Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania 3 custom action figure line.  (Read 5178 times)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« on: May 20, 2016, 09:53:29 PM »
Hello all.  Wanted to show off what I've got finished for a pretty ambitious project I've been working on for a while now.  I am trying to make a whole line of custom figures based Castlevania 3.  But more than that I wanted to give them a distinct Epic Dark Fantasy look popular in the NES/GB/SNES days of the series.  So far I have completed 3 figures I want to show you here.

Trevor Belmont, in his barbaric cv 3 glory.

Medusa, I went with a really fearsome, monstrous look, which goes well with how she has been represented in the Castlevania series, and fits the dark fantasy vibe.

And my own take on Dracula, which is the most drastic departure so far, but I really liked the idea casting him as a dark knight type figure.  Given his origins, and I thought it would be a beautiful contrast to Trevor, which I think I was right about.

Some group shots.

Full gang.

With some other Castlevania appropriate dark fantasy figs.

Hope you guys like them.  Next up is some skeleton knights from these 3-D printed skeletons figures and some custom fotter armor.  Once I save a little more cash. http://www.shapeways.com/product/4ES3FUNQS/sl01-body-01-7inch?optionId=43837369
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
Re: Castlevania 3 custom action figure line.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 12:37:49 AM »
Nope don't like them. I don't care for this twisted take on CV3. Wish you followed the concept art more closely.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 01:03:03 AM »
Nope don't like them. I don't care for this twisted take on CV3. Wish you followed the concept art more closely.
You know, you could've expressed that with a bit more tact. Just sayin'.

That said, I find myself disagreeing with your take on Dracula. One of the big things about him is that he used to be human. I believe he could use a more human face, IMO the one you have on him right now makes him look a bit too orcish.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 04:51:55 AM »
Understandable.  But what about Trevor? I worked pretty hard to get him very close to his Cv3 cover look.

You know, you could've expressed that with a bit more tact. Just sayin'.

That said, I find myself disagreeing with your take on Dracula. One of the big things about him is that he used to be human. I believe he could use a more human face, IMO the one you have on him right now makes him look a bit too orcish.

Yeah, I wanted to go different with it because we already have the NECA figure which is pretty decent.  The head is actually from a Dracula figure, it's the monster/bat form from Bram Stoker's Dracula.  Did you have any opinions on the others?  Mostly Trevor, as he took by far the most work.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 04:53:50 AM by AlexCalvo »

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 05:20:28 AM »
Trevor looks quite nice, I guess. I can see that one of the major inspirations was his American CV3 boxart look.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 05:46:44 AM »
Medusa looks cool AF, Trevor looks identical to NA boxart. Dracula, ditch the shield and hybrid is head, hybrid as in half human, half that almost in a way that you can imagine that still there and the human face could peel off any minute kinda look.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Lanforse

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 06:35:36 AM »
Trevor is AWESOME. So much details, old-style "barbarian" look and he's armed to the teeth with classic Castlevania arsenal.
Medusa is really original. It's a huge step from classic myths, now she's less human and more like "ancient evil from the deep". I missed her NSFW parts, though.
Dracula looks like an Orc from Tolkien's Middle-earth. That shield, that sword... Can't distinct him from Uruk-hai

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 07:39:49 PM »
I couldn't tell how close cv3 trevore was cause I ain't looked at any artwork recently. I just knew the other two were way off. I suppose that's how they'd look if Micheal Bay ever made a cv 3 movie.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 11:33:39 AM »
I couldn't tell how close cv3 trevore was cause I ain't looked at any artwork recently. I just knew the other two were way off. I suppose that's how they'd look if Micheal Bay ever made a cv 3 movie.
Got an ax to grind bro?

Medusa looks cool AF, Trevor looks identical to NA boxart. Dracula, ditch the shield and hybrid is head, hybrid as in half human, half that almost in a way that you can imagine that still there and the human face could peel off any minute kinda look.

Trevor is AWESOME. So much details, old-style "barbarian" look and he's armed to the teeth with classic Castlevania arsenal.
Medusa is really original. It's a huge step from classic myths, now she's less human and more like "ancient evil from the deep". I missed her NSFW parts, though.
Dracula looks like an Orc from Tolkien's Middle-earth. That shield, that sword... Can't distinct him from Uruk-hai

Thanks for the compliments and criticisms.  I worked hard as hell on Trevor, been working on him essentially since the NECA Castlevania figures came out.  Was going for as close to the Cv3 boxart as I could while still keeping him a good posable figure.  I can see the remarks on Dracula, I really went with my own personal taste on that one, going the dark, demonic vampire knight route that I personally would love to see Drac use as a 2nd form in a theoretical future game.  Never made the orc connection before... but now I can't unsee it. lol  It's actually the head from this Dracula form from Bram Stoker's Dracula https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1rnBQJxfdk

Here is the figure I took it from.

But now come to think of it... I love the idea of a gothic, vampiric orc.  Maybe I will take another crack at Dracula later, after the skeleton knights and Sypha.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 12:42:39 PM »

Here is the figure I took it from.

Why did you take his clothes off?

Tags:

anything