Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1835679 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3030 on: June 18, 2012, 07:37:33 AM »
+1
Allow me to clarify my statement about MS "fixing" the music:

In LoS, [too] many of the tracks had that "samey" sound, and it didn't help hearing music in Chapter IX that you first heard in Chapters II or III. There were also areas of the game that were DEAD SILENT. I don't want that same stuff happening in MoF. I want to hear area-specific tunes, with each track at least trying to sound unique from one another. Throw in a few orchestrated remixes; I'm not asking for the entire soundtrack to be rehashes of classic tunes, but since they're paying homages to the classic games & playstyle, a few familiar tracks shouldn't hurt. This should also apply to LoS2 as well.

As for Smash Bros, I'd love to see Kid Dracula in it instead. He gets no love & it would be a perfect way to reintroduce him. As for Mega Man, LOL. Do you mean classic MM? cuz Capcom would never do that, at the same time saying he's still "a very important property to us." For shame, Cap.

like Akumajo Dracula Arcade? I still wanna play that o.o;

Yeah. There was really no reason for me to be hearing Waterfalls of Agharta outside Agharta. That's just lazy, though it might have had something to do with money. Orchestras are expensive after all.

I've wanted to get my hands on Akumajo Dracula Arcade for awhile now. Wasn't able to find it while I was in Japan, though

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3031 on: June 18, 2012, 09:56:30 AM »
+1
And I could understand Cox's attitude: he made a bestseller, he have right to be sure about what he do and how. And who are old fans to dictate anything to him?

Maybe the people that they have kept the series alive all these past years? I'm just saying now............ :rollseyes:

What they have give except for big amount of often unjustified hatred and shit, often over insignificant matters? Advices, that doesn't fit with what developers want to do and with modern gaming in general? I would be weary after seeing what this people think and giving that they are not the ones who makes money, I unerstand why he ignores them.

Even though we might not like that much LoS, still we have bought it and play it, also it is us that all these many years we were supporting Castlevania series and we are still supporting them, but you see, now days it's all about trends, casual gamers and money. So long as it keeps bringing money, we don't care if it is ugly or get's some fans disappointed. That's the new policy of the gaming companies.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3032 on: June 18, 2012, 10:08:23 AM »
Oh, and Mega Man. I think it's safe to say he'll be in the next game.

Not likely. Capcom hates megaman nowadays since he isnt profitable for games anymore. And lets not forget they have been purpusefully denying us of him in any game. We got no Megaman for MvC3, and only that fat joke one for SFxT, and only because that was planned way back when, before legends and Universe' cancellation, when Inafune was still around.

We are more likely to get Zero or a Street Fighter Character than megaman.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3033 on: June 18, 2012, 10:33:01 AM »
Yeah. There was really no reason for me to be hearing Waterfalls of Agharta outside Agharta. That's just lazy, though it might have had something to do with money. Orchestras are expensive after all.

I just had an idea. Why not have all the music in LoS so that's what like a little bit over twenty with at least a full soundtrack from the new one for MoF so forty tracks should be enough right?    :)

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3034 on: June 18, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »
June 18, 2012, 10:35:00 AM - Hidden.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3035 on: June 18, 2012, 10:43:46 AM »
+9
The issue in question had nothing to do with my personal feelings. And sorry for hurting your feelings, but two people is not an entire board, no matter how much importance you put in people who uphold the same views as you are (not considering that such importance as of now is going to zero very fast, Thank You MercurySteam =)). Have a nice day.

Actually, I think pretty much everyone agrees here you're being a dick if not a total asshole.   
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:46:46 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3036 on: June 18, 2012, 11:11:31 AM »
You are overestimating your importance, just like many people here do. Casual players were keeping series alive, not fans, since most of the money is made by casual gamers. As long as series is profitable - new games will be released. As soon as series tanks, no amount of devoted fans will save it, if they doesn't have support from inside the company or the projects  aren't laughably cheap. Success with general auditory is the first priority of keeping game series popular and alive. Everyone else come second, third and whatever.

You see, i have asked many friends of mine that they have played LoS and like it, if they have played any other Castlevania game and they have answered me no, are they like LoS? So, can you tell me how all these casual gamers they have kept the series alive, if they haven't played any Castlevania before LoS?

Please, don't tell that in the ye'old days it was not about the money and trends. FPS craze? Fighting game craze - Street Fighter 2 cloning? Not much changed really.
I think creativity in video games nowadays lies in field of social networks / services and new ways to control the games (Wii, Move, e.t.c.). As for the games themselves - well, this media was existing for quite a long time and many ideas were already realized again and again. There is hardly will be any radical innovations in the games themselves as of now, so most of the new things will be related to control and networks.
And if you don't like the game (and understand that there is no way you can influence anything, just like absolute majority of the people here) - don't play, don't buy, don't pay attention. Everyone will benefit from it.

You are wrong, all the frenzy has started when DS and PSP got released and then it kept go on with PS3, XBOX360 and Wii. Before those, games were having more quality. Also even if you are wrong, you will never aknowledge it and you should change your attitude and how you are talking to me, since the last paragraph is offensive to me........i haven't talk offensive to you, but if that's how you like it, then that's what you will have. You are really remind me of another member from the old days that he was exactly like you. His name was jerkofwonder. I have really started to think that you might be him actually.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3037 on: June 18, 2012, 11:28:41 AM »
+9
Actually, I think pretty much everyone agrees here you're being a dick if not a total asshole.

If I could ignore him like you can people on Gamefaqs, I would. Most if his posts, if not all of them are nothing but condescending, rude and/or hypocritical remarks vaguely hidden behind an attempt at flowery speech pattern. It's the blantant hypocrisy that annoys me the most though. (And those generic excuses one uses when someone doesn't agree with you one often flocks to, such as, heck, most his defense for LoS against those that don't like it.)

Besides, he's got a very 'brick wall' "I'm right, you're wrong (and stupid)", very closed-mind way of thinking, so there's no real fun to be had in debating and/or arguing with him. Or at least that is how he's come off reading a majority of his posts.

At this point, I literary just scroll past his posts and move on.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3038 on: June 18, 2012, 11:49:23 AM »
If I could ignore him like you can people on Gamefaqs, I would. Most if his posts, if not all of them are nothing but condescending, rude and/or hypocritical remarks vaguely hidden behind an attempt at flowery speech pattern. It's the blantant hypocrisy that annoys me the most though. (And those generic excuses one uses when someone doesn't agree with you one often flocks to, such as, heck, most his defense for LoS against those that don't like it.)

Besides, he's got a very 'brick wall' "I'm right, you're wrong (and stupid)", very closed-mind way of thinking, so there's no real fun to be had in debating and/or arguing with him. Or at least that is how he's come off reading a majority of his posts.

Summed up nicely. :)

Anyways,

Regarding Mirror of Fate, what kind of unlockable modes or items do you think this game will have?

I was disappointed with the unlockables of LOS and hopefully they can do better with this one.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3039 on: June 18, 2012, 11:50:06 AM »
+2
LOL, reading that reminded me of this:
No no no Donkey - Family Guy

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3040 on: June 18, 2012, 12:00:52 PM »
I thin

I think most people reading the thread are doing just that, but with a real quick click on the "-1", since it costs only a fraction of a second of their time after skimming the post until they find the first condescending/irritating/inflammatory remark.

**scan** **scan** **scan** "Have a nice da-" -1

LOL, reading that reminded me of this:
No no no Donkey - Family Guy

I don't know why, but this behavior always seems to rise during the summer months.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3041 on: June 18, 2012, 12:22:54 PM »
I was disappointed with the unlockables of LOS and hopefully they can do better with this one.

I think several people could agree there should have been a Zobek mode similar to the bonus character modes of the IGAverse.

I mean, Zobek had his own original fighting style and motions, too. I think it'd be really nice.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3042 on: June 18, 2012, 12:23:39 PM »
+5
Hath thou forgotton the final words of our lord Lisa? For shame..  "Do not hate sumac. If you cannot live with him, then at least do him no harm. For his is already a hard lot." Turn the other cheek, perhaps he will change his ways & learn to live with us in harmony  :)

Regarding Mirror of Fate, what kind of unlockable modes or items do you think this game will have?

maybe there'll be a new game+, but that's prolly it.

or Solid Snake eyepatch

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
« Reply #3043 on: June 18, 2012, 12:41:47 PM »
Summed up nicely. :)

Anyways,

I quite liked the Solid Snake bandana/eyepatch you got, and I wouldn't mind a return of that (along with other nifty things of course), but hopefully the game will be more worth another playthrough as going through the levels again in LoS felt like a chore.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #3044 on: June 18, 2012, 12:51:46 PM »
+3

or Solid Snake eyepatch

Lol I really disliked that unlockable very much.

Nothing against Metal Gear, but this is CASTLEVANIA and I much would have preferred to have had I unlockable CASTLEVANIA costume or piece rather than a headband and eyepatch.

But I understand why they threw it in there, to pay a little homage to Kojima for his help, but I just did not like that it was the ONLY Additional costume piece we got.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Tags: .....?