Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1837797 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3015 on: June 18, 2012, 01:09:16 AM »
Yea, I would really like to see Castlevania get some rep in the Smash Bros. Simon should definitely be in there. Especially the MoF one, a lot of people seem to like this new Simon a lot just because of his sheer manliness. Since Sony is getting Snake in their Smash rip off, Nintendo should get one of the Belmonts.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3016 on: June 18, 2012, 01:32:30 AM »
Putting a Castlevania character in a Smash Bros would be great and could help the series to get some further recognition. I mean, look at the Fire Emblem dude. How many people outside Japan and hardcore FE fanbase had even heard of him before Melee? I wonder if Smash Bros helped selling a few more copies of FE? Maybe, maybe not. But still, it's a terrific platform for marketing purposes, even if I personally was never really into the Smash Bros series.

Oh, and Mega Man. I think it's safe to say he'll be in the next game.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3017 on: June 18, 2012, 01:39:29 AM »
Putting a Castlevania character in a Smash Bros would be great and could help the series to get some further recognition. I mean, look at the Fire Emblem dude. How many people outside Japan and hardcore FE fanbase had even heard of him before Melee? I wonder if Smash Bros helped selling a few more copies of FE? Maybe, maybe not. But still, it's a terrific platform for marketing purposes, even if I personally was never really into the Smash Bros series.

Oh, and Mega Man. I think it's safe to say he'll be in the next game.

True like I said before nobody really knew who Pit was now look at him Belmont should get the same kind of treatment and and if it is based of the LoS version except in my opinion a very possible combo character fast whipping if it's trevor or strong slow attacks for simon like Trevor/Simon to Marth/Ike darn it we should all bamd together and make this happen  in someway :D
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3018 on: June 18, 2012, 01:44:10 AM »
+1
I guess it's a good thing that MoF won the best of 3ds e3 award. but i hope that doesn't give MS an excuse to ignore the rather obvious & glaring complaints the game's receiving already. not just framerate issues, but all the other stuff (enemies, music, et cetera) I have high hopes *fingers crossed*
This, even if, IMO, I think it is too late to make really big changes in the game. They'll probably correct one problem or two (the framerate for instance), but not everything like the enemies or the music, as people have not complained about it (look at the E3 or on Cox's Twitter: almost nobody spoke about it).

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3019 on: June 18, 2012, 01:58:13 AM »
This, even if, IMO, I think it is too late to make really big changes in the game. They'll probably correct one problem or two (the framerate for instance), but not everything like the enemies or the music, as people have not complained about it (look at the E3 or on Cox's Twitter: almost nobody spoke about it).

Considering Aruajo won the "Best Original Score for a Video Game or Interactive Media" award for Lords of Shadow, I doubt they'll be changing the music style.

Out of curiosity, have any other Castlevania soundtracks won awards, or even been nominated for them?
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3020 on: June 18, 2012, 02:00:13 AM »

Also, it's worth mentioning that the music in LoS was praised by critics (and probably players that aren't familiar with how Castlevania music usually sounds.). Objectively speaking, there's nothing wrong with it and it's a pretty epic and professionally made score. Too bad it has nothing to do with the Castlevania music I know and love. I am bored to death by it. But still, I can hear that it's a classy soundtrack.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3021 on: June 18, 2012, 02:38:21 AM »
+11
Lol at Sumac antagonising the entire board and then demanding we shouldn't hurt his feelings by giving him disrepect points. 

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3022 on: June 18, 2012, 02:56:42 AM »
I feel like I'm the only one that would weep if Platinum got their hands on Castlevania.

That's right, weep. Weep like a beaten child.

I'm with you on that one. I like them, but from what I've seen/played, their style doesn't seem like it would compliment the franchise very well. Not saying they would automatically turn CV into something over-the-top like Bayonetta, but still.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #3023 on: June 18, 2012, 03:13:20 AM »
+1
Well, well. I'm excited for the game. I only wonder what happens when MS are done. Castlevania is probably gonna be a little lost for a while. "Who am I?" it's gonna ask.

It's asking that question already.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #3024 on: June 18, 2012, 04:07:49 AM »
Considering Aruajo won the "Best Original Score for a Video Game or Interactive Media" award for Lords of Shadow, I doubt they'll be changing the music style.

Out of curiosity, have any other Castlevania soundtracks won awards, or even been nominated for them?
Exactly.

As far as I know, no other CV soundtrack got such an award. However, they are praised by lots and lots of people.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3025 on: June 18, 2012, 04:42:41 AM »
+1
Exactly.

As far as I know, no other CV soundtrack got such an award. However, they are praised by lots and lots of people.

Its because hollywood scores like that appeals more to a higher audience than the classic CV tunes.

But that doesn't make it better or good for CV if you ask me.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3026 on: June 18, 2012, 05:09:32 AM »
Its because hollywood scores like that appeals more to a higher audience than the classic CV tunes.

But that doesn't make it better or good for CV if you ask me.
As a soundtrack, LoS' score is very good, has a very good production, a very good orchestration and fits instantly the mood of the game. Plus it is a very big  and diverse soundtrack (120 tracks, without some little jingles). I'm sure this is how they choose it.

As a CV soundtrack, it is totally different and I understand why people don't like/hate it.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3027 on: June 18, 2012, 05:56:55 AM »
Allow me to clarify my statement about MS "fixing" the music:

In LoS, [too] many of the tracks had that "samey" sound, and it didn't help hearing music in Chapter IX that you first heard in Chapters II or III. There were also areas of the game that were DEAD SILENT. I don't want that same stuff happening in MoF. I want to hear area-specific tunes, with each track at least trying to sound unique from one another. Throw in a few orchestrated remixes; I'm not asking for the entire soundtrack to be rehashes of classic tunes, but since they're paying homages to the classic games & playstyle, a few familiar tracks shouldn't hurt. This should also apply to LoS2 as well.

As for Smash Bros, I'd love to see Kid Dracula in it instead. He gets no love & it would be a perfect way to reintroduce him. As for Mega Man, LOL. Do you mean classic MM? cuz Capcom would never do that, at the same time saying he's still "a very important property to us." For shame, Cap.

Quote from: e105beta
Though the stereotypical answer would be that it was an FPS.

like Akumajo Dracula Arcade? I still wanna play that o.o;

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3028 on: June 18, 2012, 06:11:30 AM »
+1
Dracula-kun indeeds needs more love. They could always throw him into the next Judgment.     

Offline Starman DX

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #3029 on: June 18, 2012, 07:23:38 AM »

As for Smash Bros, I'd love to see Kid Dracula in it instead. He gets no love & it would be a perfect way to reintroduce him. As for Mega Man, LOL. Do you mean classic MM? cuz Capcom would never do that, at the same time saying he's still "a very important property to us." For shame, Cap.

like Akumajo Dracula Arcade? I still wanna play that o.o;

I wouldn't be so sure of that, it might seem that they hate Megaman but when Ono (the Street Fighter director) was asked what character he'd like for Smash Bros, he said he wanted Megaman. If he couldn't get Megaman in, then he wanted M. Bison lol. I believe Seth Killian (PR guy) also wants Megaman in Smash. Neither of these men are the top dogs at Capcom, but at least Ono might have some influence on the decision since he's been raking in millions for Capcom.

On topic, Simon Belmont was one of my most wanted characters in Brawl, and if Sonic and Snake are cut I hope Simon can get in. I don't think Konami will have two characters in it, so it might just be Snake or Simon.

Tags: .....? 

anything