Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1843530 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3045 on: June 18, 2012, 12:53:49 PM »
Lol I really disliked that unlockable very much.

Nothing against Metal Gear, but this is CASTLEVANIA and I much would have preferred to have had I unlockable CASTLEVANIA costume or piece rather than a headband and eyepatch.

But I understand why they through it in there, to pay a little homage to Kojima for his help, but I just did not like that it was the ONLY Additional costume piece we got.

I would have at least preferred the whole Snake outfit. You can barely even see either of them unless it's during a closeup in a cutscene, and even then the damn bandanna is like... invisible.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3046 on: June 18, 2012, 01:05:15 PM »
+2
I would have at least preferred the whole Snake outfit. You can barely even see either of them unless it's during a closeup in a cutscene, and even then the damn bandanna is like... invisible.

yea a whole entire suit would have been a good idea.

At least that way it would have been more bearable that we did not get a CV themed suit or accessory.

But just a bandana and eyepatch just seemed like far to little for a unlockable.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3047 on: June 18, 2012, 01:13:03 PM »
+5
I would've enjoyed a Simon Belmont costume or something, rather than the eyepatch.  I don't use the eyepatch but I do use the bandanna (Richter-ish?).

If I could ignore him like you can people on Gamefaqs, I would.

We have an ignore feature on our forum.  Go to your Profile.  On the left there should be a "Buddies/Ignore List".  Just add the inflammatory troll/annoying user's name as it is on their profile, to the list and automagically, their posts will be minimized.  You then have to click on their post to open it and see the bile.

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3048 on: June 18, 2012, 01:20:05 PM »
I would've enjoyed a Simon Belmont costume or something, rather than the eyepatch.  I don't use the eyepatch but I do use the bandanna (Richter-ish?).

We have an ignore feature on our forum.  Go to your Profile.  On the left there should be a "Buddies/Ignore List".  Just add the inflammatory troll/annoying user's name as it is on their profile, to the list and automagically, their posts will be minimized.  You then have to click on their post to open it and see the bile.

Dang it you beat me to it, but since I am at it a Trevor CoD outfit maybe a recolor of his curent outfit to blue so it looks like Richter somewhat, as for Simon make him look like his SCIV look if possible and remixes of LoS themes in 8/16 bit I know it would be awesome
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3049 on: June 18, 2012, 02:34:07 PM »
I would've enjoyed a Simon Belmont costume or something,

But he already wears a Simon Belmont outfit. :P
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #3050 on: June 18, 2012, 02:54:59 PM »
+1
But he already wears a Simon Belmont outfit. :P

No, he wears a Simon Belmont "Inspired" outfit.

Or more specifically, a apparent SCIV Simon belmont inspired outfit.

I myself would like to have seen Gabriel in Simon's classic barbarian attire lol. ;D

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3051 on: June 18, 2012, 03:03:52 PM »
June 18, 2012, 03:03:52 PM - Hidden.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:10:25 PM by Sumac »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3052 on: June 18, 2012, 03:04:25 PM »
No, he wears a Simon Belmont "Inspired" outfit.

Or more specifically, a apparent SCIV Simon belmont inspired outfit.

I myself would like to have seen Gabriel in Simon's classic barbarian attire lol. ;D

I thought it was inspired by Simon's Quest outfit?

Everything comes full circle

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #3053 on: June 18, 2012, 03:16:30 PM »
+2
I quite liked the Solid Snake bandana/eyepatch you got, and I wouldn't mind a return of that (along with other nifty things of course), but hopefully the game will be more worth another playthrough as going through the levels again in LoS felt like a chore.

I'm an MGS fan, but that unlockable was completely pointless and out of place. I hope there will be no more of that crap.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #3054 on: June 18, 2012, 03:28:46 PM »
I thought it was inspired by Simon's Quest outfit?

I recall hearing that.

But I also recall hearing it being inspired by his SCIV armor.....now I'm confused lol.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3055 on: June 18, 2012, 03:43:03 PM »
I recall hearing that.

But I also recall hearing it being inspired by his SCIV armor.....now I'm confused lol.
Cox got inspiration from SCIV in aesthetics, but Gabriel's armor was definitely inspired by Simon's in Simon's Quest.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3056 on: June 18, 2012, 04:23:26 PM »
+2
Cox got inspiration from SCIV in aesthetics, but Gabriel's armor was definitely inspired by Simon's in Simon's Quest.

Dat Red and Gold all day  8)

Also some GP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0V5NNeSOD0&feature=player_embedded#!

Do not know what the heck people are saying the graphics are bad they look good enough too me hope MS make them better  :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 04:27:44 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #3057 on: June 18, 2012, 06:08:52 PM »
Dat Red and Gold all day  8)

Also some GP

Do not know what the heck people are saying the graphics are bad they look good enough too me hope MS make them better  :)

Looks like it's completely possible to pass random enemies. I have no doubt there will be "kill everything" rooms, but it's nice to know they added that for the sake of backtracking.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #3058 on: June 18, 2012, 07:22:26 PM »
+6
Considering Aruajo won the "Best Original Score for a Video Game or Interactive Media" award for Lords of Shadow, I doubt they'll be changing the music style.

Out of curiosity, have any other Castlevania soundtracks won awards, or even been nominated for them?

What award from what venue? That Film Music Critics Award?

If we're putting quantitative values on the soundtracks of the Castlevania games and how many "honors" that they are received, then I could probably point to all the major video game websites, blogs and magazines from the past 15-20 years and find "Top Lists" and "Best Soundtracks" where past Castlevania music is ranked high if not top-tier against some of the best gaming music of all time.

How exactly that stacks up to a single award given by a film critics association is all a matter of each individual person's opinion.

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #3059 on: June 18, 2012, 07:22:59 PM »
+3
Also some GP

Playing a sidescroler with the analog stick = eating soup with a fork.

Tags: .....?