Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Least favorite (canon) Belmont?  (Read 40924 times)

Offline PyramidHead

• Vampire Hunter
  • Don't look into the Death Star, or you will die.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 06:29:17 AM »
Least favorite is Richter. I just don't like his design - he doesn't look like Belmont IMO. He looks like a stereotypical Japanese shonen hero. That white headband... was it necessary?

Also, I think he's the weakest Belmont (except may be Soleiyu) . He was completely brainwashed by Shaft in SotN.  ;D

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 02:11:23 PM »
Juste, because I just didn't care much for Harmony of Dissonance, and he looked like Alucard cosplaying as Santa Clause to me.

Least favorite is Richter. I just don't like his design - he doesn't look like Belmont IMO. He looks like a stereotypical Japanese shonen hero. That white headband... was it necessary?

Also, I think he's the weakest Belmont (except may be Soleiyu) . He was completely brainwashed by Shaft in SotN.  ;D

It was the early 90s, headbands made everyone look cooler. It's like shorthand for "I do so much asskicking I have to tie my hair back so I always have both hands free."
Lina Inverse had one (not to mention Trevor) so I rest my case.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 02:22:51 PM by Ratty »

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2013, 05:33:16 AM »
Aw, poor Juste.  Everybody dissing him just because of his design. You know, Simon Belmont has had some truly... questionable designs, and he has even less personality to judge him by. Having just recently played through Dissonance again, I found Juste to be a rather likeable fellow.  I think part of the reason I like him is because of the furniture collecting.  It's hilarious that he seems to almost absentmindedly collect and set up all this furniture while is two best friends are in imminent peril.  Dude's probably got a few screws loose up there.  I'll agree that his sprite is... not great. XD
  :D  :D Screws loose HAHA... (i think its meth... I mean look how fast his dash is; inexcusable!!!)
I agree!!Cut the guy some slack... lets believe his design was the way it was because of his adept ability when using spellbooks making his sub-weapons beast mode.I feel like the excess bishonen-ness is because the more magical feminine side is dominant in his design.
On topic though, i would have to say my least favorite canon Belmont would Christopher. It angers me that i have never beat his first game, the rebirth all because it seems like gravity is his enemy>>> or maybe i am not nearly as good as i would like to be  :-\
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2013, 07:35:42 AM »
+1
I think is an analogy to Maxim's heart, Gaawa-chan, by acquiring all furnitures and putting them in the right place, its the same of Maxim resolving all his personal problems and doubts.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:41:19 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Briraka

• Hunter in Training
  • \m/
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2013, 06:22:47 PM »
While I don't outright dislike Juste, his design just seems like Kojima was having some sort of artist's block at the time.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2013, 06:26:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay while we suck your blood here.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 06:28:30 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Briraka

• Hunter in Training
  • \m/
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2013, 06:47:27 PM »
Why, thank you.  :)

btw, you guys wouldn't want my blood, it tastes like diabetes

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2013, 06:51:04 PM »
even better, I like sweet blood
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Briraka

• Hunter in Training
  • \m/
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2013, 07:05:04 PM »
i meant it's actually diabetic blood, might be a little to tart for you guys.

After thinking a bit, post SotN Richter is about on par with Juste for me. He gets mind controlled by Shaft and he's all "oh no. my bloodlines has now been stain'd". Solieyu got his mind screwed with by the dark lord himself, at the age of 14 no less, and continued the Belmont lineage.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2013, 07:18:19 PM »
That is called plot-hole. Unless they explain it.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2013, 02:35:41 AM »
+1
Leave it as a plot hole and let fan fiction fill the void since Konami would not fill it for you.

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2013, 05:29:43 AM »
While I don't outright dislike Juste, his design just seems like Kojima was having some sort of artist's block at the time.

Well it was part of an attempt by Konami to make a game that you wouldn't have to sit in direct sunlight to play on the original GBA. Which was CotM's biggest flaw.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 05:31:19 AM by Ratty »

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2013, 05:51:47 AM »
it definitely seems they ironed out the dimness from CotM, at the cost of lesser quality sound. but i still think HoD has some very memorable music. People knock Juste's power walk but then again, i can think of several belmonts who all walk different.... like every single one...
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2013, 10:30:30 AM »
+1
it definitely seems they ironed out the dimness from CotM, at the cost of lesser quality sound. but i still think HoD has some very memorable music. People knock Juste's power walk but then again, i can think of several belmonts who all walk different.... like every single one...

They made the color palette lighter at the expensive of atmosphere. This is a major reason HoD has aged poorly in comparison to the other two GBA titles imo, since we can now play those on a GBA SP or television where the darkness of the palette isn't an issue. And I think the tinny sound was a result of cramming in too many artistic details rather than the color selection, though I could be wrong. Either way I dislike HoD's soundtrack, along with the castle design and uh... most things about that game, but that's just me. I'm glad others enjoy it and to each their own.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:34:03 AM by Ratty »

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2013, 04:15:24 PM »
Hmm I like all the Belmonts, but if I had to choose my least favorite, I'd have to go with....Simon.Okay you can call me an heretic, but I've never quite understood why he's so loved. Okay he's been in a lot of games, but I find his personality less charismatic than Trevor.Besides I didn't play the games he was on till very late, so I just didn't feel the impact these games had on people who grew up with them. Juste is my second least favorite, and if he wasn't into decoration he would be my least favorite  ;D.
EDIT: Oh yeah I didn't say Gabriel, because I don't consider him a Belmont. Dracula can't be a Belmont!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 04:20:22 PM by Odile Kuronuma »

Tags:

anything