Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: My WTF moment at 1:30 in the morning  (Read 2748 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: May 13, 2012, 01:27:09 AM »
Okay you guys. Do exactly as the video says. Even if you're not convinced at the end follow the second set of instructions. After about 2 or 3 minutes I could feel my nerves starting to rattle a bit. This image belongs in Castlevania. Seriously!

The Scariest Picture on the Internet (REAL)

Are we having fun yet?  :o
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 02:53:22 AM »
Eye tricks—scaaaaaaaryyyyyyy D:
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 08:18:11 AM »
Stare anything that isn't moving for enough time and you'll start seeing things. I believe there was an experiment in which people stared at a mirror and eventually started seeing dead relatives and things like that. Brains start making up shit when they don't receive enough stimuli.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:23:30 AM by A-Yty »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 10:12:12 AM »
+1
I think the reason the image is messing with your mind is because of the Troxler Effect.
If you notice, the picture is inherently blurry.  Your brain captures the blurriness and attempts to compensate.

Here's an interesting article and another experiment for you to try in this link.

EDIT: A-yty beat me to it.  The experiment he mentions is in this link (click on the picture to an io9 neuroscience article).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 01:45:13 AM »
Jorgey is smart :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 01:50:36 AM »
+1
I think the reason the image is messing with your mind is because of the Troxler Effect.
If you notice, the picture is inherently blurry.  Your brain captures the blurriness and attempts to compensate.

EDIT: A-yty beat me to it.  The experiment he mentions is in this link (click on the picture to an io9 neuroscience article).

This is interesting. The only time I ever had something mess with my eyes were magic eye pictures while this on the other hand not so much.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 08:55:10 AM »
+1
My 3DS messes with my eyes. I don't know if it's just me, but the 3DS and viewing anaglyphs makes my vision wonky. If I look at anaglyphs through red/cyan filters for a while (such as playing WoW in 3D), then everything I look at has a red or blue tint for a while. After playing my 3DS for a bit, I swear I can discern each eye's input for the rest of the day. Like, yeah... it's weird and kinda annoying. It goes back to normal after some sleep, though. Then there's some weird visual effect that objects moving left-to-right seem closer and objects moving right-to-left seem farther. Or something like that. I almost got hit by a bus once because I thought I had time to run across the street but it was closer than it looked.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:57:55 AM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 04:46:37 PM »
+1
I remember seeing this picture some time ago, 5 minutes of my time I'll never get back.
I think it was the portrait made by a japanese girl that supposedly commited suicide short after painting it because she saw something on it, that is according to the description on the video I saw.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 05:44:41 PM »
+1
Didnt see nothin strange. I got the usual fuzzying up of the picture and it's features getting kinda blurred and fucked up, but nothing haunted or anything, though ill admit, the painting itself IS slightly unsettling. Must be the staring blue eyes combined with the kind of somber coloring of the rest of the painting. her neutral expression also affects it.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags: