Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Imported music CD's and American players.  (Read 4782 times)

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Imported music CD's and American players.
« on: December 04, 2007, 05:50:18 AM »
I'm planning to get my friend the soundtracks for silent hill 1-4. however they are imports and I'm i just want to make sure he can play it on his player. I feel like this is a stupid question but I'm very cautious with my money.

An informed and speedy reply is appreciated since i want to get this stuff today.

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Juno106

Re: Imported music CD's and American players.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 06:42:03 AM »
As long as it's a standard recorded cd and it has this logo, it's gonna work in every player worldwide

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 09:44:11 AM »
Yeah that shouldn't be a problem, but that's like way old fashioned, you can get some pretty cheap mp3 players now. :)
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 10:44:20 AM »
I've gotten a lot of imported CDs. They work fine on American disc players.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 02:58:30 PM »
In Reply To #3

MP3's don't replace CD's. What'll you do if your computer crashes, is unrecoverable, and you have no backup? That's rediculous. I use an ipod all the time, and I've never once bought anything from the iTunes store. I buy the CD's, and use them to import my music onto my iPod. They're great even if just used as data for MP3's.

CD's are also better because they come in a case with artwork and lyrics(when there are lyrics). Sometimes the little booklet'll have some cool stuff on there you couldn't get elsewhere or whatever. It's a whole package that you miss out on if you just buy songs online. To me that really takes away from the whole experience.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 06:04:00 PM »
Thanks alot guys! Off to Amazon!

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 06:12:05 PM »
In Reply To #3

MP3's don't replace CD's. What'll you do if your computer crashes, is unrecoverable, and you have no backup? That's rediculous.

yeah they do and it's not rediculous, that's why everything is stored on your mp3 player so you have your music with you all the time, I hate having a bunch of discs to deal with and if you have an mp3 player w/out a hard drive that's even better cuz you don't ever have to worry about the hardware wearing out. I sold all my cd's awhile back when I got my ipod and get all my music through limewire, the itunes store and various sites that offer mp3's for download, trust me you will save major dollars dling mp3's as opposed to buying a disc at a store that's been marked up numerous times so everybody who's involved with it getting to that store gets a profit. Not to mention import costs.

I use an ipod all the time, and I've never once bought anything from the iTunes store. I buy the CD's, and use them to import my music onto my iPod. They're great even if just used as data for MP3's.

That's your call but it can get mad expensive in the long run and tracking down some cd's can be really tough.

CD's are also better because they come in a case with artwork and lyrics(when there are lyrics). Sometimes the little booklet'll have some cool stuff on there you couldn't get elsewhere or whatever. It's a whole package that you miss out on if you just buy songs online. To me that really takes away from the whole experience.

why? your paying for the music the other stuff is a bonus it shouldn't take away anything to not have the bonus items, the music is still there and it's just more junk to keep up with. With Cd's alls you gotta do is scratch one real good and it won't work anymore and your out 15 bucks or more, with mp3's unless you intentionally delete it it's not going anywhere.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 08:15:35 PM »
In Reply To #7

Well, downloading off of music sites that aren't directly linked to the publisher itself is illegal, too.

Of course, I'm not gonna play innocent. I download music a lot. But the way I see it, if I like a song from an artist, cool. If I find more than two songs I like from one artist on an album, I figure it's only fair that I buy that album so I can support the artist. Just my little pattern of support I have.

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 08:32:42 PM »
In Reply To #7

Well, downloading off of music sites that aren't directly linked to the publisher itself is illegal, too.

Of course, I'm not gonna play innocent. I download music a lot. But the way I see it, if I like a song from an artist, cool. If I find more than two songs I like from one artist on an album, I figure it's only fair that I buy that album so I can support the artist. Just my little pattern of support I have.

Agreed. I admit I usually pirate before I buy, but if it's a great album I will definitely purchase the CD to support the artists.

Tags:

anything