Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274139 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #570 on: September 07, 2014, 05:52:12 PM »
Dracula' Castle is stated to be in Austria

I don't know if it's supposed to be Dracula's castle. I'd say it most likely belongs to Carmilla's family; Castle Karnstein. Here's what I found on the subject;

Carmilla was born into the aristocratic Karnstein family in 17th Century Austria.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #571 on: September 07, 2014, 07:47:53 PM »
I don't know if it's supposed to be Dracula's castle. I'd say it most likely belongs to Carmilla's family; Castle Karnstein. Here's what I found on the subject;

Carmilla was born into the aristocratic Karnstein family in 17th Century Austria.

I'd say you're probably correct http://www.castlevaniacrypt.com/games/cotm/images/manual/gba/3.jpg
It's never explicitly stated to be Dracula's Castle.
In the original CV universe, Dracula only seems to resurrect with his Castle, hence why this is not part of the Canon.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #572 on: September 07, 2014, 11:38:28 PM »
Actually there is another title (official canon game) where Dracula was resurrected in another castle that was not castlevania. Castle Proserpina which belonged to Elizabeth Bartly (or Bathory). I think Dracula can be resurrected anywhere. It's just almost all the time it happens in Castlevania. Maybe only a blood-relative can bring Dracula back to life without relying on his castle (or native soil) for help.

Sorry about side-tracking the thread guys, but this conversation was getting interesting LOL!
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #573 on: September 08, 2014, 03:23:53 PM »
Actually there is another title (official canon game) where Dracula was resurrected in another castle that was not castlevania. Castle Proserpina which belonged to Elizabeth Bartly (or Bathory). I think Dracula can be resurrected anywhere. It's just almost all the time it happens in Castlevania. Maybe only a blood-relative can bring Dracula back to life without relying on his castle (or native soil) for help.

Sorry about side-tracking the thread guys, but this conversation was getting interesting LOL!

Oh right, this was Bloodlines? If so, it did expand on the CV canon quite boldly, so it doesn't surprise me. 
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #574 on: September 08, 2014, 06:16:31 PM »
+1

LOL let it get as interesting as you guys want it to!  No complaints here dude  8) Time to drop an actual update for once lol.  Things are going VERY smoothly.  For a bit i got so frustrated with the nit picking that it got boring to me so i had to let it alone for a bit and work on the "refining" of the big finale.  You guys are in store for some shit you'd NEVER see coming, it really adds to the big climax to the game and shows why Trevor was the "first" ( at least in the original canon) to be able to defeat Dracula.  As for game completion, im going to be adding or at least attempt to be adding a boss rush mode.  I've got a few ideas for a reward but one that came to mind and IMHO is pretty cool and could be fun for replay value would be to if you complete the boss rush under a certain condition, you unlock a classic mode, that has the original NES versions of the heroes, but in this mode they will be pumped up stronger than the main game.  Since the moves will be limited to the original counterparts it only makes sense to make them stronger and this would also add a sort of fun/nostalgia to the game itself as i whole i think.  If anyone has any better ideas (other than just replaying the game the same way as a "hidden" character) please PM me your thoughts and we'll shoot it out.  As for the overall progress, i've found a way to clean up a huge bug i couldn't squash in my code for the death and game overs, one that will save me TONS of time in the end, so that's a huge plus haha.  Im going about it the smart way now; playing each individual stage and pin pointing the issues and correcting them before going any further.  Right now, im up to the swamp and i've only been working on this in this way since last night so needless to say im running VERY smoothly and quickly now so check back soon, more updates to come enlew pf the beta release  ;D
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #575 on: September 09, 2014, 02:05:24 AM »
Congrats BMC_War Machine! Nice to hear that whatever got you stumped is now under the hammer pf 'Persistence', lol. Nothing more annoying then bugs.

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #576 on: September 09, 2014, 06:56:04 AM »
Excellent progress, BMC!! That Gameover bug WAS really annoying!!!

About this Unlockabe Classic mode.... MAAAAN, This is awesome!! really awesome!!! certainly it will add a Replay value!!
I'll definitely finish All modes just to play this classic mode!!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #577 on: September 09, 2014, 01:30:18 PM »
Hahaha thanks buddy ;D I was hoping I wasnt the only one liking the classic mode idea lol.  Im not going to slot a release date because everytime I do it falls through, but I will say that if I dont hit any snags in the polishing process itll be ready REAL soon  ;D

Offline eryson

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #578 on: September 14, 2014, 04:50:06 PM »
+1
Hey man ,definitively im not the only one who will like the Classic mode idea! because this will be really awesome!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #579 on: September 17, 2014, 04:03:20 PM »
Haha, thanks eryson  8) There have been several comments pulling for this to happen as well (PM's and advertisement on another forum (non game related lol))

Okay folks, the beta release should be ready by no later than 10/1  ;D ;D ;D
Also, while the beta testers are doing their thing, i'll be remastering the OST again, i've found some new ways to improve tracks/new ideas/new music gear etc so i'll be working on it while i wait for the beta testers to complete the game. 

For now though, here's a couple new cleaned up tracks  8)
A Call to Arms - Beginning:
https://soundcloud.com/matt-thompson-144/a-call-to-arms-beginning

No Man's Land - Riddle:
https://soundcloud.com/matt-thompson-144/no-mans-land-riddle
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:12:42 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #580 on: September 17, 2014, 04:16:54 PM »
+1
That is fantastic news!  ;D The tracks are great by the way.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #581 on: September 17, 2014, 04:44:09 PM »
Thanks dude!  ;D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #582 on: September 17, 2014, 06:14:53 PM »
+1
Nice tracks! I like how they remain true to their original counterparts and are not overly guitar-heavy as is the case with other fan remixes.  ;)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #583 on: September 17, 2014, 06:27:39 PM »
Thanks man!  Yeah, that's how they were originally until i found a symphony program to use with my recording program and then it ALL changed lol.  That along with the fact that i've learned to record MUCH smoother than what i used to as well ha!

Offline eryson

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #584 on: September 18, 2014, 05:36:44 PM »
+1
MAN! :o You have made a great improvement there!!! This "Call to arms" version is a LOT different of the original, and what caught my attention (a lot) is that 2:27 part of this, its really Deep-sorrowful, What, combined with the Rainy night of the stage, make a sad and deep atmosphere!! I liked this very much !!

One thing I really loved is how the soundtrack of this game evolved of the Old, simple and good Rock for a Powerful Symphonic Black metal!!! its really amazing!!

I was not caring about an release date before, but now i cant wait to get my hands in this game!! keep awesome as aways!!

Tags: