Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow Alucard Mode Hack  (Read 14853 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow Alucard Mode Hack
« on: October 08, 2016, 03:29:00 PM »
Just a quick hack I made over the past week, if there is enough interest in it I will release it, be sure to read the description of the video for more info, enjoy.

Video

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 05:09:34 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
Re: Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow Alucard Mode Hack
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 04:14:40 AM »
I never played that game before, but apparently Alucard is a playable in Julius mode. How do you play as him in the vanilla ROM? I think your hack is good too. He should never have been nerfed in POR when everyone was used to him in SOTN.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 04:54:43 AM »
Alucard wasn't playable in POR, though.

In DoS, he was only playable in Julius Mode, and is unlocked simply by encountering him in the castle (I forget where, but you can't miss him since I think you have to go through the area he's at anyway). From there you just push a button to switch from Julius or Yoko to Alucard.

As for the hack, it's actually pretty intriguing. I'd love to replay the main DoS as Alucard, and might even give the hack a go if you were to release it. I don't know if I'd finish it, since seals are a pain with the mouse, but I'd at least get some decent fun out of it.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 08:59:34 AM »

As for the hack, it's actually pretty intriguing. I'd love to replay the main DoS as Alucard, and might even give the hack a go if you were to release it. I don't know if I'd finish it, since seals are a pain with the mouse, but I'd at least get some decent fun out of it.

Actually I have a Action Replay code if you want that makes the seals much more easy to complete, it does not remove them completely but with the code all you have to do is use the mouse to move the seal in any direction and it automatically finishes it for you, you can watch the video all the way through past the boss fight to see what I mean.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 12:12:55 AM »
Well, Castlevania hacks are underappreciated but I think you should release your hack anyway. RHDN accepts DS hacks now so you should be able to upload it there when you are ready. I've had alot of hacks that didn't seem to get alot of feedback but I released them anyway and sometimes I see people talking about them down the road. Theres a few youtube videos of them.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 03:17:30 PM »
Its possible to change familiar sprites to SotN ones like you did on the AoS hack too?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 02:05:55 PM »
Its possible to change familiar sprites to SotN ones like you did on the AoS hack too?

Sorry for the late reply, been dealing with some important issues outside the internet, but yes It would be possible to do that but it would not be exactly like AOS since I can only change the sprites and not the names or descriptions, I'm unable to hack txt like I can in AOS since DOS does not using teh ANSI format for its text.

But I will see what I can do with a possible future release of the Alucard mode hack, for now I will probably be releasing the Alucard mode hack in a couple of days once I have some more time to work on it.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 01:42:04 AM »
I hope you figure out how to edit text cause I don't wanna see the hack half done.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 01:13:17 PM »
I hope you figure out how to edit text cause I don't wanna see the hack half done.

There is no figuring it out really, the txt is not in a format that can be hacked period, if you don't want to download the hack if I release it that is fine, this was a quick hack I did for fun while I wait for Jop to finish up the Alucard sprites for my Dawn of Symphony hack, was never meant to be a "full" hack to begin with which is why I had reservations about even releasing it in the first place since I was not sure if there would be any interest in it.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 01:22:12 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 09:26:26 PM »
I see no problem in not being able to change names, since the conversations would be the same anyway. Sure, it would be cool if possible, but not a must.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 10:15:55 AM »
Actually I have a Action Replay code if you want that makes the seals much more easy to complete, it does not remove them completely but with the code all you have to do is use the mouse to move the seal in any direction and it automatically finishes it for you, you can watch the video all the way through past the boss fight to see what I mean.

Can I get that code? I just got DOS and I wanna use the code to make the seals easier to make. I am having a hard time doing it now.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 05:07:34 PM »
Can I get that code? I just got DOS and I wanna use the code to make the seals easier to make. I am having a hard time doing it now.

The code is contained within the readme file of the CV DOS ALucard mode hack, just download it and read the file to get the code,

You can get the download link from the hack release video here,

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 05:10:01 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 10:16:43 PM »
Since you can at least hack the graphics for DoS, could you possibly do a hack that restores the blood color to red?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 09:21:28 AM »
Since you can at least hack the graphics for DoS, could you possibly do a hack that restores the blood color to red?

If I could narrow down the color palette value for the blood than yes I could easily do that, but finding it would prove to be a pain I bet, also I think someone is already doing that over at romhacking.net, I remember it being discussed in a hacking thread so I will have to check and see what they came up with.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 10:02:16 PM »
You know rhdn accepts DS hacks now right? They'll probably take this hack. They didn't mind the smb64ds hacks that only changed marios model and not the text referring to him.

Tags: