Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Favorite Castlevania song EXCLUDING the following:  (Read 32398 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Favorite Castlevania song EXCLUDING the following:
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2012, 10:22:18 AM »
thanks.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2012, 10:26:55 AM »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2012, 10:43:39 AM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2012, 10:15:04 PM »
+1
(click to show/hide)

I definitely enjoy listening to 'Concert of another Dimension'. It's like a panic attack at the final league of the journey and you have to destroy big D or else all's lost.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:17:28 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Beaumont_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Haunted Pixels
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2012, 12:43:31 AM »
+2
I think mine is either Silence of Daylight or Calling from Heaven. I also really like Battle of the Holy from Adventure, and I used to have a really good metal cover of it somewhere. Haven't been able to find it for a while, though.
He's back! The man behind the mask!

Offline Little Mac

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2012, 03:26:30 PM »

Offline CircleBoi6

• Grand Cross!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2012, 09:04:09 PM »
I liked "Slash" and "Opposing Bloodlines" from RoB. I also liked "Mother Earth" (original & arranged) and "Etude to the Killer" (original) from CVC. I also liked "Nothing to Lose" from CV. I also liked "Festival of Souls" from SotN.

Offline Beaumont_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Haunted Pixels
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2012, 04:41:23 AM »
+1
I've got to ask, is it fandom heresy if I like Castlevania 64's version of Dance of Illusions best? I dig the Danny Elfman-esque wordless choir.
He's back! The man behind the mask!

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2012, 04:22:10 AM »
+1
I am quite mesmerized by Successor of Fate from Harmony of Dissonance. It is one of those tunes that's kind of hard to explain with words, but you (or at least, I) feel I know exactly where it's coming from and what it's trying to convey. I actually feel that way about a lot of Soshiro Hokkai's tracks, with Chapel of Dissonance being another big one. They're not just the ones from HoD, but also some he did for Aria of Sorrow. Tracks like Premonition aren't standard or straightforward sounding to me at all, and they really make me ponder about the compositions, not only from a technically musical point of view, but also an emotional one; such as what the composer was trying to get across with the tunes. Cantus Motetten from Order of Ecclesia, though not a Hokkai composition, also has this effect on me, as does Serenade of the Hearth a bit. I feel that Sarabande of Healing from Curse of Darkness is also an incredibly powerful and lovely piece. It blends absolutely perfectly with the visuals from Julia's shop

lilshann

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2012, 11:44:54 AM »
+1
I like The silence of the daylight from Simon's Quest.... :)

Offline RegalX7

• !?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2012, 12:01:51 AM »
+1
Dusk's Holy Mark/Empty Tome from Order Of Ecclesia.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2012, 06:08:38 PM »
+1
It´s a really difficult decision, but I wont hesitate with my always favorite song: Clockwork from CV3 (among the CotM and Judgment ones :P).
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Camelslayer

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2012, 01:51:49 AM »
Oh god. So many. Especially from Curse of Darkness.

Tocatta into Blood-Soaked Darkness is probably one of my favorite boss themes ever.

Legendary Belmondo... simply epic.

Legion and Nuculais... again, simply epic.

Then there's Room of Close Associates. I'm not sure how to describe why I like this one so much...

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2012, 09:55:52 AM »
+1
I don't count any of the aforementioned songs among my favourites, anyway. Well, perhaps Theme of Simon. But! Some utter darlings:

Forest of Monsters, out of many, many sublime pieces from Super Castlevania IV. There's a strong air of meditative mystery to it, as well as a distinct sense of melancholy. A very good, active bassline offers contrast and structure to the ponderous atmosphere. I love it for its subtlety and understatedness, without falling into the mundane.

Dance of Gold, from Symphony of the Night. The grandeur of this track is palpable. It's not an empty, vacuous sort of majesty either, but a supremely confident display of sweeping motifs; the highs and the lows. The composition is allowed to breathe, and it's not chained down by a mandated action backbeat like some later Yamane tracks. It is the classiest.

Praying Hands, from Belmont's Revenge. The progressive, unfolding nature of the song is spellbinding. To be able to command such an expansive array of emotions with such limited tools speaks of some kind of genius. The intro alone has more compositional merit than the series has witnessed in years.

Moon Fight, from Castlevania Chronicles. The track and related soundtrack were already good, but Fujimori made them shine, bless his synth-humping soul. The instrumentation, then, is the main event here, with the tremendous slap bass stealing the spotlight quite effortlessly. It wasn't lost on the author either, as it's granted a fantastic solo moment towards the end of the song.

Old Enemy, from Harmony of Dissonance. The percussion is absolutely bonkers. It retains at the very least the initial breakneck pace throughout, but just as you think you've become accustomed to it, there's a sudden rise in the intensity of the rolls. It's genuinely alarming if it catches you off-guard, and kind of too good for the boss fight it accompanies.

Aria of Nightmare. Lament of Innocence always struck me as an introspective, rather solitary experience. The nocturnal setting amidst the woods has something to do with it, I guess. Anyway, since that is the prevailing mood I associate it with in my mind, I tend to treasure the songs that reflect that particular atmosphere. Aria is incredibly effective as an exercise in spooky minimalistic ambience, and refreshing amongst the (similarly good) lavish melodies of its compatriots.

Those are kind of in a descending order. At least, listed in the sequence I thought of them. Of course, I thought of more still, but, well.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2013, 05:22:21 AM »
its without a shadow of a doubt Nathan Graves Theme. His voice tied into each note with every swing of the Vamp' Killer.
i also like the Successor Track in HoD. I feel when i hear this in the game, Juste should only be backdashing  :D
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Tags:

anything