Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Motivation for people that are going to school for Video Game Design...  (Read 2059 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
As many on the forum know I have been busting my tail at school for video game art and design and 4 quarters away from graduation. Today, I just got accepted for a internship with Sony Online Entertainment and I will be working on PlanetSide 2! So to everyone that is going to school do everything you can do to do things on your own for yourself, don't just take classes and muscle through it. Network, create a game design club, mengle with people in the industry, make a fan-game etc. anything you can do to make yourself stand out from the pack! and yes, I did mention Vamprotector in my list of resume stuff...I don't know everything but I hope I can motivate someone, it gets tough man. Especially with me going to work for the Marines full time and going to school and doing all this extra stuff for me just because....

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
HELLO FRIEND!
I kinda wish I lived on the West Coast, where Game Design is a touch more prevalent... but with the advent of E-mail and Telecommuting, it's getting easier!

I've been a part of many fan games but I only know of a handful that actually were finished.  Then again, there is that thing I do with videogame music...hmmm...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
HELLO FRIEND!
I kinda wish I lived on the West Coast, where Game Design is a touch more prevalent... but with the advent of E-mail and Telecommuting, it's getting easier!

I've been a part of many fan games but I only know of a handful that actually were finished.  Then again, there is that thing I do with videogame music...hmmm...
I lived in Japan then actually moved to the West Coast from the East Coast. I am all about relocation, you gotta go where the action is if it's not by you dude. My bud WarMachine is prevalent in music too dude, you should talk to him and work together man....maybe you guys can network. Why haven't I seen your stuff on Dwelling of Duels, Jorge?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I don't do Dwelling of Duels because technically I don't do 'remixes'.
My music arrangements are (and I quote from ocremix) "too similar to the source material, and still using MIDI instead of 'real' music".
(yes, some dude at the Ocremix panel at PAX-East actually said this to me).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I don't do Dwelling of Duels because technically I don't do 'remixes'.
My music arrangements are (and I quote from ocremix) "too similar to the source material, and still using MIDI instead of 'real' music".
(yes, some dude at the Ocremix panel at PAX-East actually said this to me).
DoD doesn't do just remixes, they also have covers, and other contests. That guy from OC sounds like a jerk and a hater....we all started somewhere....

Tags: