variants of allies/helpers.

-Lords of Shadow Saga-

Include all the Belmonts (there is only 4 in the entire Trilogy; Gabriel, Trevor, Simon & Victor). Bring in Dracula (Gabriel) and Alucard (Trevor) as separate characters accessible under their previous identities (ex; press select to switch between Gabriel and Dracula), Pan, Agreus, etc...

also include Sypha Belnades nee' Belmont (LoS MoF; Simon's mother), Marie Belmont, Claudia, Laura, the Chupacabras (to steal their items for a limited time before returning them) as helpers/allies.

the villains would be Cornell, Carmilla, Zobek (in his reaper form (LoS2), Satan (LoS1 and LoS2 forms), the Black Knight, etc...

the combat system/skills could be different for characters (Gabriel is extremely combo-savvy and Richter relies on speed to outmaneuver before striking.)

every fighter can have super moves(Gabriel has holy explosion (LoS2 Great Explosion), and Dragon form as Dracula; Julius has Grand Cross, the one he used against Soma, Mathias uses Demonic Mediggo) that deal a lot of damage, but can only be used once or twice per match.

characters can have sub-weapons (silver daggers, holy water, bible, throwing cross, etc...) they can use and relics/food they can use once picked up (POT ROAST/WALL CHICKEN)

characters should be balanced out (Julius is widely regarded as OP) to even out the battles. characters could be 'classed';  Gabriel is a powerhouse but susceptible to constant projectiles, Mathias is well-versed in distance fighting; but fails in close range, Adrian has various swords to preselect before the match, choose wisely, etc... some characters also could have special abilities: vampires have mist form and more, some Belmonts have special block that negates unholy damage if used correctly and passives (VK and CC do more damage to supernatural; Supernatural passives could be regain magic when striking enemy with knockdown attack, sort of like in Ultimate Ninja Storm series where you can get chakra if you strike an enemy hard enough or finish a combo) some characters have special abilities mapped to D-pad and subweapons can run out(ex: Simon Belmont (Mirror of Fate version) Spirit of Schneider does more damage (time limited), Spirit of Belnades blocks all damage(time limited), throwing axe is straightforward projectile that can be on fire if button is held down and Oil Flasks are essentially fire grenades.

there can be a campaign explaining how the two universes collided which can be played like MK9 (one fight to another) or Ultimate Ninja series (vast free roam). various interactions between the characters.

stages could be dynamically changing (ex: crumbling castle, Dimensional Prison with lava rising as you make your way to the portal) and maybe have background interactions (The Forgotten One emerging and smashing the arena a few ties before being knocked off, if 2D fighting system) have various enemies pop up to be killed for items, healing, etc..., if 3D fighting) same for campaign modes.

have other modes of gameplay like; challenges, tag team mode (if MK9 style fighting system), online matches, mini-games, ladder mode, and more...

unlock alternate costumes, bonus artwork (including funny interactions between characters), endings unlocked through ladder mode and more... maybe include finishers for characters (if like MK9 2D fighting style)

what do you guys think would this work or not, offer your opinions if you want to.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: ideas for Castlevania fighting game/crossover
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 06:40:39 PM »
Please no. Castlevania really isn't suited for a fighting game...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Oniros

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 07:04:07 PM »
I would only accept a CV fighting game as long as it is developed by Arc System Works.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 08:01:22 PM »
Please no. Castlevania really isn't suited for a fighting game...

Darkstalkers done....

RPG Shin Megami Tensei . Done..
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 08:17:09 PM »
I really do like the idea of a cross-universe fighting game where you can see various CV characters interact across the canons. Unfortunately, this will never happen since the idea caters to such a narrow interest.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 08:21:29 PM »
Please... NO MORE CASTLEVANIA FIGHTING GAMES.  Thank You.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 10:41:24 PM »
I really do like the idea of a cross-universe fighting game where you can see various CV characters interact across the canons. Unfortunately, this will never happen since the idea caters to such a narrow interest.

Since Castlevania 64 and Kid Dracula aren't canon, Judgement Technically was a cross-universe fighter, if it were a possibility of a Judgement 2, I think the mechanics should be tweaked to be closer to the Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm games, but even that is too far fetched

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 10:46:12 PM »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.