Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1842396 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5640 on: April 20, 2013, 08:32:52 AM »
+2
At least the LoS verse gave us awesome character designs.

I really do like the new Trevor, Simon, Alucard, and Dracula. The Belmonts should always be rather large in stature and look like formidable warriors.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:34:51 AM by OSM »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5641 on: April 20, 2013, 09:05:05 AM »
Quote from: Oswaldo
I don't really care for Cornell's design. Naked Satan was blah but at least we didn't see his penis. Zobek/Lord of the Dead looks too similar to Darth Nihilus. Baba Yaga. The Abbott Dorin could've just been named "Monk" & none would be the wiser. I agree that Alucard should've gave Simon a kiss on the cheek when he touched his face, to please the fans. Olrox & Brauner. The Toymaker is odd-looking & reminds me of Wallman from OoE. Marie & Claudia's designs were forgettable. +1 for you sir.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5642 on: April 20, 2013, 10:39:14 AM »
Ironically, even after only 10 second of screen time, the Toymaker has become my favorite character out of this entire sub series. I get this weird Dr Robotnik/Dr. Wily vibes from him and if handled correctly (which I doubt Mercurysteam will) he has potential to be a decent character.

in fact I think HE should be the big bad of LOS2 instead of Satan.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5643 on: April 20, 2013, 11:15:17 AM »

I really do like the new Trevor, Simon, Alucard, and Dracula. The Belmonts should always be rather large in stature and look like formidable warriors.

Alucard/Trevor=Robb Stark  and I have no objections one of my favorite characters  in cv is voiced by one of my favs in GoT and I slightly like Alucard even more now.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5644 on: April 20, 2013, 06:50:21 PM »
Holy shit! 377 pages and waaay over 5000 replies!

I'm not that impressed by the new character designs. If you want big men for your heroes, then they should give the series over to someone in China. Chinese culture was all about the bigger the man physically, the more powerful he was physically and spiritually.

Their bodies are okay. I don't mind those strong arms and rock-hard thighs. But who the hell has heads that small compared to the rest of their body? It's almost like looking at old samurai ukio-e. The proportion is just not there. Even the military that come through my store don't have heads that small. I don't mind a gay artist designing the Castlevania characters, but at least learn head-to-torso proportion. (Same with hentai by straight guys, they need to learn proportion with breasts and phalli). The Belmonts look like they pigged out until they were 500 pounds as kids then burned off off the calories doing bench presses and squats and then had a plastic surgeon vacuum pump the excess from their guts.

But the clothing is nice. Very regal. Not that Belmonts were necessarily regal, but whatever.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 06:52:00 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5645 on: April 20, 2013, 07:06:31 PM »
Their bodies are okay. I don't mind those strong arms and rock-hard thighs. But who the hell has heads that small compared to the rest of their body? It's almost like looking at old samurai ukio-e. The proportion is just not there. Even the military that come through my store don't have heads that small. I don't mind a gay artist designing the Castlevania characters, but at least learn head-to-torso proportion. (Same with hentai by straight guys, they need to learn proportion with breasts and phalli). The Belmonts look like they pigged out until they were 500 pounds as kids then burned off off the calories doing bench presses and squats and then had a plastic surgeon vacuum pump the excess from their guts.

Do you know "Faustão" (Fausto Silva)? The same thing happened with him when he losed weight in a surgery, but its the opposite: is head is bigger than his body.

I dont know if only people that have seen he fat for years think that, but its really disproportional.

On-topic, I didnt really had seen what you are talking about, their heads are okay. Maybe its because I didnt played LoS for more than 1 hour.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5646 on: April 20, 2013, 07:27:56 PM »

Their bodies are okay. I don't mind those strong arms and rock-hard thighs. But who the hell has heads that small compared to the rest of their body? It's almost like looking at old samurai ukio-e. The proportion is just not there. Even the military that come through my store don't have heads that small. I don't mind a gay artist designing the Castlevania characters, but at least learn head-to-torso proportion.

Ayami Kojima's Curse of Darkness artwork says Hi.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #5647 on: April 20, 2013, 07:39:21 PM »
Same with hentai by straight guys, they need to learn proportion with breasts
Yeah, I've always thought that with breasts with no proportion. I don't mind the other one you mentioned, however.

About MoF designs, I don't think they are bad as many people says.
I prefer AK's style, but that doesn't necessarily mean this new style is bad.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #5648 on: April 20, 2013, 08:21:12 PM »
crisis being tsundere
I was only talking about the mentioned characters lol

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5649 on: April 21, 2013, 04:27:25 AM »
About MoF designs, I don't think they are bad as many people says.
I prefer AK's style, but that doesn't necessarily mean this new style is bad.

I personally have no problems with the character designs of MoF.
Though, i really love Ayami's designs, minus Isaac, unless I'm in yaoi-mode. Hehehe.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #5650 on: April 21, 2013, 11:44:18 PM »
MoF's character design is very good and is a good reference to the original series'.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5651 on: April 22, 2013, 12:45:14 AM »
I personally have no problems with the character designs of MoF.
Though, i really love Ayami's designs, minus Isaac, unless I'm in yaoi-mode. Hehehe.
I totally get what you mean!  ;)

MoF's character design is very good and is a good reference to the original series'.
Yes, I like it, generally.
Especially Trevor... ♥
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5652 on: April 22, 2013, 06:17:59 AM »
Seem's MoF's designs are the ladies new fap time. xD

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5653 on: April 22, 2013, 03:35:32 PM »
 :) Hahaha!
But there aren't a lot of artworks around!

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5654 on: April 22, 2013, 06:34:14 PM »
+1

Tags: .....? 

anything