Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anyone have a Chocobo Squeek?  (Read 4061 times)

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« on: July 09, 2009, 01:11:13 PM »
Would anyone have a sound file of the squeek when you talk to a chocobo from a game like FF IV DS of FF III DS?

Kweh! Kweh!

Offline Patraw

• Dracula's door mat
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Mark's Art Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 08:13:38 AM »
I'm afraid all I have is a ChocoBOT:

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 09:01:52 PM »
I'm afraid all I have is a ChocoBOT:

ah FF adventure, good times, good times. Played that and Legend 1 into the ground back in the day.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 06:29:29 AM »
I cant help but wonder why you dont do this for a livin... Ever thought about sellin em?

Offline Patraw

• Dracula's door mat
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Mark's Art Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 08:55:25 AM »
In Reply To #4

Occasionally I contemplate it, but I've never seriously pursued it.  I'd have to do original stuff or obtain a licensing agreement if I were to go into business--it's illegal/unethical to profit from someone else's intellectual property (Square-Enix in this particular case) without permission/compensation for the copyright holder(s).  I mostly just sculpt for the fun/joy of it.

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 12:59:23 PM »
That's a crazy looking chocobo.

Dose it actually move on it's own like a robot, or is it just like an action figure?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 06:22:13 PM »
Patraw, you are the man. That game was awesome.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 07:09:36 PM »
yeah FFA was good. I remember back when it was new I was pretty young still and we had a yardsale. All I wanted to do was make enough cash to buy that game. I got it and MAN I wore it out. I think I still have it somewhere

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 10:05:07 PM »
In Reply To #4

The only reason it's called Final Fantasy adventure is because back in the day the FF series was hugely popular and Squearsoft wasn't sure if other RPGs by any other name would sell well. The game is actually part of the Mana series. It's true title is The Tree of Mana. A prequel to the SNES game Secret of Mana.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Patraw

• Dracula's door mat
  • Hunter in Training
    • Mark's Art Page
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 07:50:39 AM »
X:

While it's true that Final Fantasy Adventure is the first of the Seiken Densetsu games, it IS also a Final Fantasy game.  The full Japanese name of the title is Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden, not just Seiken Densetsu, so, no, it's not true that the name Final Fantasy was just added for name recognition, it was already there as the subtitle in the original Japanese release.  The game has numerous Final Fantasy elements: chocobos, moogles, red mages, white mages, dwarves, etc.--it's very clearly a Final Fantasy inspired work.  Those elements were, of course, downplayed in the sequels.  Bear in mind that Squaresoft had no way of knowing whether this more Zelda-esque title would even be a hit when they made it, and thus, wouldn't have had any immediate plans for sequels at the time of its development.

Gameboy Final Fantasy Legend 1-3, on the other hand, (Makaitoushi SaGa, SaGa II: Hihou Densetsu, and SaGa III: Jikku no Hasha, respectively, in Japan) have nothing to do with Final Fantasy and did just have the more popular Final Fantasy moniker pasted on them for the North American (and presumably European) audiences.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 09:55:41 PM »
Interesting...

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything