Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Least favorite (canon) Belmont?  (Read 39392 times)

Offline Sul_Yong

• Hunter in Training
  • Go ahead and laugh, this world's terrible enough.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2013, 07:02:00 AM »
hmm... I'd prolly say Christopher just cuz his is the only game I haven't played yet nor have the means to play it... Not to mention the willingness to do so...

As much as I didn't like Concerto, I can't hate Juste... He was the first (canon) Belmont I ever played as... I liked his story, personality, and playstyle... I also liked his design, tho it prolly should be updated... Just... As much as I try to enjoy that game... That... damn music... Hokkai kills me every time I play it...

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2013, 12:24:49 PM »
+2
You can play Castlevania: The Adventure Reborth for the Wii if you want a Christopher's game which you'll surely like.
It's ClassicVania at its best, a type of game that can't miss.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2013, 04:45:14 PM »
+1
"Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge" on the gameboy is also a great game featuring Christopher if you ever get a GB/GBC/GBA.

Offline Sul_Yong

• Hunter in Training
  • Go ahead and laugh, this world's terrible enough.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2013, 05:49:23 PM »
You recommend Rebirth? I should prolly go buy it before it gets taken off the wii virtual console to be moved to the wii u

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2013, 05:31:47 AM »
+1
question about rebirth; is jumping still a chore in this game? I'm talking about making sure he is damn near about to fall off the edge before you can clear certain jumps? I still have the original packed away somewhere but i dont believe ill be digging it up anytime soon. If they fixed that, then i will get it as well. My poor Wii is so crusty right now because i dont know of anyone playing Judgement anymore
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2013, 07:47:37 AM »
+1
question about rebirth; is jumping still a chore in this game? I'm talking about making sure he is damn near about to fall off the edge before you can clear certain jumps? I still have the original packed away somewhere but i dont believe ill be digging it up anytime soon. If they fixed that, then i will get it as well. My poor Wii is so crusty right now because i dont know of anyone playing Judgement anymore

It's a totally new game. It's the same story from the first Castlevania Adventure,but it plays like a Super Nintendo Castlevania. I say it's worth it. It's a fun game. The levels themselves change when you change difficulty settings, and if you hold the right button on the main menu, you get a level select for all the stages you've cleared.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2013, 11:28:55 AM »
+1
Indeed. It's a totally new game. One of my favourites ClassicVanias. If you want to enjoy it, play it on hard mode. Normal mode is Easy, and Easy mode is Super Easy. Choose Classic Style, also, so when you get hit you go backwards, as in old school CV's.
I didn't know about that trick for selecting stages. I will try it!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2013, 12:04:15 PM »
+1
Now that I know jumping isn't such a chore imma get this one tonight. Thanks guys!!
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2013, 02:48:43 PM »
+1
You're welcome, sire!  ;)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2013, 07:11:19 AM »
My least favorite belmont is easily Julius. His sprites are just so damn ugly.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2013, 07:23:10 AM »
My least favorite belmont is easily Julius. His sprites are just so damn ugly.

Even in AoS? :-/
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
Yeah. Even in AOS.

Something about him is just really lame to me.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2013, 10:23:55 PM »
But he is the strongest one, he just needs a game to prove it.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2013, 10:31:02 PM »
+1
Hehehe... I'm wondering when will we ever have that 1999 game?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2013, 11:41:35 PM »
Julius had a really strong Holy Cross attack in AoS, but they seriously dumbed it down (sound effects and graphics-wise too) in DoS making him much weaker then he should have been. Although at this point, without the 1999 game to reveal his full potential, Julius in my mind is still overshadowed by Richter Belmont on many levels.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: