Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Streaming ps1 games from ps3 to psp  (Read 5195 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Streaming ps1 games from ps3 to psp
« on: December 20, 2007, 06:21:42 AM »
Can anyone explain to me how this works?

From what I understand it sends it from your ps3 to your psp through wifi. Do you need your ps3 on the whole time? can you access it from any wifi point even if it is extremely far from your ps3? Can I now consider Vandal Hearts II to be the greatest handheld game ever?
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 06:52:04 AM »
I'm afraid you need to be inside the area where the Ps3 is...unfortunately...
...but if you mod your PsP, there are ways to do it...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Streaming ps1 games from ps3 to psp
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 06:55:03 AM »
Too bad. I wanted to suprise my friend by whiping out my psp and playing VHII (Which he has been letting me borrow...for about 4 years). The combined shock of me owning a ps3, psp, and playing a ps1 game from a different place would freak him out.
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 06:58:06 AM »
In Reply To #3

Have him come over your house and show him.  Do it on the porch or in the front-yard to add to the element of surprise.

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 10:05:23 AM »
You're wrong.

You can access it from any wifi connection; a friend demoed it for me the other day.  You just get into a wifi connection on your PSP from any place in the world and make sure your PS3 is able to connect to the internet.  You turn the PS3 on and off with your PSP so its not like you need it running at all times, and when you connect yuo have access to most of the media stuff aside from PS3 games and blu-ray movies.

Remote play is pretty much awesome if it didn't cost so much.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 10:25:56 AM »
In Reply To #5

O cool. Sony should explain their updates so people will understand everything. They seem to focus on certain parts and leave others for you to figure out.

And what do you mean it costs too much? Are you talking about the price of a psp and ps3 plus the games, or is there a fee?

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 11:16:27 AM »
In Reply To #5

Oh, really?  That's a pretty good deal, then...but whats this "cost so much" business I hear...

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 01:18:18 PM »
Wait, so you can't actually store the game on the PSP, you can just have the disc spinning in your PS3 while the info is streamed to the PSP?  Who would want to do that?  It sorta defeats the purpose of a portable system.  If I have my choice between a small handheld screen and a console version on my TV with the native control scheme, I'll take the console every time.  The small screen of a handheld is something I put up with to play games on the go...or to play handheld-exclusive versions.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 04:31:52 PM »
In Reply To #8

heh heh *hides his ISO of Castlevania Chronicles and other games inside his 4GB Memory stick*

Yeah... modding is bad, m'kay?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 08:42:29 PM »
Wait, so you can't actually store the game on the PSP, you can just have the disc spinning in your PS3 while the info is streamed to the PSP?  Who would want to do that?  It sorta defeats the purpose of a portable system.  If I have my choice between a small handheld screen and a console version on my TV with the native control scheme, I'll take the console every time.  The small screen of a handheld is something I put up with to play games on the go...or to play handheld-exclusive versions.

PFG-You can store it on the PSP or play through wifi.

And yeah the price thing was buying a PS3 and a PSP. :x

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 05:38:23 AM »
In Reply To #10

You CAN store it on your Ps3!?!
: 0

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 03:20:24 PM »
In Reply To #10

You CAN store it on your Ps3!?!
: 0

Like if you had downloaded the game off the PS store..

Basically when you use remote play the PS3's xmb replaces the PSP one.  So you are using the PS3 through the PSP's screen, and you have access to whatever it is you have on there, minus ps3 games, most downloadable games(some work) and i'm not sure about movies.

Tags: