Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania LoD 2D homebrew anyone?  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Archdemon

• Minion
  • Hunter in Training
  • bananas from pluto! nooooooooo!
    • Awards
Castlevania LoD 2D homebrew anyone?
« on: June 16, 2009, 04:44:08 PM »
hey, i was just wondering whether any of you'd be interested in an idea for a castlevania homebrew i'm thinkin up.
maybe its already been thought up, but anyway its Castlevania LoD ported to 2d, giving it the metroidvania style which i guess a lot of people missed. The music and everything will be remixed, and all the levels redesigned to make it more like one of the metroidvania titles.
So, you can see that its only experimental, but if anyone at all is interested, I need some people who are good at making sprites (around 50*50 px limit for human characters?), and general graphics, and maybe some people to make the remixes to cut development time.

so, anyway, at the moment i don't even have the spare time to be thinkin up random stuff like this, let alone making homebrews, but i just want a whole ton of ideas in advance, so when i do get around to it, i'll have a solid idea of what people like/dislike.

erm, and as a safeguard, if everyone totally disses this idea, can anyone suggest any other homebrews i could consider designing?

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 12:08:08 AM »
That sounds like a fun idea.  So you know, there's a whole message board devoted to talking about fan-made projects.

http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/forums/index.php?board=3.0

Offline Archdemon

• Minion
  • Hunter in Training
  • bananas from pluto! nooooooooo!
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania LoD 2D homebrew anyone?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 01:04:55 AM »
ah, thats just what i was lukin for, sorry if this is an inappropriate post or whateva.
i'll repost it there...

Tags: