Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Who graduated from CVD in 2000-2004?  (Read 14129 times)

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 10:34:38 PM »
I still drop in once in a blue to glance CVDF's pulse and, on fumes, phone in a response to something relevant, but if nothing else you can almost bank on an annual mid-July appearance for the traditional wink. 

After launching my first dotcom in 2006 I held on to being an active member of the online CV Fandom until Life's other priorities pulled me away for good about a decade ago.  A little more recently there came a second dotcom I haven't done a damn thing with . . .   

These years I'm finding myself in a challenging place where I struggle to keep my creative mentality on target.  In the very least, I also happen to be in a world where Slogra appears in a cartoon about CastleVania III, so life is still beautiful.   8) 8) 8)

P.S. Ravereap is still a badass and Docpan remains missed. 

Offline Bengr Hausve

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 04:03:06 PM »
Hey, Romo! Still a Sloggy fan?  :) Bloodreign, Raven Reaper and CV Attic days were great! I hope RR is doing fine. Loved you, Midnighter, Masta Ace and Raven Reaper on CVA. Succubus and I had a spat in circa 2003 if I remember correctly.  ;D I don't remember the details, anymore. But then again, who didn't have a spat with me in those days. I was just learning English and possibly came off as a troglodyte for many back then, so I can't blame anyone. It really helped me with my English, though. I spent a year in ICVD jail for rubbing people the wrong way back then. Yes, 365 days. And then I served my time and everyone was nice to me, after that.  :D Hey, Jerkofwonder! 8) Outside Toru from Japan, who was the Swedish kid who also had a Phantasy Star avatar? Oh, and where is Tweeter?
P.S. Eric: Docpan and Anapan. What was the difference between these two usernames?

Also, I made us all some wall meat, if lightning strikes
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 04:17:23 PM by Bengr Hausve »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2018, 10:05:59 PM »
What, no mention of ACTRESS? Had a nice pencil-sketched avatar too  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Bengr Hausve

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 08:41:12 AM »
...who was the Swedish kid who also had a Phantasy Star avatar?

Shelverton! Yup, that was his user name.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 01:39:11 AM »
Paavo! :glomps:

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Bengr Hausve

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 03:02:41 PM »
Where is A-Yty?  ;D

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2018, 06:58:04 AM »
Hey, Romo! Still a Sloggy fan?  :) Bloodreign, Raven Reaper and CV Attic days were great! I hope RR is doing fine. Loved you, Midnighter, Masta Ace and Raven Reaper on CVA. Succubus and I had a spat in circa 2003 if I remember correctly.  ;D I don't remember the details, anymore. But then again, who didn't have a spat with me in those days. I was just learning English and possibly came off as a troglodyte for many back then, so I can't blame anyone. It really helped me with my English, though. I spent a year in ICVD jail for rubbing people the wrong way back then. Yes, 365 days. And then I served my time and everyone was nice to me, after that.  :D Hey, Jerkofwonder! 8) Outside Toru from Japan, who was the Swedish kid who also had a Phantasy Star avatar? Oh, and where is Tweeter?
P.S. Eric: Docpan and Anapan. What was the difference between these two usernames?

Also, I made us all some wall meat, if lightning strikes

No love for Castlevania Repertoire? lol
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2019, 12:57:09 AM »
I was part of CVD starting either 1999, 2000 or 2001. My username was likely either N0-Name, or Oblivion.
It's been so long. All I really remember at this point is that I was also frequenting The Mega Man Outpost, which is now The Mega Man Network.

In-between then and now I was also Insanitist.

I remember you Paavo, and Jerkofwonder. I also remember Diplocephalus by namesake.
Shelverton is still on HG101 last I checked. Admittedly that was a few years ago.
Edit: I see now in the screenshot Shelverton hardly left. My bad; it's late here.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 01:06:33 AM by Lashen »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2019, 07:54:44 PM »
It's been quite awhile Lashen.  ;D

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2019, 08:48:35 PM »
It's been quite awhile Lashen.  ;D

Hey, Reign. You know every once in a while I check on Retro Realities. Home page is frozen on one date. :P

Actually I'm still a moderator on VGM, not that the forum's seen activity in years (outside of the wrestling section), but it reminds me: I need to hunt down Mr. P and Uncle.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 09:10:42 PM by Lashen »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2019, 02:04:09 AM »
Hey, Reign. You know every once in a while I check on Retro Realities. Home page is frozen on one date. :P

Actually I'm still a moderator on VGM, not that the forum's seen activity in years (outside of the wrestling section), but it reminds me: I need to hunt down Mr. P and Uncle.

Retrorealities is sadly no more, so nothing is updated. Mr P posts on one of the VGM subboards occasionally, the GX Board. I never log in there anymore, but I do read the GX board for laughs now and again (they have a pee obsession with every dead celebrity). As for Uncle, no telling what happened to him, reminds me of Master Ace from the CV Attic, not long after that went under, he vanished. Raven Reaper on the other hand I am friends with on Facebook, guys happily married with a child these days. He has grown up before my very internet eyes.

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2019, 10:06:03 AM »
Retrorealities is sadly no more, so nothing is updated. Mr P posts on one of the VGM subboards occasionally, the GX Board. I never log in there anymore, but I do read the GX board for laughs now and again (they have a pee obsession with every dead celebrity). As for Uncle, no telling what happened to him, reminds me of Master Ace from the CV Attic, not long after that went under, he vanished. Raven Reaper on the other hand I am friends with on Facebook, guys happily married with a child these days. He has grown up before my very internet eyes.

Yeah I was kind of hoping the RR channel on YouTube would have stayed active, with their 8-bit Transformers the Movie intro song. Shame.
I abandoned FaceBook. Never was fully on board with social media, though I do have an Instagram. I forgot about Ace. I'm getting to the point where I'm taking four-year naps at a time.
I think I saw Uncle on some other forum years back so I know he's around. I just can't remember where. Fortunately there aren't that many Uncle5555's on the net.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2019, 10:48:43 AM »
Hey, Romo! Still a Sloggy fan?

Until the game's over, brother! 

Dr. Pancake first appeared on the CVDF (or maybe DCTP's board then crossed over) at some point during the first half of 2002.  We got along so well I shortened his name to Docpan and that was that.  He was cool with everyone across all the CV forum camps, as I recall.  I last heard from him a couple of years ago, just as Netflix was dropping Castlevania (seven months after the CV-themed MAGfest, shoutout to Tanatra for bringing me along!) for some awesome serendipity. 

As I was getting my CV forum legs in the middle to later half of 2001, Anapan had been using various alchemies on the SotN CD to extract its fantastic hidden riches.  Among his other wizardry he brought to light numerous deleted bits, revealed demo rooms, exposed effect sprites and polygon textures, pulled out the sound effects in ther raw forms, and even made Fonts off its type!  For this prowess I dubbed him "Anapan, THE MAN who CAN!!!" 

(Anapan also posted his take on my Parodius Slogra when Master Librarian posted a scrolling CVII mountiainscape GIF, thus helping incite ParoVadius 17 years ago yesterday!  [Dammit, I need an animation team!]) 

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2019, 06:02:09 PM »
I always just assumed Docpan died.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2019, 09:32:31 AM »
+1
As I was getting my CV forum legs in the middle to later half of 2001, Anapan had been using various alchemies on the SotN CD to extract its fantastic hidden riches.

Anapan's CV files wasn't it? I remember the site.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything