Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017  (Read 283062 times)

Offline Migami Games

• http://the-mig-page.wifeo.com/
  • Vampire Hunter
  • https://twitter.com/migami_games
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
Re: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017
« Reply #705 on: March 20, 2018, 08:05:26 PM »
+5
Happy 50th birthday to Mr. Iga!

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #706 on: March 30, 2018, 11:22:59 AM »
Sorry for the thread necro, but opening a completely new thread for a bug report on this game seemed like a waste.

Through various circumstances, I was forced to redownload the game. The problem now is, whenever I wish to start a new game, it reads "Ring of Fury Mode". Was this bug not fixed in the newest download, or is there something wrong with my game? Furthermore, after re-downloading the game, my old save file is still somehow there and I can re-load it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 12:10:03 PM by DraculaCronqvist »
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #707 on: March 30, 2018, 04:37:09 PM »
Sorry for the thread necro, but opening a completely new thread for a bug report on this game seemed like a waste.

Through various circumstances, I was forced to redownload the game. The problem now is, whenever I wish to start a new game, it reads "Ring of Fury Mode". Was this bug not fixed in the newest download, or is there something wrong with my game? Furthermore, after re-downloading the game, my old save file is still somehow there and I can re-load it.

Make sure you downloaded the latest version:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ub3gnp5zuwe43w0/CTLC2upc.rar

Extract the file and run Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles 2 upc.exe (Dated 2017‎/9‎/‎9‎) this is the version that got "Force Ring of Fury Mode" bug fixed.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 06:09:36 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #708 on: March 30, 2018, 06:51:40 PM »
I checked and downloaded the correct file. But one of the problems, namely the Ring of Fury-bug, was resolved by several re-starts of the computer. God knows why the first few restarts have not worked. The oddity about the old save file still persists, however. Unfortunately, a new bug pertaining to my controller, which has worked so far, has cropped up. I had to switch to my regular PS4 controller now. Ah well, no big. Thanks for the feedback.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 07:03:27 PM by DraculaCronqvist »
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline Scarlet starlet

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #709 on: May 05, 2022, 03:47:48 PM »
Replaying this gem after 5 years, I managed to get 100% once again and the best ending but for some reason I am missing the last level of Aura Blast (Holy Cross). Does anyone remember the white orbs locations?

I really want to make a perfect playthrough because Anna finally showed up this time lol
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 03:49:31 PM by Scarlet starlet »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #710 on: May 05, 2022, 04:55:58 PM »
Replaying this gem after 5 years, I managed to get 100% once again and the best ending but for some reason I am missing the last level of Aura Blast (Holy Cross). Does anyone remember the white orbs locations?

I really want to make a perfect playthrough because Anna finally showed up this time lol
White orb for the Holy Aura Blast 5 is hidden behind a fake wall at Chamber of Illusions. The fake wall can be spotted when equipping Mask of Vision.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 05:30:37 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #711 on: May 05, 2022, 05:17:58 PM »
Mask of vision. That reminds me of the mask in the first Ys game. It did the same thing, helping the player to spot fake walls.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Scarlet starlet

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #712 on: May 06, 2022, 12:25:30 PM »
White orb for the Holy Aura Blast 5 is hidden behind a fake wall at Chamber of Illusions. The fake wall can be spotted when equipping Mask of Vision.
The fake loot room? I just checked and I didn't find anything even with the Mask equipped. It must be somewhere else

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #713 on: May 06, 2022, 04:59:35 PM »
The fake loot room? I just checked and I didn't find anything even with the Mask equipped. It must be somewhere else

Here're some of the maps with item locations which I still preserved after all these years.

Credits to Jop for sharing it at the moment.

Offline Scarlet starlet

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #714 on: May 15, 2022, 02:16:54 PM »
Thank you man. I had a room missing (in spite of the 100% mark! ) due to my bad eyesight

Offline nokundhi

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #715 on: May 15, 2022, 10:14:35 PM »
Looks like I wasn't the only one that had a sudden urge to replay this five years later. Really a shame we won't get a LC3 but I'm looking forward to their next project. In a better timeline Konami would have just hired Mig to make 3.

I ran into the Anna glitch that I've heard about. When I used the Cup of Untruth in the Garden of The Dead, but went to the regular path of Truth rather than straight to the boss I heard the victory music play and got a health upgrade. When I went to visit Anna's room she was dead (well, more dead than before) and I could grab the book.

In the off chance anyone cares, this ran perfectly on Linux via Lutris. No crashes or bugs I could find other than the text looking kind of off, but it's still perfectly legible.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #716 on: May 17, 2022, 06:06:55 AM »
Glad you guys are still enjoying the game all these years later!

While we wish we could have made LC3, I can tell you that cotw basically improves on everything we did with LC2. Imo even the story is a more intriguing thing in cotw. We had cool ideas for LC3 story-wise, but cotw has cooler ties with history.

It's gonna feel a lot like you are getting that sequel imo.

For me the only hard part has been every now and then I get the urge to do a CV cover lol. I fight that a lot!

But otherwise, fret not. Cotw is gonna be what you've been hoping for if you want an experience like lc2 again.  ????
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #717 on: March 08, 2023, 03:37:48 PM »
I know it's a relatively long time since the little obscure fan game's reveal, but here we might need this forum's help again.

The thing is, Katriel opened a Lecarde Chronicles 2 refine project ( https://github.com/katriellucas/lecarde-2 ) but unfortunately the recovery process ended up corrupting all non-English characters in the game's plain-text. The thing would be easier if there's copies of translated plain-text dialogue script from that time. If there're anyone who still obtain the translated plain-text dialogue script, we welcomed you and please contact us in any form.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 04:17:57 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #718 on: March 08, 2023, 04:39:31 PM »
+1
I know it's a relatively long time since the little obscure fan game's reveal, but here we might need this forum's help again.

The thing is, Katriel opened a Lecarde Chronicles 2 refine project ( https://github.com/katriellucas/lecarde-2 ) but unfortunately the recovery process ended up corrupting all non-English characters in the game's plain-text. The thing would be easier if there's copies of translated plain-text dialogue script from that time. If there're anyone who still obtain the translated plain-text dialogue script, we welcomed you and please contact us in any form.

I still have the original files for English, Japanese and Portuguese. They are present here as they were originally made. Thus, no changes. I don't generally share development files but since it seems you have Migami's approval, then there should be no problem.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 12:35:32 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #719 on: March 08, 2023, 04:42:24 PM »
I still have the original files for English, Japanese and Portuguese. They are present here as they were originally made. Thus, no changes. I don't generally share development files but since it seems you have Migami's approval, then there should be no problem.

Good luck.

Wow, nice, thank you bro. This greatly helps! May God bless this quest.

anything