Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: movies that suck but you still enjoy  (Read 3557 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: May 13, 2014, 04:55:11 PM »
mirror topic i made :*

dragon ball evolution: wow this movie is bad, just terrible & only borrows a couple of aspects from dragon ball. but every time it comes on, i'm compelled to watch it. it just makes me laugh at how bad it is, that i don't mind watching it

batman & robin: this one is infamous, but its campyness makes me smile :)

street fighter/the legend of chun li: the first film was super bad but i still dont mind watching it. legend of chun li is slightly better, but its still pretty bad. but i still will watch it whenever its on tv

space jam: do i really need to explain this one?

star wars prequel trilogy: yup, they suck. but i still enjoy them  :D

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 05:13:18 PM »
Van Helsing - It's just a goofy monster movie, like The Mummy, and I just enjoy it. (Has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with my Castlevania fanboyism, however.  ;))

Clash of the Titans (2010) - Again, same reasons.

"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 05:44:24 PM »
Daredevil

Predator 2

Eraser (just for the scene where Arnie comes out with not one but TWO railguns)

Judge Dredd

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 10:42:03 PM »
Street Fighter is a great example of an awful movie that's highly entertaining. I love it. Unlike Super Mario Bros., Mortal Kombat, and probably every other video game-based movie from the '90s, this one is actually watchable.

Sledgehammer is a really bad slasher movie. Shot-on-video (supposedly the first of its kind in the horror field), no-budget (and I mean NO budget—it was mostly filmed in the same apartment), moronic acting, and several slow-motion scenes of nothing just to kill running time, and truthfully I thought it was dreadful when watching alone—but some scenes stuck with me, so I showed it to my friends, and it was a treat with a crowd. It has this loudly pulsating synth score that's actually quite cool, and some ambitious camera work and surrealism that make it worth seeing. Truly a bad movie, but a fun one with friends, and Harrison Baules is one of the names in the end credits.

Sledgehammer (1983)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 10:49:46 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 11:52:26 PM »
Good Burger

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 06:20:46 AM »
Queen of the Damned.  It barely resembles the books it's based off (Queen of the Damned, with some of The Vampire Lestat thrown in), the acting in it is pretty lousy, but it's still somehow fun, as long as you pretend you know nothing about the books, and take it as a super-long music video.  The music is good.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 08:28:38 AM »
Rambo III. Just...Rambo III. Even if you've never seen it you already know it's going to be bad, but dearest lord do I love it.

I also love Iron Eagle, a film so dumb even the US Air Force wouldn't support it (keep in mind the US military will support the dumbest of films, like the Bayformers movies.) It's a dumb 'boy's own adventure' film where like a 16-year-old kid has to save his father from Unnamed Sinister Middle Eastern Country, ruled by Evil Sheik. The kid goes in flying with an F-16. Yeah.

He also fights the Evil Sheik in an air-to-air duel and it's the most embarrassing and glorious thing. And of course the soundtrack is hair metal. But man oh man does it remind me of the stuff I use to imagine when I was a kid and playing with Micro Machines.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 09:50:02 AM »
+1
Rambo III. Just...Rambo III. Even if you've never seen it you already know it's going to be bad, but dearest lord do I love it.

I also love Iron Eagle, a film so dumb even the US Air Force wouldn't support it (keep in mind the US military will support the dumbest of films, like the Bayformers movies.) It's a dumb 'boy's own adventure' film where like a 16-year-old kid has to save his father from Unnamed Sinister Middle Eastern Country, ruled by Evil Sheik. The kid goes in flying with an F-16. Yeah.

He also fights the Evil Sheik in an air-to-air duel and it's the most embarrassing and glorious thing. And of course the soundtrack is hair metal. But man oh man does it remind me of the stuff I use to imagine when I was a kid and playing with Micro Machines.

Those are two of my favorite movies as well! I actually own the limited release of Iron Eagle's 'Old Enough to Rock & Role' by artist Rainey Haynes. The song was never released for the sound track as were some of the other tunes unfortunately. (which was stupid of the record companies. I had to wait decades before a fan petition got together and wanted a release of her song. She saw the petition and made the effort to please her fans.  :D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:55:31 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 04:13:29 PM »
The Guyver 1 & 2

Howard The Duck

Fist of the North Star (Live Action)

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 05:58:36 PM »
Yeah ironic that someone said Dragonball z movie sucked..it was pretty bad. The acting was like..bwaha..   If i have to say their are some underated movies that i think flopped at the box office that did great in video sales. Their are 2 that come to mind...and probalby many more.

1. Monster Squad  and 2. Super Mario Bros. the movie..

For one thing Monster Squad i think just came out at a bad time..probalby around Goonies or something..the 80's movies were booming with new features..But that movie  was pretty bad ass imho. I liked the whole van helsing theme. Prettty neat for a somewhat kids movie back in the day. And Mario Bros the movie..while it had nothing what so ever to do with the game..It was friggin' awesome.> My Dad and Niece both love the movie..i think she said other than harry potters that is her next favorite.. It's a pretty kick ass storyline i will admit.. Dont know why these movies weren't as popular back in the day..it's weird how that happens.

I just remmeber video game movies often didnt do so hot. Mortal Kombat kicked ass. imo..not STreet FIghter for some reason...it was way to cliche and way to Guile oriented..while Ken and Ryu seemed like they were just their..I dunno. Mortal Kombat 2 though was God awful. All i rmember is that Lui Kang cried every 5 min, Johny cage dies in 2 seconds to Shao Kahn, and well...i wanna say..baraka's entrance into the move was bascially his death if i rembmer correclty..He dies in like 2 seconds too..wicked lame death.. Alls i remember... Can't imagine they made a 3rd one..

I seen someone mention Van helsing  ..was really cool too..but seemed to leave off details..  The ending was really weird too..he see's her portrait in the cloud or something weird lvoed the werewolf/vampire theme. You know they must have gotten Underworld movies from that idea(maybe even twilight saga) i would doubt it anyways.. But yeah..those movies were more awesome then they get toted for some times! 

What about that movie the Gate..where the kid opens some portal to hell in his backyard witha heavy metal album. That was a weird movie but pretty kick ass from what i remmeber!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 11:29:31 PM »
I think the reason why Mortal Kombat 2 Annihilation did so bad was that they crammed why too much into one movie rather then sticking with the flow that was of the games. That, and they killed off Johnny Cage how was actually a pretty decent and funny character, but only after his short-lived ego fell of the face of the earth in the first part of the first film.

A guilty pleasure of mine is Superman IV. Yeah, you heard right. The movie, while being the most terrible of the whole set I found the Nuclear Man concept fascinating. Why this movie ended up being so terrible in the first place was the stupidity of WB at the time. They were in a tight financial bind and they needed the funds to avoid bankruptcy. So what did they do? They took the Superman IV budget of roughly 44 million and slashed it down to 11 million. Next, after the first showing of the film several key scenes were removed including the scenes that features Nuclear Man's prototype construct, who fought superman and then disintegrated. Needless to say Lex Luthor learned from this and applied the 'Nuclear Misslie carrying the genetic stew into the sun' bit. This finalized Nuclear Man 2 which was far more genetically stable, superior, and an all-around badass 80's villain, even if he was simple-minded.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline K.K. Drunkinski

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 01:50:21 AM »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 04:04:06 AM »
I don't know why but if "The Core" is on, I'm compelled to watch it, even though I know it's bad. xD
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 11:00:10 PM »
I like the Mario Bros. movie.

Tags:

anything