Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1822302 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5760 on: July 01, 2013, 06:29:30 PM »
Except that's the lingo to say that it sold bad, but it paid the time they expent making the game.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5761 on: July 01, 2013, 07:50:55 PM »
If they can't give any numbers, it means they don't WANT to give any numbers. If they were impressed with the sales numbers, then they would brag about it like they did with LoS.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5762 on: July 01, 2013, 11:42:58 PM »
It's on the 3DS, of course it sold well. There aren't enough games on the 3DS market to counter it. If it was released on the 360 or PS3, who knows how it'd have fared.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5763 on: July 02, 2013, 12:51:57 AM »
That's a fair point too...

or their expectations were already low for it
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5764 on: July 02, 2013, 09:12:16 AM »
That's a fair point too...

or their expectations were already low for it
It was probably on the cheaaaaap side too. I can't say it enough times, salaries in Japan are far superior than spain (which is loooooooow on salaries, thanks crisis) this is out of my mind but I think MoF costed less/the same adjusted for inflation- than Order of Ecclessia (The only IGAvania that seems to have a budget)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5765 on: July 02, 2013, 10:06:14 AM »
It's on the 3DS, of course it sold well. There aren't enough games on the 3DS market to counter it.

I'm not sure this is true.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Etrian Odyssey IV, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Dragon Warrior VIII, Kid Icarus Uprising, are all high-selling titles.  Some of these titles are from 2013 and have already broken a million units sold.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #5766 on: July 02, 2013, 10:19:02 AM »
All I can say is that I bought a brand new 3DS XL for Mirror of Fate. I played about half way into the game and for some reason I stopped. It didn't hold my attention and it just wasn't fun to play. I'm really sad to say that I just did not like it. I finally said the hell with it and sold my 3DS on Craigslist. Something about MOF was just so.... Boring.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5767 on: July 02, 2013, 12:29:40 PM »
All I can say is that I bought a brand new 3DS XL for Mirror of Fate. I played about half way into the game and for some reason I stopped. It didn't hold my attention and it just wasn't fun to play. I'm really sad to say that I just did not like it. I finally said the hell with it and sold my 3DS on Craigslist. Something about MOF was just so.... Boring.

The statement about mof yeah I'll agree with it but selling your 3ds? There are so many good games on the system it boggles my mind for instance this month shin megami tensei IV is coming out and that looks like it's going to rock some peoples socks off.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #5768 on: July 02, 2013, 12:41:20 PM »
+1
Fire Emblem!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5769 on: July 02, 2013, 02:00:14 PM »
There's also Code of Princess :D 3ds does have some cool games on it, tho I don't have one...;_;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5770 on: July 02, 2013, 02:02:33 PM »
There's also Code of Princess :D 3ds does have some cool games on it, tho I don't have one...;_;

I really want that game....... :'( but until now, there are not plans for a pal release.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #5771 on: July 02, 2013, 02:07:25 PM »
I prefer my vita to the 3ds. The 3d on the 3ds hurt my eyes, the graphics were weak, and the system was uncomfortable to hold for extended periods. The vita may have fewer games, but the good games that are on it, I prefer over what the 3ds has to offer. I'm super pumped for killzone mercenary this September.. The vita is going to work awesome with the ps4 too.

So far I haven't missed it. I'm not happy about that though. I really wanted to like it.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5772 on: July 02, 2013, 02:23:49 PM »
Fire Emblem!

That's the tip of  the 3ds also no one has talked about project x zone and speaking of Fire emblem I beat awakening so I'll say this. The ending while okay did not have much an impact as others fe games in my opinion not bad but not as good as say fe7 or path of radiance or the first half of fire emblem 4 ( I watched it on youtube and man I'll say this it is one of the most messed up endings in gaming history)

I prefer my vita to the 3ds. The 3d on the 3ds hurt my eyes, the graphics were weak, and the system was uncomfortable to hold for extended periods. The vita may have fewer games, but the good games that are on it, I prefer over what the 3ds has to offer. I'm super pumped for killzone mercenary this September.. The vita is going to work awesome with the ps4 too.

So far I haven't missed it. I'm not happy about that though. I really wanted to like it.

The only games that I wanted on the vita are persona 4 golden and soul sacrifice and now I can scratch both off since I bought persona 4 and downloaded Gods Eater Burst I can thank project x zone for that.  Soma, Lindow and Alisa. Alisa is very interesting chough
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #5773 on: July 02, 2013, 04:27:34 PM »
Vita has Gravity Rush, and for that alone is worth buying.
Why of course, that's not the only great game, but it's certainly my favourite one.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5774 on: July 04, 2013, 10:18:57 PM »
I liked FE for the character dialogues. When I got Severa, i kept laughing and muttering aloud, "Ha ha she's such a little bitch!" And Noire always makes me smile. So many jokes. But now that i've grinded pretty high up and can just Galeforce my way to and through boss battles, it's definitely too easy at later levels. And most of the items in the game are pointless. There's almost no point in investing in any weapons, as at later levels you can still insta-kill someone with a spoon.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags: .....? 

anything