Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1838389 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3075 on: June 19, 2012, 12:12:41 AM »
I enjoyed LoS's combat more than I did Devil May Cry 4 or Bayonetta. :)

This is almost a perfect example of me playing DmC and my main problem

TFS Dragon Ball Z Abridged (Ep 5) !DODGE! HD

Dodging even though I beat the first one that dodge mechanic always felt odd to me I will have to play it again to see if I am not crazy, but something made me not like it.

As for bayo mines stopped working so I really cannot say anything for that game.   :(
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 12:15:14 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3076 on: June 19, 2012, 12:56:56 AM »
+1
Yes, NIER! It has my favorite soundtrack this generation. The game reminds me of an old school action-RPG, like Secret of Mana or maybe Ys. The game had its flaws, but the music was 10/10. I wish other modern games would take note.

Another game with a pretty great soundtrack is Gravity Rush on the Vita.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3077 on: June 19, 2012, 01:39:43 AM »
Playing a sidescroler with the analog stick = eating soup with a fork.

Yeah... and the 3DS d pad kinda sucks.

But who knows. An analog stick worked well enough in games like Viewtiful Joe.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #3078 on: June 19, 2012, 09:17:03 AM »
+2
Actually, I don't think I listen to the soundtracks of ANY modern games at all.

Two words.  Xenoblade Chronicles.

#8 Satorl Marsh, Phosphorescent Land -Night- (Top 10 Xenoblade songs)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3079 on: June 19, 2012, 10:10:08 AM »
Two words.  Xenoblade Chronicles.

#8 Satorl Marsh, Phosphorescent Land -Night- (Top 10 Xenoblade songs)
Xenoblade Chronicles is probably my favorite modern day game OST. It has everything, mood setting pieces, melody driven poppish-songs, ambient songs, I can honestly say, I haven't enjoyed an OST this much for a LONG time.

Xenoblade Chronicles - Main Theme Extended/Looped

Xenoblade Chronicles OST - "Mechonis Field"

Xenoblade Music Extended - Gaur Plains

Snowy Valak Mountain - Xenoblade Music Extended

« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:22:23 AM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3081 on: June 19, 2012, 11:45:04 AM »
www.siliconera.com/2012/06/18/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-interview-on-designing-the-castle/

Another interview with Dave Cox.  More of what we already know (Dave really loves referring to LoS as "Dracula Begins"), but he DOES confirm Mermen!

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #3082 on: June 19, 2012, 11:51:51 AM »
+1
The music so ahh... I have to play xenoblade after I beat tales of vesperia.

Speaking of vesperia that game has awesome music as well, but then again "JRPGS" almost always have awesome music name one that does not.

Also can't wait till the last story comes out you know that soundtrack is all kinds of awesome and I do not want to spoil the music for myself on yt maybe just one would not hurt :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3083 on: June 19, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
+1
Cox said the fourth character isn't revealed yet but didn't he say it was Gabriel in a previous interview? 

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3084 on: June 19, 2012, 12:08:22 PM »
+1
It was either Enric Alvarez or Josê Luis Màrquez that confirmed Gabriel in that spanish interview, not Cox.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 12:11:12 PM by Kingshango »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3085 on: June 19, 2012, 12:18:22 PM »
It was either Enric Alvarez or Josê Luis Màrquez that confirmed Gabriel in that spanish interview, not Cox.

Well if thats true than Cox really needs to keep track of what his team is revealing to the public before commenting on none revealed stuff.

I know it was a spanish interview but that still doesn't change the fact that it was revealed and put on the web.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3086 on: June 19, 2012, 02:28:07 PM »
www.siliconera.com/2012/06/18/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-interview-on-designing-the-castle/

Another interview with Dave Cox.  More of what we already know (Dave really loves referring to LoS as "Dracula Begins"), but he DOES confirm Mermen!

Holy Christ, this site needs a proofreader. There's some friggin' atrocious grammar and writing in that article.

I'm liking the sound of this game though. The exploration sounds more Metroid than Metroidvania, with which I have no problems. (Though I do really miss IGA and the loot games of the series... Please come back to us at some point dude!)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3087 on: June 19, 2012, 03:19:34 PM »
It seems IGA's 3DS kit is now for naught.

at first my iphone wallpaper was this

but then i changed it to this

i love dragons

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3088 on: June 19, 2012, 03:36:06 PM »
I wonder how you'll be able to swap characters in the game? Will player be able to change character on the fly like in CV3 or only in certain (story relevant) spots?

I find your defeatist attitude as well as your belittling of the power of individuals withing a group disturbing.
It depends about what group we talking about. Personally I believe in the power of individuals...just not in that case. Also, I prefer to think about it as realistic.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3089 on: June 19, 2012, 03:57:32 PM »
+1
It seems to be certain spots the way Cox is describing it.

It seems IGA's 3DS kit is now for naught.
Well, he still gets projects. They're just not Castlevania.
nanobreaker 2 please that was a joke
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 04:01:29 PM by thernz »

Tags: .....? 

anything