Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Little things that make you happy  (Read 29401 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 11:54:43 PM »
+1
Do you play yu-gi-oh as well what kind of deck do you use?

I don't play yu-gi-oh. MTG is more than enough for me.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 06:48:06 AM »
+2
I like cooking for other people. It makes me very happy when i see them eating the food that i have prepared for them and smile back to me.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 07:24:35 AM »
+2
Opening a box of chocolates knowing that you do not have to share.  ;D

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2013, 08:19:15 AM »
+2
Cooking your favorite dish your mother used to make, for her, and having her say it's delicious.

I like cooking for other people. It makes me very happy when i see them eating the food that i have prepared for them and smile back to me.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2013, 10:52:26 AM »
+2
This happens to me with everything I bake.  Bonus: Usually I get 10-20 smiles out of one dessert. ;)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 07:20:04 AM »
+2
This happens to me with everything I bake.  Bonus: Usually I get 10-20 smiles out of one dessert. ;)
That happens to me everytime i make gumbo, beef stew, osso buco or any other slow cooked stew. If people could lick the pot, they would... Oh Wait it happened! \ (^^)/

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 03:17:31 AM »
+1
Nobody in my house eats my cooking. We all like completely different foods, so every man cooks for himself. Now, at my last place of employment my loaded red skinned mashed potatoes were a hit. With all this food talk I'm thinking of reviving my recipe thread; it's not been 5 months yet, so it's legal...hmmm...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:49:09 AM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 05:16:45 AM »
+1
With all this food talk I'm thinking of reviving my recipe thread; it's not been 5 months yet, so it's legal...hmmm...

Please revive it. I would like to try some new recipes. And i can share my recipes too.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2013, 06:48:29 AM »
+1
Please revive it. I would like to try some new recipes. And i can share my recipes too.

Done and done. I can't wait to see what you contribute! You sound like a fellow foodie. :3
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2013, 03:53:19 PM »
+1
Done and done. I can't wait to see what you contribute! You sound like a fellow foodie. :3

Thanks for reviving that thread! Yup, I love to eat and cook.
I'll get to that thread in a while.

Back on topic.
Seeing rainbows after a rain shower. There's a double plus if I spot a double rainbow!

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2013, 04:39:47 PM »
+1
When my hound dog burps. She does it fairly regularly, which is rare in for a dog in my personal experiences with them. It's so cute! I've not caught it on camera yet though, but fingers crossed.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2013, 04:59:38 PM »
+2
My parents' dogs do that all the time. It's not cute, but it's funny as hell. It's a freakin' full-on doggy burp. It's loud.

Speaking of dogs, some people I guess recently did a study on why dogs beg. Their theory was mutated wolf genetics or something -- some wolves became dependent on human scraps and mutated into begging dogs. I call bullcrap. The reason dogs beg is obvious: THEY'RE HUNGRY! Cat owners often just let the cat satiate itself, but if you feed a cat yourself it will beg and beg and beg and beg until you start contemplating testing your new blender on the damn runt.

Okay, this made me happy today just now: (old story but I never heard it)
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2004-08-18-beer-bear_x.htm
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:12:02 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 12:52:38 AM by Ratty »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013, 12:26:43 AM »
+1
Remembering someone's name after a long time of not seeing him/her.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2013, 09:54:16 AM »
"You've not experienced Shakespeare until you've read him in the original Klingon." - Canceler Gorkon, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything