Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Godzilla Sequel in the works  (Read 3441 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: May 19, 2014, 01:38:30 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MrBlackJack/news/?a=100332

I hope they put in some of Godzilla's more traditional enemies than those MUTOs.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 02:32:04 AM »
+1
King Gidorah or bust!

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 07:10:03 AM »
King Ghidorah is my favorite, but I'd love it if they could bring in Gigan to. They could bring in King Ghidorah then have Mecha King Ghidorah in the 3rd movie @o@ ! But they'd probably think it'd be too silly for the mass market.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 09:54:48 AM »
Wow! That image of Godzilla's tail is huge. This might just only be me but I wouldn't mind seeing Godzilla face off against humanity's greatest evil; Cthulhu. It is possible to classify Cthulhu as a Kaiju considering it's immense size (stands miles high), and it's looks as well (body of a man, scales and wings of a dragon, and the head of an octopus). Just a tiny bit of Lovecraftian lore would give Godzilla some new playmates as the others are pretty much black & blue by now ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 10:56:27 AM »
Saw the movie, it was okay. The battles were great but there was a ton of boring "I LOOOOOOOVE YOUUUU!" scenes between Hero Guy and his wife.
Nobody cares about human characters, you'd think they would have learned this from the insufferable Transformers films.

Offline ganonfloyd

• Hunter in Training
  • Listen without distraction.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 01:20:14 PM »
Let's go SpaceGodzilla!

I'll settle for anything though as long as they don't jump to the MechaGodzilla ship too soon.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 11:17:20 PM »
Saw the movie, it was okay. The battles were great but there was a ton of boring "I LOOOOOOOVE YOUUUU!" scenes between Hero Guy and his wife.
Nobody cares about human characters, you'd think they would have learned this from the insufferable Transformers films.

Yay. Someone is with me. You can read my short review of the movie here.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 11:40:30 PM »
I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on the new Godzilla movie

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 07:42:23 PM »
I thought the movie was nearly perfect very befitting of the 60th anniversary of the franchise. It reminded me very much of the 1954 film while still having some of the awesomeness of the later films in the series. Admittedly, I went into it with the memory of Zilla '98 still festering in my mind so my expectations were reigned in. I hear people complaining about the human parts are boring or that the military parts were stupid. Well, duh. This is a proper Godzilla movie and that is part of it especially in the earlier days.
"Stuff and things."

Offline ganonfloyd

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 08:53:46 PM »
Saw it a second time to see if it held up after my initial "oh god a new godzilla in theaters yes yes yes" factor went down. I still really enjoyed it. I think the best thing that can come from this is more awareness of the franchise. Maybe Toho will get another one together soon. At the very least I know there's a new Gamera movie that's supposed to be coming out in 2015 and one can never have too much Gamera.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 10:37:42 PM »
I am so for Ghidorah in a sequel.

Saw it a second time to see if it held up after my initial "oh god a new godzilla in theaters yes yes yes" factor went down. I still really enjoyed it.

Same. I just wish the final battle hadn't been so damn dark. I didn't enjoy it as much as I should because I was squinting half the time.

Offline ganonfloyd

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 07:16:52 AM »
I am for Ghidorah in all things.

Tags:

anything