Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1058580 times)

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Reply #1425 on: January 11, 2015, 10:33:52 PM »
in castlevania fighter appears carmilla, but I do not know who made the sprite, you should check with them and ask permission, but i dont know that concept carmilla want to use, as she wears a pink dress, but if you want to make a more gothic style, as the girl in the picture, is also very good idea would be a new concept, I could help with a sprite base, but only to give an idea, since I'm not long on pc  :P

I think the Carmilla I'm requesting is not the same character from the actual Castlevania game but a different 'adaption' all together that still uses it's basis on Sheridan Le Fanu's novel well just like for another example would be a particular web series floating around with their own adaption of it...

And also remember she's also a playable character not a boss and I think you could use Stella as a sprite base or maybe creating a new one.

Of course her game play would play alot like or similar to Alucard from Symphony of the Night but except she's a actual vampire not a dhampyr therefore she's probably more powerful (rather her power increases overtime after going through the castle...) which I could imagine we get to access alot of the vampire powers that Dracula uses (well especially turning into a swarm of bats, shooting fireballs, having her own badass demon form which maybe could be more 'feminine' etc) making her 'his equal' sort to speak if not maybe even more powerful since she's a character who existed or written long before Dracula was in symbolic 'fringe brilliance' terms.

You know I was thinking that maybe Carmilla and Dracula are 'rivals' which they have opposing views which Dracula wants to destroy all humans over loosing his mortal wife, while Carmilla who has more common sense than Dracula and unlike him, she sees humans as very important source for feeding, but still sees them as equals especially since being potentials for future vampires if they really want it or worthy of it. '

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 10:48:22 PM by Zydalc »

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1426 on: January 12, 2015, 10:57:45 AM »
Hope to finish this sprites soon, for Desmond im going to make the same walk and running from Richter since I want a feeling of a Belmont, that walk its a good feelin I think.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1427 on: January 12, 2015, 04:25:43 PM »
in castlevania fighter appears carmilla, but I do not know who made the sprite, you should check with them and ask permission, but i dont know that concept carmilla want to use, as she wears a pink dress, but if you want to make a more gothic style, as the girl in the picture, is also very good idea would be a new concept, I could help with a sprite base, but only to give an idea, since I'm not long on pc  :P

I think Jorge made those sprites.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1428 on: January 13, 2015, 01:19:42 PM »
The CVFighter Carmilla?  I don't think I made 'em, at least not the full sprite.
I believe Serio did most of the set, himself.  Not sure, though.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1429 on: January 13, 2015, 05:11:19 PM »
Serio's CV Fighter motivated me to try re-draw/edit/make new sprites in the SoTN style.

Thought it'd be fun to see the Contra Hard Corps easter egg boss in this fashion, I added my own take on what he'd look like in more detail, specifically the head.

I've scrounged around the net for Fan-made SoTN Richter sprites and maybe I haven't looked hard enough but I hadn't seen many attempts to take the single sprite Konami themselves made of SoTN Richter and expand it for all his animations.
I've seen these

but I'm not sure who they belong to or if they're from a completed source.

Here's my attempt, only using the first frame of Konami's Richter, the rest I made following Serio's work as a guide and my own intuition referencing other CV sprites.

Those sprites look hella aesome! Also, does anyone have rips of Ethan from Castlevania: The Blood Way?
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1430 on: January 18, 2015, 12:50:54 AM »
I think I have a another request....What about Dracula in his "Armor" form? Similar to his Red armor from the Francis Cord Coppola film even though there's already sprites of that in the SNES game but I was wondering if anyone could animate that more.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1431 on: January 19, 2015, 10:39:42 AM »
  Just wondering, are these sprites Public Domain? If not, I will remove them.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1432 on: January 19, 2015, 08:28:26 PM »
This is somethin Ive worked on the the past 2 days for a few hours. So far I really like it for the most part. I want to do somethin with the underneath the trees area but the palette Im using is makin it hard for me to do some subtle tree trunks in the background. Im open to suggestions! Let me know what you think! The top one is x2 size. Id prolly want it to be x4 for a game

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1433 on: January 20, 2015, 08:59:42 AM »
This is somethin Ive worked on the the past 2 days for a few hours. So far I really like it for the most part. I want to do somethin with the underneath the trees area but the palette Im using is makin it hard for me to do some subtle tree trunks in the background. Im open to suggestions! Let me know what you think! The top one is x2 size. Id prolly want it to be x4 for a game

Pretty solid work!

Did you enter this month's sprite contest?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1434 on: January 20, 2015, 05:08:43 PM »
I changed the trees some more to try to give more separation between them to actually make em individual trees. I cleaned up the leaf edge tiles and have been playin with pixel effects for the game sized... size

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1435 on: January 20, 2015, 06:18:30 PM »

I dont know why I make this:

Dont plan to edit this or make animation so dont make critics of this:

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1436 on: January 20, 2015, 06:55:14 PM »

I dont know why I make this:

Dont plan to edit this or make animation so dont make critics of this:

Your shading lacks depth.

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1437 on: January 20, 2015, 07:14:29 PM »

Yep this is close what I'm suggesting here...

Of course alternatively you could also have Dracula wield a Kilij sword as a another variation well according to Deadliest Warrior it was wielded by the historical Vlad Tepes.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:52:38 AM by Zydalc »

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1438 on: January 25, 2015, 12:05:50 PM »
   Richter Ballmont. I think it turned out pretty good.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1439 on: January 25, 2015, 01:48:42 PM »
Not bad at all, but I would consider making the heels on his boots wider. It kinda looks like he's wearing stilettos.
"Stuff and things."

anything