Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1837329 times)

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3150 on: June 26, 2012, 04:31:27 PM »
I put Sony in second. Nintendo in third, Microsoft in last. Lol, even Konami pre-show was better. Ubisoft won because they showed what people wants from this event: GAMES.

Most of the third-parties had better shows than Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft.

Offline GummiCandyful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Lurker
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3151 on: June 26, 2012, 05:19:56 PM »
Nintendo's presentation wasn't stellar but it wasn't abysmal, either. Pikmin 3 looks cool, for example.

Agreed. One of the issues I had with Nintendo were the two New Super Mario Bros. games. I mean, what is up with those titles? New Super Mario Bros. 2 and New super Mario Bros. U. I heard people say the coin collecting system was something that should've been used for a new Wario game instead. Hopefully Tokyo Game Show will better *crosses fingers for new Metroid game*

The Triforce of Fuckery

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3152 on: June 26, 2012, 05:50:51 PM »
That was the highlight of Nintendo's presentation.

Their presentation this year was just sort of bland... interesting stuff I guess- but sort of meh at the same time.
Nah, Reggie saying My Body was Ready was the real highlight.

Damn, I dunno why I go posting against Nintendo on a forum full of Nintendists. That's the recipe for negatives.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3153 on: June 26, 2012, 07:29:25 PM »
@LoI
DMC started the trend of stylish combos on PS2 era. Yes, they're reminiscent of hack'n slash games. That doesn't change they were inspiration for games like LoI and GoW. Also, I think the start of the cancer called QTE was used first on DMC too, but I can't really remember.

I honestly don't remember a single QTE ever touching Devil May Cry. The first hack-n-slash title to have QTEs was Sword of the Berserk (as far as I'm aware) for the Sega Dreamcast. The difference is, these QTEs that (mostly) played during cutscenes actually changed the way stages developed (as in branching paths and stuff, not finishing your enemy off quicker or anything).
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #3154 on: June 26, 2012, 10:13:01 PM »
I honestly don't remember a single QTE ever touching Devil May Cry. The first hack-n-slash title to have QTEs was Sword of the Berserk (as far as I'm aware) for the Sega Dreamcast. The difference is, these QTEs that (mostly) played during cutscenes actually changed the way stages developed (as in branching paths and stuff, not finishing your enemy off quicker or anything).

Sounds kind of like Die Hard Arcade. I liked the QTEs in that.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #3155 on: June 26, 2012, 10:48:32 PM »
My memory may not be the best but I know that QTES were never a part of DmC and thank gosh it's that way

Agreed. One of the issues I had with Nintendo were the two New Super Mario Bros. games. I mean, what is up with those titles? New Super Mario Bros. 2 and New super Mario Bros. U. I heard people say the coin collecting system was something that should've been used for a new Wario game instead. Hopefully Tokyo Game Show will better *crosses fingers for new Metroid game*

Guess their not so "new" any more huh   ;)

And if nintendo brought back classics like kid icarus and punch out what other classics can they revive? A new action game of kung-fu perhaps?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3156 on: June 27, 2012, 12:20:54 AM »
I was too busy paying attention to Mirror of Fate and Paper Mario to care about much else this E3, so if everyone had to pick a year to toss out a bunch of samey shooters, this was a good a year as any.

Halotroid Prime 4 looked cool, though.

All I really ask of Nintendo is bringing over Fatal Frame games to the US and Metroid Dread (or something of that ilk). It's really mean of them to buy the rights to Fatal Frame and then stop sending them to America.  :'(

But yeah, same here, all eyes were on MoF. It's kind of weird that Konami beat Nintendo to the idea of Metroid Dread, ie "Hey let's make a neato 2.5D game using all dat 3D depth".

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3157 on: June 27, 2012, 03:34:11 AM »
The sales on the previous 2D Metroids on GBA probably put Nintendo off to caring about making a 2D or even 2.5D Metroid in any time in the near future  :-\

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3158 on: June 27, 2012, 05:50:38 AM »
I heard people say the coin collecting system was something that should've been used for a new Wario game instead.

100% agreed. Wario games are all about the cash.

I love Wario games... They really need to make another like Wario Land 2.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3159 on: June 27, 2012, 10:44:19 AM »
Metroid is just as dead as Castlevania, if not even more. I mean, at least Konami released some albuns for Castlevania 25th anniversary, Nintendo didn't even said nothing about Metroid, lol.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #3160 on: June 27, 2012, 11:22:25 AM »
Yet metroid has always sold better than castlevania wow nintendo  :rollseyes:
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
« Reply #3161 on: June 27, 2012, 03:07:23 PM »
Yet metroid has always sold better than castlevania wow nintendo  :rollseyes:

The blame falls squarely on Other M's director.

Even Nintendo hates him. See this story written in a Japanese only Mii storytelling program by Shigeru Miyamoto and Reggie: Click to see

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3162 on: June 27, 2012, 03:21:23 PM »
i'm quite fond of warioware touched! and warioware twisted

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #3163 on: June 27, 2012, 04:28:20 PM »
Don't you even dare to compare those to the actual Wario Land games.

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
« Reply #3164 on: June 27, 2012, 04:34:32 PM »
Don't you even dare to compare those to the actual Wario Land games.

While they're not the same genre, WarioWare is a very fun and addicting series with colorful characters.  I actually am intrigued by that Game & Wario they showed at E3.

Tags: .....? 

anything