Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1844632 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3120 on: June 24, 2012, 09:24:20 PM »
+1
The old games are dirty, and unpopular! We can't be associated with such filth.

You're suppose to forget everything you knew about Castlevania! Stop remembering the good times! If you don't like it, you're a terrible person, a whiner and a complainer, and no one likes you! In fact your voice means nothing to us, and we won't address your concerns. I CANT HEAR YOU INSIDE OF MY MONEY FORT.

Or they're trying to say, despite the fact there are a few subtle references here and there, the game is its own game, and not a throwback to the Metroidvanias.

Then again, your response isn't so far-fetched either, and actually makes sense, considering game developers these days (Street Fighter x Tekken's 13 or so "DLC" characters, anyone?).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:30:44 PM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #3121 on: June 24, 2012, 09:34:54 PM »
+2

You're suppose to forget everything you knew about Castlevania! Stop remembering the good times! If you don't like it, you're a terrible person, a whiner and a complainer, and no one likes you! In fact your voice means nothing to us, and we won't address your concerns. I CANT HEAR YOU INSIDE OF MY MONEY FORT.

I'm pretty sure the only one who actually thinks that is Sumac, not Cox.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3122 on: June 24, 2012, 09:44:21 PM »
Sure hope we get more gameplay soon, I need to see Simon in action.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3123 on: June 24, 2012, 10:20:18 PM »
Gamescom seems like the best bet for new footage, especially if the rumor of the release date being September.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3124 on: June 24, 2012, 11:45:22 PM »
Gamescom seems like the best bet for new footage, especially if the rumor of the release date being September.
Holy shit, that early?

Damn anytime around October would be great, it would make a pretty good birthday gift to myself this year.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3125 on: June 25, 2012, 04:57:49 AM »
I'm still not exactly sure why Cox seems to be doing his damnedest to disassociate this title from the games of the prior decade when all of them have respectable reputations among gamers. It's even more confusing since Simon is highly influenced by his Chronicles design while Trevor is based off of his Curse outfit. It's rather odd to make such clear shout-outs to relatively underrated titles while simultaneously trying to distance themselves from those games.

He wants the CoD audience j/k

Seriously though, he's playing a balancing game between appealing to the core fanbase who want the references and acknowledgements of past titles and the wider audience of gamers, many of whom may know of CV, but haven't played a CV game before LoS and probably wouldn't without changes like the ones LoS made (where do you think all those extra sales come from?)

Well, he wants it to be its own game. Dave wants MoF to be described as simply MoF. Not a SotN-clone or a Simon's Quest style game. If you can describe your game as "Oh it's just like ___" then there might be a problem.  It reflects badly on your game ("Oh it's just a ___-clone") and on you as a producer.

He must be heartbroken by all the people calling LoS a Youknowwhat-clone then. I'm actually rather skeptical that that'd be his reasoning. I think it's just him walking the tightrope of not wanting to turn off the audience who came in for LoS by likening MoF to games they probably don't like. He probably thinks once they try it out they'll see the similarities to LoS' combat and accept it even if it is mostly 2.5D and not full 3D.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:02:15 AM by Charlotte-nyo:3 »

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3126 on: June 25, 2012, 08:24:45 AM »
+3
I'm pretty sure the only one who actually thinks that is Sumac, not Cox.
I like when people put in my mouth they own misconceptions and fears. Go on - I believe your imaginary "Sumac" will tell you many interesting things.
But remember - Winners Don't Use Drugs!!

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3127 on: June 25, 2012, 09:03:35 AM »
Well, he wants it to be its own game. Dave wants MoF to be described as simply MoF. Not a SotN-clone or a Simon's Quest style game. If you can describe your game as "Oh it's just like ___" then there might be a problem.  It reflects badly on your game ("Oh it's just a ___-clone") and on you as a producer.
Lol, no. Being a clone of something isn't what makes a game good or bad, at all. Unless you're a industry reviewer, which is a fucking joke anyway. LoI copied the gameplay from DMC. LoS from GoW. Etc.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 09:08:31 AM by Maedhros »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3128 on: June 25, 2012, 10:22:10 AM »
+3
But remember - Winners Don't Use Drugs!!

CAPCOM
Ruler of Chaos

Offline GummiCandyful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Lurker
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3129 on: June 25, 2012, 11:34:25 AM »
^Really? Well, I guess that explains a lot, then. LOL.

Anyway, I'm definitely going to get a 3DS for this game, along with many others coming out this year (Nintendo really outdid themselves this E3. But they always do, don't they?). I'm especially stoked that Trevor will be playable and his design looks very reminiscent of his look in CoD, unlike that male stripper getup he had in Judgment. *shudder* Oh, and Simon definitely has that retro feel to him, which is cool.

The Triforce of Fuckery

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3130 on: June 25, 2012, 03:51:58 PM »
+2
What have I missed let's see... oh Capcom doing drugs and not being winners (no tiger blood in them at at all  :rollseyes: ) , an imaginary Sumac, and the return of Gummi how ya doing  :) , clones ,  and whoa whoa hold it!

The old games dirty? No they are very clean.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3131 on: June 25, 2012, 04:08:54 PM »
I need to implement sarcasm tags, it seems.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3132 on: June 25, 2012, 04:27:20 PM »
@Neobelmont

Oh come now, you should know better than to think I would say such an underhanded thing about our beloved classic titles. If that was a serious comment, I wouldn't be developing my own fan game in 2D that is reminiscent of both the exploration and stage based titles mixed together.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3133 on: June 25, 2012, 04:52:27 PM »
(Nintendo really outdid themselves this E3. But they always do, don't they?)
Maybe you watched other E3, because Nintendo fucking sucked this year. Just like any other company out there besides Ubisoft.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3134 on: June 25, 2012, 04:55:41 PM »
How so? They were pretty comprehensive. I think the 3DS show was pretty stand out personally.

Also, you have to keep perspective in mind too. E3 is primarily for the industry and their investors. It's a showcase primarily intended for them, and E3 isn't even open to the public.

Tags: .....?