Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821472 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #840 on: May 23, 2012, 12:07:16 PM »
We know that the part of the camera not being used is false.
I think so too. Only thing I'm potentially bummed about is no LoS2 on WiiU if it is true.

The guy is talking about gameplay specifics now, having a grab dedicated button sounds very similar to LoS.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #841 on: May 23, 2012, 12:07:52 PM »
I really dislike the fact that we don't know what rumors are real. Saw is that Paul guy reporting fake info?...because I really want a vita castlevania and i'll be pretty mad if that all turns out to be fake.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #842 on: May 23, 2012, 12:09:06 PM »
Those new rumors about the MoF/3DS game are awesome! Trevor AND Simon? Yes please!

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #843 on: May 23, 2012, 12:10:59 PM »
I would prefer Alucard over one of the two... actually... isn't Simon and Trevor related? Are they really alive at same time?

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #844 on: May 23, 2012, 12:11:34 PM »
+3
I really dislike the fact that we don't know what rumors are real. Saw is that Paul guy reporting fake info?...because I really want a vita castlevania and i'll be pretty mad if that all turns out to be fake.

Thats why they are called "RUMORS". 

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #845 on: May 23, 2012, 12:12:14 PM »
I would prefer Alucard over one of the two... actually... isn't Simon and Trevor related? Are they really alive at same time?
They're supposed to be father and son.

I still believe Alucard is in the game, David Cox's twitter pic is a clear indication.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #846 on: May 23, 2012, 12:12:53 PM »
Thats why they are called "RUMORS".
Except the paul site this weren't really rumors and it's reliable, plus he was the one that originally broke the news on the playstation fighters game..

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #847 on: May 23, 2012, 12:13:07 PM »

Originally Trevor was Simon's forefather, rumor is that in MOF Trevor will be Simon's father.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #848 on: May 23, 2012, 12:13:58 PM »
+1
Except the paul site this weren't really rumors and it's reliable, plus he was the one that originally broke the news on the playstation fighters game..

Until something is stated officially, technically its all rumors and speculation...

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #849 on: May 23, 2012, 12:21:12 PM »
+3
I am really not sure how i am feeling about this... i just got lords of shadow for my PS3... and i'm not real happy with it... it's as if they threw everything Castlevania related out the window just about..... and why the hell is the devil the last boss?! O.o
The music feels wrong to... and where are the candles you gain things from?!
Granted i like the main character, at least he's a belmont... but.. then he BECOMES dracula?! *face palms*

So yeah... i mean.. i want to be excited.... i'm just not... but i would love to be wrong, i would love to be blown away even!
I hope i am wrong, and i look forward to being blown away.

I think the music is what felt off the most to me... it just.. reeks of western development... all the japanese charm is gone... i feel like... you have to have a LITTLE of that japanese charm.. otherwise it feels nothing like a CV game.. and Lords of shadow.. so far... feels like a game that could have had any other title, and it would make more sense.... to me anyhow....

Sooooo you can see why i am worried about these games... and why i am hoping for the best...

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #850 on: May 23, 2012, 12:26:09 PM »
I am really not sure how i am feeling about this... i just got lords of shadow for my PS3... and i'm not real happy with it... it's as if they threw everything Castlevania related out the window just about..... and why the hell is the devil the last boss?! O.o
Granted i like the main character, at least he's a belmont... but.. then he BECOMES dracula?! *face palms*

So yeah... i mean.. i want to be excited.... i'm just not... but i would love to be wrong, i would love to be blown away even!

I think the music is what felt off the most to me... it just.. reeks of western development... all the japanese charm is gone... i feel like... you have to have a LITTLE of that japanese charm.. otherwise it feels nothing like a CV game.. and Lords of shadow.. so far... feels like a game that could have had any other title, and it would make more sense.... to me anyhow....

Sooooo you can see why i am worried about these games... and why i am hoping for the best...

Cautiously Optimistic

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #851 on: May 23, 2012, 12:29:05 PM »

There are some candles in the castle that drop sub-weapons... not that it matters, it's just another little nod, but not fully integrated into the game.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #852 on: May 23, 2012, 12:31:20 PM »

I don't think I'm ever going to understand why the darn candles are so important to people, but by now I'm done trying.

To me, they're such a minor gameplay element that do little more than add a bit of activity to long hallways, and yet it feels like they're the lifeblood of the series to everyone else.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #853 on: May 23, 2012, 12:35:29 PM »
I don't think I'm ever going to understand why the darn candles are so important to people, but by now I'm done trying.

To me, they're such a minor gameplay element that do little more than add a bit of activity to long hallways, and yet it feels like they're the lifeblood of the series to everyone else.

If you take the question mark boxes out of Mario games would that hurt their appeal to the fanbase?

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #854 on: May 23, 2012, 12:36:00 PM »
+3

Candles for Castlevania, are what coins are for super mario and what the rings are for sonic. Can you imagine a main mario game, without coins or a sonic game without the rings? :rollseyes:
Ruler of Chaos

Tags: .....? 

anything