Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821240 times)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #555 on: May 22, 2012, 06:45:34 AM »
Sorry to bring this back again, but I was playing Diablo 3 and the topic moves too fast!The graphics ARE simplified. I don't really see how can you NOT see this. You must be blind. Here:

1) You don't have to be rude.

2) It's not that big of a difference, it's not as vibrant and it's blurry. It's not a huge difference where i'd be like...the artwork doesn't look as good!1111 It's still a pretty game on the 3DS, that was my point.

The sound however is soooooo horrible.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #556 on: May 22, 2012, 06:46:50 AM »
1) You don't have to be rude.

2) It's not that big of a difference, it's not as vibrant and it's blurry. It's not a huge difference where i'd be like...the artwork doesn't look as good!1111 It's still a pretty game on the 3DS, that was my point.

The sound however is soooooo horrible.

The framerate is rather weak, too. Everything seems like it's missing frames because it moves so slowly.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #557 on: May 22, 2012, 06:53:48 AM »
The framerate is rather weak, too. Everything seems like it's missing frames because it moves so slowly.

That's valid, but I mentioned framerate being worse originally too. I'm saying the actual graphics look fine, it isn't a 360/ps3 that's rendering this. This was made with those systems in mind....

My main point was the castlevania game for 3ds was BUILT from the ground up for the 3DS, that's the main difference.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #558 on: May 22, 2012, 07:03:34 AM »
+2
If both Cox and IGA takes the stage at E3 and presents Mirror of Fate I'll LOL. It would instantly end the whole Cox vs. Iga debate. A part of me hopes that they're making the game together, just for the lulz.

But then there would be arguments over who is making it more, and how all the bad things are due to one of them alone, and then people would be going through giving everybody a -1 and it would be ughghghghghg

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #559 on: May 22, 2012, 07:10:00 AM »
+3
People already give -1's way to easily.

I mean my last post was just me saying that i think the graphics look fine for the most part, nothing rude, nothing crazy...and someone -1's me......Lol

Dominus Agony

« Reply #560 on: May 22, 2012, 07:17:10 AM »
I hope the overall quality isn't lost due to them spreading it over several platforms.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #561 on: May 22, 2012, 07:21:52 AM »
+2
I hope the overall quality isn't lost due to them spreading it over several platforms.

I'm hoping the new engine supports better performance because in the rumors it says it does..Maybe that will help

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #562 on: May 22, 2012, 07:51:41 AM »
+2
Paul Gale is a good source so I'm kinda taking it all as settled.
There are bright times  ;D

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #563 on: May 22, 2012, 08:04:00 AM »
Mirror of Fate sounds more lika an IGA game to me. As does the "camera" gimmick. It would also explain why Cox wrote "wrong end of the stick" on twitter when asked about this game...

What do you think?

Ugh, please don't say things like that. I would love to have IGA back for a tag team, but not if he's going to pull another "gimmicks before gameplay, gimmicks before story" move

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #564 on: May 22, 2012, 08:05:05 AM »
+4
Mirror of Fate sounds more lika an IGA game to me. As does the "camera" gimmick. It would also explain why Cox wrote "wrong end of the stick" on twitter when asked about this game...

What do you think?

Good thinking, sir. I think so too. Also, note that the article has a picture of IGA...   

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #565 on: May 22, 2012, 08:09:56 AM »
A good collaboration might just be what the fans and the series needs.

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #566 on: May 22, 2012, 08:10:56 AM »
+1
Good thinking, sir. I think so too. Also, note that the article has a picture of IGA...

It sounds very feasible.  Oho-oh!

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #567 on: May 22, 2012, 08:12:51 AM »
+1
If both Cox and IGA takes the stage at E3 and presents Mirror of Fate I'll LOL. It would instantly end the whole Cox vs. Iga debate. A part of me hopes that they're making the game together, just for the lulz.

That would be like getting the Gate Keeper and Key Master together.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #568 on: May 22, 2012, 08:15:36 AM »
+1
A good collaboration might just be what the fans and the series needs.
It will end all the internal wars really. A complete Utopia. Gaming gods, let it happen!

Everything comes full circle

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #569 on: May 22, 2012, 08:21:29 AM »
+1
If Cox and MS bring what did the success of LoS (quality of the game) and if IGA and his team bring more traditional CV elements, be sure it could be the new best game of the series.

Tags: .....?