Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1058681 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1440 on: January 25, 2015, 01:59:35 PM »
Not bad at all, but I would consider making the heels on his boots wider. It kinda looks like he's wearing stilettos.

That's kind of impossible without making them too thick.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1441 on: January 26, 2015, 05:01:35 AM »
I have a request!
I need 2 sprites for my Firebrand engine. Hopefully someone can give me a hand with this.
I'm giving the dash ability to Firebrand's base form and adding a new dive attack. So...

I need a version of this:

To match this:

The other one I need is a custom dive & claw rake attack animation to fit with these:

The way I'm programming the dive attack is that at any time that you are hovering or flying if you press the special attack button Firebrand will dive down steeply while moving slightly forwards while baring his talons and then slashing with them at the end of the animation. If he reaches the ground I'm put him into the landing state or if not he will go back to hovering.
So I would need at least 2 frames. 1 for the dive with bared talons and wings in dive position. 2 for the actual attack at the end.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 05:12:42 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1442 on: January 26, 2015, 07:13:48 AM »
I need a version of this:

To match this:

Like this?

I hope I understand what you need XD

Later im going to put the wings, for now I want to know if Im going to the right way and I think need little touch in some parts but its good I think.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1443 on: January 27, 2015, 01:40:41 AM »
Awesome! Thanks a lot!  ;D
That's just what I needed.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1444 on: January 27, 2015, 03:42:54 AM »
Heres another little look at what Ive been messin around with. This isnt 100% finished cause its missing a few tiles mostly the variations in the normal wall. I just didnt feel like goin back and pasting in dozens of slightly different tiles in my working example pic I do. I dont whip these up just to show ppl I make them as I make the tiles to see how it all looks in use then just keep em cause I like em lol

theres still some tweaking to do to some of the smaller details but overall Im pretty happy with how this turned out and I moved on into the next room with the mermen lastnight. The stair layout isnt how it will look in use either because Ive gone for sotn style stairs vs classic castlevania ones

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1445 on: January 27, 2015, 07:58:18 AM »
So I made 2 version of the dash:

A

B

I like the B version

I have to try to do the dive or someone else is doing that?

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1446 on: February 05, 2015, 08:43:20 PM »
Nother pic of my cv1 stuff. This is the room in stage 1 with the mermen. Its turned out pretty ok I think. This is my normal quick paste version while I make the tiles so it doesnt have any of the variant tiles to make it look less tiled

Big one is 300x and small one is 100x. Its 800x ingame.

And heres my very first posted pic of an ingame shot. This is a more refined version of the entrance from the earlier pic

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1447 on: February 06, 2015, 01:30:25 PM »
Nice. But don't use the program itself to scale up the game. Have the graphics already scaled up, or else you'll have some pixel problems.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #1448 on: February 06, 2015, 01:35:52 PM »
they are. I make em in 1x and then resize em to 8x and import em into the game

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1449 on: February 06, 2015, 04:54:41 PM »
what's up with the pixel sizing in the background in the left window?

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #1450 on: February 06, 2015, 06:12:19 PM »
Im not sure what ya mean? How they dont line up right vertically? Probably my placement of the backgrounds y. Thats all I see and I had to zoom in to 3x to see that in the ingame shot. Ive never noticed it while playing

EDIT: I just checked and I had it off by 4 pixels in the y direction for the backgrounds. I fixed it and took another pic. You still see any oddness with it?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 06:16:13 PM by Aridale »

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1451 on: February 06, 2015, 08:46:54 PM »
Im not sure what ya mean? How they dont line up right vertically? Probably my placement of the backgrounds y. Thats all I see and I had to zoom in to 3x to see that in the ingame shot. Ive never noticed it while playing

EDIT: I just checked and I had it off by 4 pixels in the y direction for the backgrounds. I fixed it and took another pic. You still see any oddness with it?

Nope. All now is depth.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1452 on: February 13, 2015, 11:32:37 AM »

I still need to change the idle of Desmond.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1453 on: February 22, 2015, 08:57:12 AM »
Some one is doing something in special? I finally decide to make my self in sprites and thinking what to do next:

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1454 on: February 22, 2015, 10:43:08 AM »
OMG, is that Pusheen Belmont? Too cute!

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44