Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mario Kart 8 - Let's get some Racin' Goin'  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Mario Kart 8 - Let's get some Racin' Goin'
« on: June 03, 2014, 02:40:46 PM »
Let's get a game going sometime, guyz.
The game's pretty awesome (though its Anti-Gravity mechanics make me yearn for a new F-Zero game dammitall).

Look for me on NintendoNetwork (JorgeDF).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
Re: Mario Kart 8 - Let's get some Racin' Goin'
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 07:38:59 AM »
My sister got this game for my niece.

I can't believe that they took an age old formula and somehow made it BETTER!

So many new little tricks too kept me interested for a while!
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 09:02:33 AM »
Make sure you register the game voucher inside the box with Nintendo Network.  You get another game for FREE by doing that!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 08:19:41 PM »
I can't believe that they took an age old formula and somehow made it BETTER!

Seriously!  My first Mario Kart was on the 64 (didn't know the SNES one existed until after playing 64) and I loved it!!  All of the other Mario Kart games felt...disappointing.  I just didn't like them as much (save SNES, but I love retro stuff like that).  But Mario Kart 8?!  It's like playing the 64 game again...fun and exciting!

I should start messing with the online stuff soon and figure that out.  I'd assume you can somehow hook-up with friends and play?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 05:56:38 AM »
Yeah you can set up a private room and have people 'join you' in your room.
Private rooms have voice-chat between races.  You talk near the Gamepad's microphone to engage.

However, if you wanna have some fun with friends but still have strangers online racing, then just join a buddy that's already racing.  You'll join up in the next available race and see them, while at the same time still being able to race other strangers.
There's no voice-chat in this mode, however.
You must obey Da Rulez!

anything