Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1842983 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3135 on: June 25, 2012, 05:13:40 PM »
How so? They were pretty comprehensive. I think the 3DS show was pretty stand out personally.

Also, you have to keep perspective in mind too. E3 is primarily for the industry and their investors. It's a showcase primarily intended for them, and E3 isn't even open to the public.
Lol, like I care. They stream if for the public, so they need to make the show for the public who watched it too, besides the journalists there. Everyone and their moms were talking about how bad Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony's showing this year were bad. Wii U presentation was very bad. Nintendoland... LOL. Sony Wonderbook. LOOOL. Microsoft... what? Nothing at all (Smart Glass? LOOOOL).

Shittiest E3 ever. I watch these since they started streaming to the public.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3136 on: June 25, 2012, 05:27:52 PM »
@Neobelmont

Oh come now, you should know better than to think I would say such an underhanded thing about our beloved classic titles. If that was a serious comment, I wouldn't be developing my own fan game in 2D that is reminiscent of both the exploration and stage based titles mixed together.

Of course it was not serious, heck I even said the games were clean in the context of them actually being dirty.  ;) (but then again those cartridges do get pretty dusty  :P )

But I do love me them classics  :)

Emotion cons change everything  :rollseyes:

In other news I do not get what was so boring about this years e3 I thought it was fun mostly because of castlevania/ and all the new 2d games coming to the 3ds  :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #3137 on: June 25, 2012, 07:23:54 PM »
+2
LoI copied the gameplay from DMC.

Having played both, I don't see them as being particularly similar. >_>

Offline GummiCandyful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Lurker
    • Awards
« Reply #3138 on: June 25, 2012, 07:36:01 PM »
What have I missed let's see... oh Capcom doing drugs and not being winners (no tiger blood in them at at all  :rollseyes: ) , an imaginary Sumac, and the return of Gummi how ya doing  :) , clones ,  and whoa whoa hold it!

The old games dirty? No they are very clean.

LOL, I'm doing just fine. You? :)

Maybe you watched other E3, because Nintendo fucking sucked this year. Just like any other company out there besides Ubisoft.

All a matter of opinion. Just like how I've heard some people say they liked Microsoft's presentation this year.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:41:47 PM by GummiCandyful »

The Triforce of Fuckery

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #3139 on: June 25, 2012, 08:01:39 PM »
+1
Nintendo's presentation wasn't stellar but it wasn't abysmal, either. Pikmin 3 looks cool, for example.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3140 on: June 25, 2012, 11:04:54 PM »
Having played both, I don't see them as being particularly similar. >_>

^This. Lament of Innocence and Devil May Cry play VERY differently.

While DMC uses the time-input combo system (which had a total of about three combos), LoI uses the dial-a-combo system (there were quite a few). I found LoI as a far more fun hack-n-slash title than any of the DMC titles, but that's just me.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3141 on: June 25, 2012, 11:09:10 PM »
yeah, just you

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3142 on: June 25, 2012, 11:16:51 PM »
+1
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #3143 on: June 25, 2012, 11:31:25 PM »
Like I thought. :P

Really  ;)

But in all seriousness I would have to play the two again and compare, but other games are taking my time rpgs are good but dang  :P
(click to show/hide)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3144 on: June 26, 2012, 04:01:36 AM »
Well, I really didn't know people here would be fans of Nintendo. So I'll change my stance, they had the best presentation ever, nothing will top their showing, Pikmin 3 without online? Good. 3DS games that we knew since march? Amazing. NINTENDOLAND? Outstanding!!! Wii U being presented so bad that some people still confuses it as a new controller for Wii? Holy shit, amazing guys. Ports of games from 360, PS3 and PC? Woot!

Nintendo is so good. @_@

(click to show/hide)

Nintendo:

E3 2012:
E3 2012 Summary

@LoI
DMC started the trend of stylish combos on PS2 era. Yes, they're reminiscent of hack'n slash games. That doesn't change they were inspiration for games like LoI and GoW. Also, I think the start of the cancer called QTE was used first on DMC too, but I can't really remember.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:11:38 AM by Maedhros »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3145 on: June 26, 2012, 09:25:56 AM »

That was the highlight of Nintendo's presentation.

Their presentation this year was just sort of bland... interesting stuff I guess- but sort of meh at the same time.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #3146 on: June 26, 2012, 11:27:32 AM »
+1
I was too busy paying attention to Mirror of Fate and Paper Mario to care about much else this E3, so if everyone had to pick a year to toss out a bunch of samey shooters, this was a good a year as any.

Halotroid Prime 4 looked cool, though.

On topic, though, I really hope the release date is September 30th. I want it to get released before my university workload forces me to buckle down too much.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3147 on: June 26, 2012, 11:33:51 AM »
LOL, I'm doing just fine. You? :)

All a matter of opinion. Just like how I've heard some people say they liked Microsoft's presentation this year.

Just chilling waiting for the fall to come and of course exercising   :)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3148 on: June 26, 2012, 01:10:39 PM »
I'm sorry, I'm a huge Nintendo fan but Ubisoft won this year's e3. They had interesting looking new games, gameplay demonstrations, and even little skits for the casual crowd to enjoy. Nintendo comes in second, but the fact that Nintendoland was meant to be their centerpiece announcement really hinders it a bit. Sony had a rather pathetic showing.  Mostly focusing on that Wonderbook thing, plus neglecting to show off the new Vita games that they had on the demo floor shows how much faith they have in that system. EA is near the bottom of the barrel, but they're not doing so well financially so it's to be expected.  Microsoft is dead last.  Halo 4 was not enough to save that conference.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3149 on: June 26, 2012, 04:29:02 PM »
I'm sorry, I'm a huge Nintendo fan but Ubisoft won this year's e3. They had interesting looking new games, gameplay demonstrations, and even little skits for the casual crowd to enjoy. Nintendo comes in second, but the fact that Nintendoland was meant to be their centerpiece announcement really hinders it a bit. Sony had a rather pathetic showing.  Mostly focusing on that Wonderbook thing, plus neglecting to show off the new Vita games that they had on the demo floor shows how much faith they have in that system. EA is near the bottom of the barrel, but they're not doing so well financially so it's to be expected.  Microsoft is dead last.  Halo 4 was not enough to save that conference.
At least Sony showed games. The Last of Us won awards of best E3 games and such. Looks like a sweet game, with limited bulets. I just want to see more gameplay and see if it'll be as authomated as Uncharted. Wonderbook ruined the rest of the conference. And their Vita showing was pathetic, considering they had 30+ games for it on the booths.

Microsoft didn't even know what they were doing there. Smart glass was a joke, Halo 4... how's that even something? We knew that from E3 2011. The best parts were clips of 3rd parties games.

I put Sony in second. Nintendo in third, Microsoft in last. Lol, even Konami pre-show was better. Ubisoft won because they showed what people wants from this event: GAMES.

Tags: .....?