Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Pancakes anyone?  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« on: September 18, 2013, 08:07:16 PM »
http://nypost.com/2013/09/18/mystery-maple-syrup-smell-returns-to-nyc/

The strange and sickly sweet smell of Maple syrup wafted through the air in Manhattan Wednesday morning and the culprit in similar mysteries in the past is refusing to comment on whether it’s coming from their New Jersey plant.

A woman who answered the phone at Frutarom in North Bergen said the company, one of the world’s largest fragrance and flavor makers, has no spokesperson and no one there would take any inquiries about the Maple syrup smell.

“We’re not commenting on that,” the unidentified employee said.

Since 2005, New Yorkers have complained of the smell from time to time and Mayor Michael Bloomberg once identified the factory as the cause.

This brings me back to the days when I worked for a local township nearby my old apartment. People in one town kept complaining about a stench of honey. It was coming from a factory that made beeswax or something. The thing that gets me about this article is that it makes it seem like its all throughout NYC. If that's the case it must be a pretty powerful smell.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 08:42:52 PM »
The thing that gets me about this article is how incompetent they are, since the mayor should have sent people to see what is wrong in this factory since the beginning.

“We’re not commenting on that,” your ass, that only proves that something is wrong there, since they dont even tried to give a excuse or say that "everything was okay".
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything